Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 11th, 2015, 10:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Battle Reports

Seeing the solid B+ stuff and knowing that Raelin is awesome, I decided to grab some stuff I have fun playing and could kill a ton of heroes I went with the following pool.

Havechs x3 - 270
Mezzodemons x3 - 195
Ashigaru Harquebus x3 - 180
Raelin (RotV) - 80
Augamo - 155
Agent Skahen - 120

Round 1: #8 (Rivals) Jack of Spades
Havechs x3, Raelin, Augamo, Ashigaru Harquebus x1 vs. Damon (Nomad) (Deathreavers x2, Fen Hydra, Major Q9, Quahon)

Seeing Damon had Dragons, Q9, and a Hydra the Havechs and Augamo were a pretty big call and then I filled it out with Raelin and a squad of Harqs as Mezzos would get eaten alive by the special attacks so I might as well go with more attacks. He chose to try and kill Raelin. I chose Quahon. He moved up his rats early on while I brought out the Havechs and Augamo to play beat down and managed to manuever the rats so they weren't a bother. Q9 came out and began Queglixing but the Havechs managed to quickly put 3 wounds on him (including several from one Havech who got to attack 3 times in one turn). Augamo managed to finish him off but the Hydra had come to play. Between the Havechs and Augamo he managed to get beat down to 1 life. Quahon had come up and managed to finish off the stone golem and knock me down to two Havechs one engaged with the Hydra but took four wounds in the process. She actually managed to make it all the way over to the other side and began beating down on Raelin and brought her to two life before being wait then fired to death.

1-0

Round 2. #1 Escalating Encounter (Blacktop)
Havechs x2, Augamo, Mezzodemons x1 vs. Rob (robbdaman) (Phantom Knights x2, Zetacron, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Isamu)

I saw Cyprien, Phantom Knights, and Vulcanmechs. Havechs and Augamo were obvious calls and then I like the squad of Mezzos as I felt I could eliminate Cyprien/Mechs before I reinforced the Mezzos and so they could be annoying endgame material. He led with Mechs and a squad of Phantoms. I opened with Augamo and a squad of Havechs.

The opening rounds involved Mechs moving up and failing to do anything to the big rockbiter who had moved into position. Havechs came up and knocked off a Redundant Systems and then he moved up some Phantoms. I reinforced some Havechs and he reinforced PKs. In the next round I lost a Havech and had some wounds on Augamo but managed to knock off another RS Marker with Augamo charging into the fray and a Havech killed a PK. Next round he reinforced Zeta and I reinforced Mezzos. Augamo managed to SA two Mechs to death and then Havechs killed quite a few PKs and managed to end Zeta with a four skull attack. I think Augamo died this round though. Isamu came in as reinforcements but it was too little too late as the last of the PKs died and Isamu rolled a 2 on his Vanish.

2-0

Round 3. #7 Domination (Trepidation)
Mezzos x3, Havechs x3, Raelin vs. Sydney (Minions x3, Atlaga, Runa)

I saw Minions and Q10 and figured that Mezzos and Havechs backed by Raelin should be able to take one or the other. Fortunately for me, Sydney only brought the Minions to play so I set up in spot with Mezzos backed by Raelin. A Crevcor glyph in the middle meant that she pretty consistently was hitting Mezzos with 3 dice but between the Markers and Raelin I was able to weather the storm. I was helped by her going and grabbing the glyphs which allowed me to gain height and by the time Runa and Atlaga came out to play I was able to switch to Havechs and eliminate the pesky kyrie and the remaining Minions.

3-0

Round 4. #6 Capture the Flag (Husk of Holdfast)
Ashigaru x3, Mezzos x2, Agent Skahen, Raelin vs. Riley (Tul-Bak-Ra, Stingers x3, Havechs x2)

I saw Tor-Kul-Na in the pool and debated Havechs for a long time. The map wasn't exactly great for Stompy but I felt much more comfortable losing cheap figures to Tor-Kul-Na than the expensive Havechs whose damage could probably be healed just as quickly from Torky but mostly I wanted maximum movement on this board and there were several excellent sniping spots for Skahen. However, I lucked out again as Riley opted to go with the TBR teleport crew.

