Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 18th, 2020, 05:03 PM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Hey team! Super excited to be onboard!
I think I agree with groups of 3+, and I definitely like starting with some less major players. Perhaps it could be an idea to start with a given scene, say the battle at Osgilliath for example, and do a few cards from that as a "wave", with couple of squads and a few heroes. That way I think we get the "wow factor" of a nice cohesive theme, but without using major characters to find our feet. Just my 2 cents!
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Here's an idea: what if we move forward on brainstorming the fellowship, but we don't move any of them into design yet. The ideas can marinate and we can add to them as we have additional ideas; really hash things out. This would give us a bit of a "backlog" of drafts similar to what HoSS when they got really started (although much smaller)

Meanwhile, we try to design/edit/playtest and then finalize something else from the Fellowship of the Ring like Uruk-Hai of the White Hand, maybe an Uruk Hai hero from the movie, and a cave troll or Moria goblins or something.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:35 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Meanwhile, we try to design/edit/playtest and then finalize something else from the Fellowship of the Ring like Uruk-Hai of the White Hand, maybe an Uruk Hai hero from the movie, and a cave troll or Moria goblins or something.
Ha! Maybe you need a poll: "Movie version of Middle Earth or book version"
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:49 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Ha! Maybe you need a poll: "Movie version of Middle Earth or book version"
We could do a poll... personally I'm happy with what we said however many years ago.
Quote:
... Inspiration is to be drawn from the books by J.R.R. Tolkien, and Peter Jacksons Lord of the Rings Trilogy, as a secondary source should the works of Tolkien lack a description or detail for our purposes.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:58 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm happy with that yoo because we can grab additional characters or flesh out abilities by looking at the film in some cases.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:55 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi all - as mentioned previously I'm excited to take part in this.

Regarding movies v. books, I agree with what Capsocrates already mentioned - using books as a primary source and movies only secondarily, such as when a character was not in the books (for example, Lurtz from the battle @ Amon Hen). That way we have the biggest possible pool of characters to pull from and keep it as authentic as possible.
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
... Inspiration is to be drawn from the books by J.R.R. Tolkien, and Peter Jacksons Lord of the Rings Trilogy, as a secondary source should the works of Tolkien lack a description or detail for our purposes.
This may come as a surprise, but I 100% agree with this!
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:56 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie97 View Post
Perhaps it could be an idea to start with a given scene, say the battle at Osgilliath for example, and do a few cards from that as a "wave", with couple of squads and a few heroes. That way I think we get the "wow factor" of a nice cohesive theme, but without using major characters to find our feet. Just my 2 cents!
I really like this idea. Along with what capsocrates said about doing the fellowship as drafts, but not designs and do some secondary/tertiary FotR characters. Maybe a Mines Of Moira wave?

I also agree with books (original source) and then movie to fill out the rest. Also most figures we would use are from the movie or movie inspired, so it'd be weird to excise the films like that.
Old May 19th, 2020, 05:58 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mines of Maria could be a good place to start. It probably does force us to define our upper power end right off the bat with Durins Bane.
Old May 19th, 2020, 09:24 AM

The Balrog is probably another card we want to save for a bit.

I'm not envisioning we would release any cards before we release the fellowship. Just design these other cards and then do the fellowship and release them all together.

--
--
--

--
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:08 AM

@IAmBatman @quozl @Dysole @Xotli @Xorlof could we have a subforum for HoME please? No need for it to be private. And all the HoME threads moved into it? There are a few threads with that prefix in here that are very old it would also be nice to have moved over

--
--
--

--
Old May 19th, 2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Here is a link to all the polls where we are asking the community at large to help us set the boundaries for the project in terms of complexity, power-level, synergies, and generals.

Polls
Poll #1: Power-level is here
Poll #2: Generals is here
Poll #3: Synergy is here
Poll #4: Complexity is here

Please check out each one and vote if you haven't already!

We are looking for volunteers! If you would like to volunteer just contact me or post in this thread.

Just a note that each poll is non-binding. We will be using these to help us determine how to best serve the community, but we of course reserve the right to do what we think is best in any given case.
I'm trying to drive as much response here as we can. We're at 24 right now after just a few days. I'd like to see something closer to 100 by the time we hit two weeks. If any of y'all feel up to it, please share it with your local community members; especially ones that may not check the site that often. I'm personally less interested in responses from people that don't own Scape or otherwise engage heavily in the game/site, so bear that in mind.

--
We also probably should have made a question about minis regarding affordability and pre painted or not.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs