Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Should Neg Rep be signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Anyone know how to get a 'lock' smiley?

Bonecrusher, at your service.

And seriously, I know that people will argue that the system can be improved, but it doesn't matter to me. If I got neg repped, I certainly wouldn't spur an eleven page debate (sorry for people with different post # per page, going by the forum default) on whether it should be signed, or something else equally trivial. YOU chose whether it matters to you.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow a huge argument about rep and I'm not even involved...what does that say????

The rep system has merit and it is also meaningless...it what you make of it.

I had 11 bars..then 0 and I'm back up to 5 in a relatively short time. What does that say about the system?

Holy crap people..seriously if you are going to go and start hating people over their view of the rep system then I wonder what kind of crap is gonna be flying when a serious topic comes up.

Last edited by Onacara; August 24th, 2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Fixed my spelling after neg repping Abomination--Its a joke people...sheesh
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Wow a huge argument about rep and I'm not even involved...what does that say????

The rep system has merit and it is also meaningless...it what you make of it.

I had 11 bars..then 0 and I'm back up to 5 in a relatively short time. What does that say about the system?

Holy crap people..seriously if you are going to go and dtart hating people over their view of the rep system then I wonder what kin of crap is gonna be flying when a serious topic comes up.
And I'm wondering what happened to your spelling.

ABOM ~ trying to lighten up the mood a little, please don't take it wrong, Ona.
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Your HSers REPUTATION And You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
People arguing over what I meant with my words. Am I that cryptic?

We provide a rep system. The system allows folks to conveniently and privately mention their thoughts about a post, directly to the author in anonymity if desired, and this keeps our threads less full of pats on the back and mild or even firm disagreement all of which we would prefer to be done privately for the reasons we have mentioned countless times. It is a good system that I am not willing to take away because a vocal member got upset over a couple of harmless neg reps.
You may view it harmless, another may not.
Now it seems to me that you are just arguing to argue at this point. Pathetic really.
A site member has a different opinion and you call him pathetic. I think that is very rude. I get it Grunge, you are the law of the land here and shape how the community functions. You have said that this site is not a bastion of free speech and I get that but civility is a written rule, or is it? Who holds the admins accountable? I want to be a part of this site but being called pathetic is stepping over the line in my opinion. I expected more than degredation of a member from you. I'm probably cutting my own throat here but oh well. I sense a bit of a god complex here, whatever.
My goodness do we have some delicate spring flowers here! Are your sensitivities so fragile that I cannot call an obsessive argument pathetic without having somebody burst out in declaration that "evil Grungebob is ruling with an iron fist"? I am now more than ever certain that this thread is indeed pathetic.

I don't know, Grungebob. Indeed you do serve Utgar. Might be a little evil in there somewhere.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
I don't know, Grungebob. Indeed you do serve Utgar. Might be a little evil in there somewhere.
Looks like Jandar to me.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Looks like Jandar to me.
I don't know man. Soemthing about those hit zones don't really match the picture.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dunno ... I'm pretty sure that sponge got all red from sopping up the blood of his enemies ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm think all rep should be signed, but whatever, I won't lose any sleep over it.

nyys, can't believe he just read this entire thread.

-insert signature here-
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I simply think opposing views should be treated with respect.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
<chuckling>
This shows the sheer inexplicable nature of the following:
1. How someone who is a USER of this site can possibly
a. Speak for the community
b. Tell the Admins how it's gonna be
c. Tell the Admins that the program that has worked up until this point is miraculously broken because of some unsigned neg-rep
2. How someone can POSSIBLY be harmed by neg-rep, IRL or otherwise
3. Why Admins allow 20 pages of posting on a retarded subject where the same disruptive individual berates the site's features instead of locking it
4. Why certain individuals, who are clearly disturbed by the fact that their arguments are falling on deaf ears CONTINUE TO STAY ON A SITE THEY APPARENTLY HAVE DISDAIN FOR
5. Why said individuals, who are clearly BEGGING for validation and acceptance try so hard to be invalidated and ostracized

Truly, this defies reason. Me, I'm of this mind:
"This is how the site works. We welcome you to use it as proscribed. If you do NOT like the way we do things, hit the bricks, jacko!"

<>
Retro, consider the possibility that the same individuals that are trying SO hard for acceptance via 'rep' may have signed up to support the site simply for the opportunity to be viewed as 'elite', and to rep or -rep people.
I beg of you! Superfly, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. You have clearly gone waaay too far down the rabbit hole on this one. I think you care way more than I do.

I enjoy this site very much so, Think there are alot of great people here. And have respect for all those posting on this thread who have opposite views of me.

And I think this site has enough forethought to realize that perhaps they are not perfect yet, and are willing to listen to others ideas.(I've received equal neg/pos rep on my posts containing to this thread. So it appears more are 50/50 on it than one would think.) Aldin actually moving this to another thread shows that they are listening, and I don't know what post it was, but another admin was saying they are looking to make the rep system better.

To quote Bunjee - We are looking at modifications to the rep system, but it is going to stay for now. Many people feel that it has use.

I'll answer your said question, because its claer its direct towards me.

This shows the sheer inexplicable nature of the following:
1. How someone who is a USER of this site can possibly
a. Speak for the community -Not sure how I am speaking for the community.
b. Tell the Admins how it's gonna be -Unsure how I told the admins how anything is going to be. I'm offering my opinion on the matter, they can choose to listen or not listen.
c. Tell the Admins that the program that has worked up until this point is miraculously broken because of some unsigned neg-repIts clear that by the admins reactions to this, that they are working on changing it, or not changing it. Therefore I'd think they would like to hear what I have to say.
2. How someone can POSSIBLY be harmed by neg-rep, IRL or otherwise Well why are many people in the community complaining about the neg rep? It is obviously affecting some people.
3. Why Admins allow 20 pages of posting on a retarded subject where the same disruptive individual berates the site's features instead of locking it When you become an Admin, I guess you will get to make that call. Clearly you missed the posts where the admins are talking about making the system better.
4. Why certain individuals, who are clearly disturbed by the fact that their arguments are falling on deaf ears CONTINUE TO STAY ON A SITE THEY APPARENTLY HAVE DISDAIN FOR Disdain? Hardly, I love heroscapers, have many friends here. Great discussions. If I hated it, id simply leave. You can find my posts in other threads, I doubt it will seem I have disdain for the whole site. Little bit of an exaggeration.
5. Why said individuals, who are clearly BEGGING for validation and acceptance try so hard to be invalidated and ostracized You don't really know me at all. And based on the fact that my rep from these threads is both positive and negative, I am not the only one who feels this way. Perhaps you might want to step back and think about your words.

I think heroscapers is a site the welcomes other peoples opinions and works to grow and make itself better, and I am glad we have forums that allow members to express their frustrations and also praise the site.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; August 25th, 2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Signing neg-reps is all about the situation and the person in question. I once landed in some hot water with several people all at once, some neg-repped me and some didn't bother. The mystery forced me not to be sour at any of them and that's probably better. I don't even care who's done it now (although it would be fun to get the answers to my guessing game), but at the time it wouldn't have done a good thing for me.

For the side conversation here...
I only rep posts that I find very helpful, incredibly insightful, really enjoyable, or down right awesome. I generally refrain from neg-repping unless a rule is broken and it appears nobody else has addressed the situation. I justify this with the amount of reps we are allowed in a day, it so happens to be the about the amount of very helpful, incredibly insightful, really enjoyable, or down right awesome posts I find in a day or less.

I think that if the system is more about agreeing/disagreeing on opinions than what I've made my way about, your rep will show more about how well your opinions fit with those around you instead of how good your posts are, how trustworthy you are, and how helpful you are. I'd rather be able to spot the good guys over the people with popular opinions. Besides lets say a person has some really big disagrements when it comes to making armies, discussing new releases, and creating customs; should that person get "'User' is begging to be banned" when their rep falls to -100? Definitely not.

However I can see where a system based on opinion would be good. If WotC wants to get a feel for what people want it would be easier to look at a couple people who are heavily agreed with rather than sift through a thread looking. If someone wants to pick a highly competitive army a person with good opinion standing would be more helpful than somebody who got rep over there awesome custom contributions. Perhaps adding a system for agrees/disagrees and making the current system more about conduct and contribution should be in the works.

As it stands the system is pretty good and undoubtfully helpful, but like almost everything else has room for improvement. The way you use the system is essentially up to the person though, but think to yourself would I want people to use the system like me or no before you make your way. If your ok with it then your way is probably not bad.
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Meh

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online