In the first round I flew Raelin out to the middle island and claimed my first flag. He followed with Stingers on the left side (for me) of the map and claimed the flag over there. He also threw several shots at Raelin which resulted in her taking a wound. Ashigaru responded back by grabbing the other hills and killing the Stingers that were attacking Raelin. Round 2 rolled around and I decided to take the other flag near his troops while I had the opportunity and managed to use the Harqs to mow down the Havechs sitting in his start zone. With one Havech remaining, he still managed to take out several Harqs before falling. Tul-Bak-Ra teleported over to where the flags were and I opted not to shoot at him for fear of stingers taking the flag. He ended up grabbing the flag next round but it was all for naught as I had Harqs swarming the area of the last flag and was able to take it with ease.

4-0

Round 5. #9 Take and Hold (Road Rampage)
Havechs x3, Mezzos x1, Raelin, Augamo vs. Lillian (Charos, Greenscales x3, Red Wyrmling x2, White Wyrmling x3, Black Wyrmling x1)

I saw dragons again so Havechs and Augamo came out to play again. Mezzos were chosen for the cleanup crew as I felt they would handle leftover Greenscales better than the Ashigaru although I really didn't like either against the Wyrms. Charos was chosen instead of Nilf which I liked.

Raelin grabbed a position near the bridge and Augamo charged up the hill. He engaged Charos at the edge of Raelin's aura and hit him with his special before switching to melee attacks while Charos bit back at him and Greenscales went off to grab glyphs. Wyrms also moved up at this time. Augamo managed to beat Charos down to 7 life while taking 2 wounds from the big guy. Havechs came up and managed to finish off the big green dragon (I had fortunately been rolling pretty well on my deaths. Really only got them during my first game and the third game where the Mezzos had done most of the work). A White Wyrmling managed to finish off the stone golem. However by this point the damage had been done and while the Wyrms did manage to make life annoying for the Havechs another Raelin movement made things very frustrating and the Havechs managed to eliminate the competition and two were on the spots with Raelin at the conclusion of Round 6.

5-0

Round 6. #5 Storm the Castle (The West Barbican)
Ashigaru x3, Skahen, Raelin, Havechs x1 vs. Kai (obfuscatedhippo) (Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Blastatrons x3, Gladiatrons x3, Phantom Knights x3, Krav, Marro Warriors, {Isamu, Otonashi/Marcu I don't remember})

I didn't want to play this map but it was the only one open that neither of us had played. I won the diceoff which pretty much meant I won the game but Kai was a good sport about it. Skahen got the opening salvo and did nothing but from then on it was wait then fire attacks on whatever was nearby. Ashigaru ended up killing all the Glads, 2 of the Krav, all the PKs, most of the Blasts, and then when they killed Cyprien in the opening salvo of Round 5, Kai conceded having only chill touched a Havech to death. (They were protecting the outer edges of the Ashigaru.) It was pretty brutal.

6-0

Championship #13 Extermination (Ticalla Sunrise)
Ashigaru x3, Mezzos x1, Augamo, Raelin vs. Jon (quozl) (Cathar x3, Zelrig, Raymond)

I saw Cathar and Zelrig and knew I had to get Augamo in. I wanted Raelin and Havechs x3 but it was over the limit by 5 points so I went with the Ashigaru for maximum attack power. I managed to spread out and keep the Z bomb from charging in across from me but he set up a good Cathar screen while Augamo set up ready to strike the dragon if he came too close. That was when the Cathar uncovered Astrid. I knew I had to keep them off of that. The Ashigaru managed to eliminate the guy sitting on the glyph and then Augamo took it with an initiative switch and held it like a champ as the Ashigaru started throwing 4 and 5 dice at the Cathar and managing to wipe quite a few of them out. They were pretty good at taking down the Ashigaru themselves though. I also started attacking Zelrig as I felt the Mezzos could handle any leftover Cathar. Augamo managed to fall to sustained spears but by that point he only had 4 Cathar left. The Ashigaru managed to knock him down to a single Cathar but he had grabbed Astrid again. Zelrig began burninating peasants while they did their best to wait then fire him to death. They finally managed it with 4 remaining. Jon conceded at that point as that was where the majority of his markers were for the round.

