Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Greenspawn Assassin - For sale!

Hey all, Big news! Me and AwesomeUnleashed have teamed up to start creating Customs for Bounty,Here is our first one, the Greenspawn Assassin.

Here's the updated card,

He uses This Mini.

It's for sale!

http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/Bl...k-_p_1720.html

~B96

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; May 24th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Greenscale Assassin - Pre-Auggies Discussion

I don't know. I don't think 140 points justifies the relatively low offensive output of 2 of these lizards. I don't see them doing much better at 210 either. I'd say your going to have either drop the 20D roll for Hardscale Orders, or find another way to bump their attack a notch. They are killers, not rogues.

That being said, I'd change all of the instances of "A Greenscale Assassin" to "This Greenscale Assassin". These guys are uncommon heroes, not commons.

Plus, Small 3 without Climb/Scale is a Repulsor thing, I'd imagine as assassins, these guys would be agile enough to climb.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I don't know. I don't think 140 points justifies the relatively low offensive output of 2 of these lizards. I don't see them doing much better at 210 either. I'd say your going to have either drop the 20D roll for Hardscale Orders, or find another way to bump their attack a notch. They are killers, not rogues.

That being said, I'd change all of the instances of "A Greenscale Assassin" to "This Greenscale Assassin". These guys are uncommon heroes, not commons.

Plus, Small 3 without Climb/Scale is a Repulsor thing, I'd imagine as assassins, these guys would be agile enough to climb.
All right, Fixed all the "A"s, And I made a section for suggestions,Then once I have a few,We can see what our options are.
Thanks for the feedback!

Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The concept is fine, though I have to agree with flameslayer that their offensive output is just too low. Not just for the point cost, but for the order marker cost as well. I'm having a hard time justifying a time when I would put an order marker on a Greenscale Assassin. They are obviously the most effective when the enemy is surrounded by figures, but in that situation I'd rather put my order markers on the unit surrounding them and get lots of attacks rather than one or two. These guys might work well with Deathreavers, but then pretty much any range unit does, and works better. As a filler cleanup unit they do not work well because they need other figures to get much out of Knife Throw.

I'm not sure what I would suggest to change though. As a Unique Hero that could be a low-cost Lizard King he may be effective, thanks to free turns. Making a 70pt hero is a good concept, but that price range will always have the problem of being hard to justify order marker usage.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM

Hmmm.... How about letting him throw 2 knives on the same turn (But still only once a round) and Maybe Change Hardscale's orders to something like this,

Eliminate the Target
After you reveal an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with this Greenscale Assassin, you may choose a figure to be the Target for this turn, If this Greenscale Assassin attacks the Target but does not destroy it, you may immediately take a turn with up to 2 other Greenscale Assassins you control. The Greenscale Assassins must attack the Target if possible.

Old April 4th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a serious beatdown for low/mid life heroes with average defense. You can read that as everything from Raelin and Kaemon to Runa and Taelord.

How many do you expect people to purchase? A few Assassins or a bunch of them? That will likely affect how to adjust the powers...

Of course this is coming from a guy who would play commons at 10x.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
That's a serious beatdown for low/mid life heroes with average defense. You can read that as everything from Raelin and Kaemon to Runa and Taelord.Yes it would,But would it be any worse than a squad of Ninja attacking? or Kozuke? or even Death chasers

How many do you expect people to purchase? A few Assassins or a bunch of them? That will likely affect how to adjust the powers...

Of course this is coming from a guy who would play commons at 10x.
If they were kept at 70, Maybe 3,4 at the MOST. But if they were dropped down to like 50 4 might be more like the sweet spot.

I've never played 10x anything But I shoot for 5x of 3 man squads,and 4x of 4 man squads(there are exceptions though,5x WoB would be overkill and a waste of points)

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
If they were kept at 70, Maybe 3,4 at the MOST. But if they were dropped down to like 50 4 might be more like the sweet spot.
That's the tricky part. I love how you're creating an Uncommon that synergizes with other copies of itself -- that's an untapped design space. But the problem with doing that is that buying multiple copies of a 70pt figure adds up really fast. 50 is probably the sweet spot for this concept; at 70 I wouldn't want to get more than two unless doing so offered a very large benefit.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I could go

Quote:
I've never played 10x anything But I shoot for 5x of 3 man squads,and 4x of 4 man squads(there are exceptions though,5x WoB would be overkill and a waste of points)
I did it for one of my customs, a 2 man squad who cost 40 points each. That was a lot of of vikings.

Quote:
That's a serious beatdown for low/mid life heroes with average defense. You can read that as everything from Raelin and Kaemon to Runa and Taelord.Yes it would,But would it be any worse than a squad of Ninja attacking? or Kozuke? or even Death chasers
The main difference is that all of those units have low defense and a single hit point. At least with the Assassins, they have average defense and 3 hit points.

Altogether, I'm going to say this custom needs a little more brain-storming (and then the testing! Oh Raelin, the testing...) before showing it to Auggie.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I did it for one of my customs, a 2 man squad who cost 40 points each. That was a lot of of vikings.

Quote:
The main difference is that all of those units have low defense and a single hit point. At least with the Assassins, they have average defense and 3 hit points.

Altogether, I'm going to say this custom needs a little more brain-storming (and then the testing! Oh Raelin, the testing...) before showing it to Auggie.
Well of course it does! That's the Point of this thread

Old April 4th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Re: Greenscale Assassin - Pre-Auggies Discussion -New Draft

Added a new draft.^

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Greenscale Assassin - Pre-Auggies Discussion -New Draft

What about this:

Greenscale Assassin
Ullar
Small 3
Lizardfolk
Uncommon Hero
Assassin
Tricky

Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points 50

Knife Throw Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 2.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. Any figure defending against Knife Throw Special Attack subtracts 1 from its defense dice for each figure it is engaged with.

Hardscale's Orders
When revealing a numbered order marker on this Greenscale Assassin's Army Card, you may also reveal an "X" order marker that is on this Greenscale Assassin's Army Card to take a turn with any 2 other Greenscale Assassins you control before taking a turn with this Greenscale Assassin.

Climb X2 - When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Greenscale Assassin may double its Height.

Too much bookkeeping with KTSA being once-per-round, I think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards