Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 18th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I haven't seen any mention here, so I thought I'd bring up Epic card game. It's being produced by the same company that did Star Realms, which, in my opinion, is probably the best $15 I've ever spent on a game. Epic is a 2-4 player head-to-head card game with a fantasy setting, and it seems to have some similarities to Star Realms. For $15 you can get just the game, and for $20 you can get the game, promos, and stretch goals.

Old June 18th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
To each his own, Hahma. Happy Birthday!

Thanks Q.

Yeah, you're totally right. There are lots of different tastes in games and not everything is for everyone. For instance, despite their rating on BGG, I really don't like Space Alert or Galaxy Trucker, though several in my group do like those and even love Galaxy Trucker. Just not my cup of tea.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 18th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I haven't seen any mention here, so I thought I'd bring up Epic card game. It's being produced by the same company that did Star Realms, which, in my opinion, is probably the best $15 I've ever spent on a game. Epic is a 2-4 player head-to-head card game with a fantasy setting, and it seems to have some similarities to Star Realms. For $15 you can get just the game, and for $20 you can get the game, promos, and stretch goals.
Just wanted to let people know who are expecting something similar to Star Realms, it's not really. Epic is based off an unlimited mana variant of Magic: The Gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the link, akden! And the explanation, quozl! I hadn't been tempted by anything on KS in a long time, but I'm all in on this. Big fan of Star Realms, they did that right. Designers I trust, low price point, quality art, theme I like; I'm in.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 19th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes thanks @akden . Just picked up the Brick and Mortar pledge of Epic for the store. Looks pretty good.
Old June 19th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Just wanted to let people know who are expecting something similar to Star Realms, it's not really. Epic is based off an unlimited mana variant of Magic: The Gathering.
Sorry, the similarities I meant are the mechanics that play similar to the "ally abilities" in Star Realms and the presence of four distinct factions. You are absolutely correct in that it plays differently otherwise. It's definitely not a deck builder, and it really does seem to have more in common with Magic than anything else.

@Gurei-Ornery , @Dad_Scaper : No problem. I've been watching the project, and it occurred to me that even though the game seemed right up your various alleys, I hadn't heard you mention it. I'm thinking it's a reasonable price, so if it stinks, you aren't out by too much (unless, like me, you pledged for more than one copy ).
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:02 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Epic looks very tempting. I wasn't that impressed with Star Realms, though. It's nice that it's very fast-paced, but it felt lacking. It's a deck-builder in mechanics, but not robust enough for a full deck-building game, IMO.

Pretty certain I'll be backing
. Great theme and art, and even though it's a dexterity game, the mechanics and strategy look like a lot of fun.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Mare Nostrum Empires Update:

As they've mentioned and in response to several questions here, the following from Uwe Eickert, the producer from Academy Games on the last 4 Stretch Goals to be added in the coming week, posted a couple of hours ago:

"Richard, we will post these in the next two days. These last add-ons are requests from our fans and pledgers. They will include:
Mythological Heroes and Wonders,
6th Player add on, with an almost 50% extension to the map board that includes the entire Iberian Peninsula, Empire Sheets, meeples, etc.
New game scenarios, which include totally new game set-ups."

Since these last two are the things I most wanted to see I'm a happy camper, whatever the final production details of this and that happen to be.

Note that although he says "add-ons," he's taking about things that will be included for free to all backers, not items that will require separate payment like the others already posted.

Chas
Empire Building In Brooklyn

(Edit): The Six Player has just been posted today as the $400,000 stretch goal. It is indeed the Empire of Atlantis, with a full board extension, as per the older edition.

Last edited by chas; June 23rd, 2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:40 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@chas - the 6 player expansion is up, and it's a Stretch Goal at only $400k! I had doubted they would even hit the 390k, but the pledge rate seems to have picked up in the last few days. Now that the 6-player expansion is up and so attainable, I'm in!

EDIT: I also just noticed that you already Ninja-edited me.

EDIT 2: Just as I was trying to decide whether to do one copy or two, somebody must have dropped their Memorial Day pledge, because there was suddenly 1 more available and I grabbed it: $60!

Last edited by Porkins; June 23rd, 2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Over 400k now

Old June 26th, 2015, 08:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The final three Stretch Goals are now posted. My favorite is six scenarios, using some or all of the now 3 board sections (with the 6 Player SG) to create two 3, 4, and 5 player games each! With both the 2 and 6 player versions, this is a lot of value for your pledge, with a bit over a week left in the campaign.
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I think they did a great job with this kickstarter. It seems to be the best run one that I've partaken in. They ran a longer campaign than most and it gave them and the supporters time to come up with great ideas of added value to the game. I love that they listened to the supporters' ideas.

Edit: On another KS note, The Great War should be shipping very soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games