7-0

Fun format. I think the Rivals was my favorite game of the day but as always it was good to show up, hang out, and play some Scape. Ended up walking away with a pack of Tundra terrain (which I didn't have) and the box which allows me to have Myrddin (to help the Sudema which I will someday get), Goshiri (to help the Sacred Band I will hopefully someday get), Elaria (to just be annoying in general), and Martial La Hire (to probably collect dust until I feel like bringing him out to play something underused). Look forward to the next one.

~Dysole, who forgot how much he rambles on when he writes these
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:47 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: NORTHWEST: Missions tournament

Thank you for a fun and creative event!!

Overall the Missions were fantastic and I liked how they added a twist to army selection and the battles. I wish I had paid more attention to a few details in the scenarios .. but overall wonderful job at creating a cool event!!!

I had an awesome Zombies versus Gladiatrons battle with William099 that could have gone either way but Heirloom and the undead prevailed!! And since I had packed a Zombies army myself it was nice to see them on the battlefield.

I snapped several pictures (mostly of the Maps) that can be found here.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7EeKmT

Thank you again (to organizers and players) and I am looking forward to the next Heroscape event.

My Army went 4 - 3, and seemed best when grabbing or holding glyphs.
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:16 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A bit after-the-fact, but thanks again, @ROADRAGE , for planning a great event! I LOVED the format and the missions! In fact, it was such a hit, that my son set up a new map on Sunday and wanted to face off against me in a game of "Rivals"!

Nice to see everyone again-- I wish we'd been able to get there sooner so I could have played against more of you!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old January 14th, 2015, 09:57 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy418 View Post
Thanks for hosting Roadrage, all 4 of us enjoyed. A couple of scenarios were really tough, but fun regardless. 3 of your Talisman of Defense glyphs, and your princess- that Lillian successfully saved her last game managed to make it home with me, so I will get them back to you next time. We appreciate all the work for this one.

I was wondering why I couldn't find her at the end, being such an oddly painted figure and all. At least she's in good hands.

Nice write up @Dysole you can blabber on anytime.... I read every word and enjoyed!

Thanks for all those pics @obfuscatedhippo , I must have spent 10 minutes going through those! Sure wish I could've played a couple of more missions after viewing those again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
A bit after-the-fact, but thanks again, @ROADRAGE, for planning a great event! I LOVED the format and the missions! In fact, it was such a hit, that my son set up a new map on Sunday and wanted to face off against me in a game of "Rivals"!

Nice to see everyone again-- I wish we'd been able to get there sooner so I could have played against more of you!

Ya for sure! We played a game of Ambush the next day and still have the map set up in the office.

I look forward to the next time we can have another one of these shindigs.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just feeling nostalgic and want to post what a great event this was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It was an amazing event ... let's start planning the Sequel!!!!

(It is the Battle of All Time ... after all)
Old July 19th, 2015, 07:16 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It was an amazing event ... let's start planning the Sequel!!!!

(It is the Battle of All Time ... after all)

I really liked this to, we could do the missions part 2 for NHSD if there was interest and I could start initial planning. I would also be interested in mission ideas from anyone attending the event that I could add to my list of other ideas for part 2?

I know it's early but good planning just makes an event even better, NHSD would be on October 17th and I'd like feedback from anyone that could attend if this is a good date if we had it at Guardian games?

Thanks for any thoughts!!!
~ROADRAGE

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.

Last edited by ROADRAGE; July 19th, 2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: no castle map missions though.... lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events