Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Re: hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
So I'm not the only one who thinks DW7k was a failure? It was a dissappointment, unlike his predessecors, 8k and 9k, which kick serious butt. I hope they continue making more in the DW line but not like 7k.
I may disagree with you about Deathwalker 7k being a bad figure (because I think they all PWN!), but I DO agree that we need more!

I need my collection COMPLETE!
i like DW7K, he is always their for me when i have trouble against an annoying svarris or another ranged unit. and yeah his only use isn't a bomb, just pretend it's not existant until u you need it. and DW i doubt that your beloved DW's will be able to fit in a tourny, they might be exspensive, but who knows? we will all see if hasbro will love the DW enough to make more.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
Quote:
Quote:
So I'm not the only one who thinks DW7k was a failure? It was a dissappointment, unlike his predessecors, 8k and 9k, which kick serious butt. I hope they continue making more in the DW line but not like 7k.
I may disagree with you about Deathwalker 7k being a bad figure (because I think they all PWN!), but I DO agree that we need more!

i like DW7K, he is always their for me when i have trouble against an annoying svarris or another ranged unit. and yeah his only use isn't a bomb, just pretend it's not existant until u you need it. and DW i doubt that your beloved DW's will be able to fit in a tourny, they might be exspensive, but who knows? we will all see if hasbro will love the DW enough to make more.
tourney armies are 500 points, right?

thus far, this would by my tourny army, if it was complete:

DW 7000
DW 8000
DW 9000
Zettian Guards
1×Blastatrons
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DW 7000
DW 8000
DW 9000
Zettian Guards
1×Blastatrons
Typical of you, DEATHWALKER. Put in 1xDeathreavers and Marcu instead of the Blastatrons.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DW 7000
DW 8000
DW 9000
Zettian Guards
1×Blastatrons
Typical of you, DEATHWALKER. Put in 1xDeathreavers and Marcu instead of the Blastatrons.
I wanted the Blastatrons because they are soulborg guards.
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unfortunately, they are pretty much useless without the Glads. If you want some Soulborg Gaurds, the Zetts are good. Your army has very little glyph grabbing potential, so naturally, the Deathreavers are good while still being Soulborgs. Marcu's just there because he feels like it.

Old October 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, they are pretty much useless without the Glads. If you want some Soulborg Gaurds, the Zetts are good. Your army has very little glyph grabbing potential, so naturally, the Deathreavers are good while still being Soulborgs. Marcu's just there because he feels like it.
the Glads aren't guards!

besides, who said anything about glyphs?
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
the Glads aren't guards!

Gladiatrons. Sure, they aren't gaurds, but the Blats are only good if they have Vydar Meatshields, aka the Gladiatrons. With that, place in Deathreavers and Marcu.

Old October 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the Glads aren't guards!

Gladiatrons. Sure, they aren't gaurds, but the Blats are only good if they have Vydar Meatshields, aka the Gladiatrons. With that, place in Deathreavers and Marcu.
He doesn't care about the effectiveness of his army; only the composition, based on his obsession.
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the Glads aren't guards!

He doesn't care about the effectiveness of his army; only the composition, based on his obsession.
yeah... pretty much

I want a DW-based army

BTW,
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:44 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The other day I tried to vindicate dw7k against ranged squads, only to roll blanks on the 7 very early on...

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 11:30 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik
The other day I tried to vindicate dw7k against ranged squads, only to roll blanks on the 7 very early on...
What a surprise...
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I recently wrote a short story for my Creative Writing class and I used Deathwalker 7000 as the main character, I originally posted it in the fan fiction section but nobody seems to read anything there so here it is in his book...

Quote:
Hey guys, I thought I might as well post this piece of writing I did for a creative writing assignment since I think it falls under the subject of Fan Fiction. Either way, I think my fictional depiction of this unpopular hero is pretty cool. Please feel free to comment.
Deathwalker 7000

I feel the spark of life flicker within myself as my various senses come online. Vibration…audio…textile…all functioning within acceptable parameters. Optical is last. The shielding over my optical sensor dilates allowing me to process my location and status. I am underground; this is the soulborg’s subterranean outpost that has been the staging area for our army’s most recent attacks. There is only one reason why I would have been activated now; I am needed to break through the humans’ defensive lines. I was once called a martyr, but that title no longer holds meaning. I am not of flesh any more, and my body has only just been refitted. I am suspended above the floor as the giant assembly arms that are docked to my shoulders download my mission directives.

1. Break through enemy defenses.
2. Eliminate “Titan.”

Now I comprehend, the Titan has been laying waste to our ranks whenever our forces have broken through the initial enemy defenses. His presence cannot be defeated using conventional forces. My activation is required for success. The assembly arms detach from my shoulders letting me drop ten feet to the ground. A cloud of dust rises where my black steel feet strike the dirt. I rise from my kneeling position and begin my walk. Each step brings a metallic thump to my audio sensors. My walk is slow, methodical, and precise; never hesitating, never faltering, my walk is a continuous metallic thumping, not unlike the heart I once had. I reach the shaft leading to the outpost’s exit. Now the heartbeat that was my steps must stop. I stand, waiting patiently for my signal to “initiate mission.” My audio sensors detect the closing statements of the general’s speech. He is calling me his martyr, the instrument that will ensure our army’s victory this day. I was once called a martyr. The general’s speech ends and the subterranean outpost is filled with the echoes of a thousand warriors’ chants. My signal comes. I launch into a full sprint up the exit shaft. Dust trails behind me as the light at the end of the tunnel rushes closer and closer with each stride I make. The light fills my sensors and I crash through a camouflage of foliage into the thick forest brush that surrounds the enemy’s camp on its Southern side. I race north, crashing my slender 8ft tall steel body through branches and plant life like a bullet through paper. My navigational system plots my speed at just under 20 miles and hour.

The edge of the forest draws near, I activate my SD system allowing me to detect any and all objects that move within a large radius around my chassis. I break the tree line. I’ve entered the fields of battle created by our enemy’s army and ours over the last few months. Where once stretched an endless plain of rolling hills and grass now stretched an endless plain of dirt and metal. The land was strewn with the shrapnel of bullets, swords, armor, and even the body parts of my fellow soulborgs. A siren wails in the distance, I’ve been spotted.

My race is met by the countless sounds of beam rifles, short beams of blue light miss my body by inches burning small craters into the ground behind me as I leave a cloud of dirt in my wake. My speed is too great for them. In the distance I can identify two distinct lines of the enemy. The first line is one of humans; they hold large rifles but are waiting to fire. The second line comprises of tall white and blue soulborgs that continue to fire their beams of blue light with dangerous accuracy. As I draw closer to their ranks, my SD system’s ability to detect and automatically dodge their projectiles becomes more and more unreliable. My armor is growing hot from the countless pieces of lightning. Amidst the beams of lightning a tremendous and thunderous chain erupts from the lines and a great plume of gray smoke rises across it, the humans have fired their guns in one great volley. I twist in order to shield the thinner joints of my body as a wall of iron hail crashes against me. My armor is cracked and dented but my SD system has allowed me to avoid actual damage. The humans scramble to reload their weapons but I’ve closed the distance now and my speed does not change, I crash through several of the humans like tinfoil as my large bladed arms cut through their ranks as I run.

Objective 1 completed

The humans and soulborgs turn to fire at me from behind as I pass their primary defensive line. All that remains now is the Titan that has allied himself with our enemy. I must eliminate him or our army has no chance of capturing these fields. I see the enemy camp and its last line of defense, the Titan…the soulborg, Major Q9.

He is twice my size and easily identified due to the two giant pieces of shoulder armor that rise up like towers on each side of his body. The grey steel of his chassis has proved nearly impenetrable to our forces attacks while the guns he wields as his arms have torn through our armies with ease. He will attempt to use them on me but my mission will succeed so long as my SD system can keep me from being hit by one of his weapons.

His left arm fires a bolt of blue fire that narrowly misses me as I leap to the side mid-sprint. His primary canon will be too slow to stop me. His right arm rises and takes aim. I continue my run, only thirty more yards…
The barrels of his right arm spin and a stream of superheated steel launches toward me tearing apart the ground as I approach. No choice…I leap towards my enemy, bladed arms outstretched as he cuts my body in half in mid air with his stream of bullets. I watch as the legs that carried me this far tumble and break against the ground sparking and burning. I feel no pain but my time is short as what’s left of my torso and arms slam into the titan lodging my right arm into his chest plate. His armor is damaged and I’ve closed to the closest possible proximity with my target. I send a signal to an isolated device within my chest cavity.
I was once called a martyr…
BOOM!

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units