Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Reign is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Dumutef!?

I was torn a new one by Dumutef in a 700 pt. army game today. I couldn't believe it! I had him surrounded by minions, marro warriors, vikings, and Q9. After Dumutef killed all but one viking and Q9, I rolled one skull with a krav maga agent and finally put him down.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:00 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Re: Dumutef!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign
I was torn a new one by Dumutef in a 700 pt. army game today. I couldn't believe it! I had him surrounded by minions, marro warriors, vikings, and Q9. After Dumutef killed all but one viking and Q9, I rolled one skull with a krav maga agent and finally put him down.
The great Dumutef can sometimes surprise, as you have experienced! Great that he is common - we use two of them, and dream of having a whole army of them - imagine, for 700 points, you could field 28 of the beasts!
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:05 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
dumutef can amaze. i once rolled 5/5 skulls against him with finn (hieght advantage). Nobody i play with ever gets a perfect roll, let alone 2 perfect rolls back-to-back. He was on road, so he had his road bonus, and afte rmy 5 skulls, he rolled 5 shields like it was something he does regularly.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
He is a great 25 points to have at the end of a game for sure. I find it hard to justify turn markers on him before he is one of the last units left for me.
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
The Dumutef Guard is actually a sneaky marketing tool. Think about it, a great unit for only 25 points: you get one of them when you buy a $20 expansion. I'm not saying that you're not getting your money's worth when you buy RttFF, but they want you to buy more of those.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
I once put a Dumutef Guard on a bridge in such a way that to be engabed with him you had to be one elevation lower. I had Khosumet behind him. A7 D6. Between the two of them, they held that bridge against all the melee Marro until the game was over.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:38 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
The Dumetef is indeed formidable in melee! He doesn't see a lot of time in our games since we emphasize range. He gets eaten up when he can't hit back. I have played 2 or 3 of them in an army, although I only have 1. We use proxies fairly often and Krug or the Ogre Champions from Battlemasters have both stood in for him.

Not one step backwards!
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Last night I played a 500 point army made up of 300 points of zombies, a squad of Shades (which bond with Dumutefs) and four Dumutefs. It wasn't a winning army, because it was my first time playing zombies and it was a three-person game and I was/am still learning how to do them; but the Guards were a hoot!

Now that the search is back (yay!) let me see if I can find that 9 Dumutefs vs. Jotun thread.

Yep, here it is:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=dumutef+jotun

Yay! Xotli for the search rebuild!!
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Last night I played a 500 point army made up of 300 points of zombies, a squad of Shades (which bond with Dumutefs) and four Dumutefs. It wasn't a winning army, because it was my first time playing zombies and it was a three-person game and I was/am still learning how to do them; but the Guards were a hoot!

Now that the search is back (yay!) let me see if I can find that 9 Dumutefs vs. Jotun thread.

Yep, here it is:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=dumutef+jotun

Yay! Xotli for the search rebuild!!
I'm so close to being able to try that. I've got 8 Dumutefs to my name.

I've actually been dreaming up a scenario to use them in too. I'll post it once I get my computer back and can properly build the map. Probably not going to be one of my lower set requirement maps though (not that ANY of my maps are...).
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM

chakan2 has disabled reputation
Do you guys think that Dumutef is crazily over powered? For 25 points I'm getting eseentially a 5/5 guy. I've only played with him a few times now, but in both games, I've ran through my opponents army and have done a fair amount of damage. I could see him being 25 points in a non-road scenerio, but it seems like if there's a road in the game he should be boosted to like 40 or 50 points.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakan2
Do you guys think that Dumutef is crazily over powered? For 25 points I'm getting eseentially a 5/5 guy. I've only played with him a few times now, but in both games, I've ran through my opponents army and have done a fair amount of damage. I could see him being 25 points in a non-road scenerio, but it seems like if there's a road in the game he should be boosted to like 40 or 50 points.
No. He's only got 1 life, so it only takes one shot to kill him, and he's only got one figure per card, so each turn with him you only get one attack. Yeah, he's cheap, but he's not omnipotent.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
True, the Guard has a DeathWalker-like glass jaw. But for 25 points, and especially as a common, he's going to see more multiple use in my armies (which is why I have custom painted a white, black, normal, and blue set of four different color DGs at just 100 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units