Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. It was nowhere near as good as the 1st one, and the only thing that made the movie worth watching was Amy Adams' performance as Amelia Earhart, though her pants were a "little" bit, ehrm, "distracting" Kamunrah was also pretty funny, though a bit over-the-top.

Bravey
It wasn't a good movie by any means, but it was pretty enjoyable. It's a good background movie for when you have a bunch of friends staying overnight and need some background noise, not so much for a serious movie experience. There's a lot better, but there's also a lot worse movies.

Old November 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Bravey, trying real hard NOT to think about tight, distracting pants that good looking, yet much older, females wear...concentraaate....
...Why?

No answer, except that I am not weird/creepy enough to mentally ogle at the, *ahem* posteriors, of women 20 years older than me. Or any women, FYI.

Okay, enough awkwardness...I am done with this conversation

Bravey, awkwardly...

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

The Gamers - Dorkness Rising
Wow, that was a low production value, amateur, niche film at best...but I loved it. If you are a gamer, or even know a gamer, this is the movie for you. With all the gloom going around lately, a good laugh in the world of gaming is appropriate.

And yes, bards are that bad...

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

It's not exactly a movie, but I watched the premier episode of "The Walking Dead", a new series on AMC (it was movie-length). It was only the first episode, but it looks pretty good. There is plenty of zombie action, but the show also stresses characterization. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Last night I watched Public Enemies. Great gangster flick, Depp and Bale are really good in it.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

I re-watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, and I found two scenes that I really liked...
Spoiler Alert!

After a second watch, I give it . I would normally have given it 2 stars, but the two scenes I mentioned, plus some other ones, made me give and 2 extra stars.

Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

God damn it. All these reminders about Metropolis and I still manage to forget. >_>

Christmas present it is.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

My wife and myself got around to watching the first Paranormal Activity last night. She heard good things about the second one, so she wants to see it, but not before watching the first one.

Spoilers!

I was not the least bit impressed. So much build up through the media, co-workers, and my brother; I didn't flinch.

At the points where scenes were taking place during the night, I actually did tense up a bit and braced myself for anything, just in case something big was about to happen. Which was never necessary in the end.

Ooh, the sheet moved! Oh my, a loud noise, I'm really startled! Look out, the demon (got back from the bar and) turned on the hallway light!

My wife, however, was more scared by the film than I was. Not really in a sense where she's screaming, but she would jump at a sound, or she would become excited over an inanimate object moving. She still didn't think the film lived up to it's expectations.

Overall, I can see how some people might like this film, but there is no need for the hype or the need to lose sleep over it. I think Paramount should give me 81 minutes of their time, as payback for the 81 that I have given them.

As an added note, I slept great last night.
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saw Hereafter. I Enjoyed it. Not your typical subject for an Eastwood movie.

Old November 10th, 2010, 01:51 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Watched The Invisible again.

By far not the greatest movie, but I love it, and I always get teary eyed at the end...
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lank281 View Post
My wife and myself got around to watching the first Paranormal Activity last night. She heard good things about the second one, so she wants to see it, but not before watching the first one.

Spoilers!

I was not the least bit impressed. So much build up through the media, co-workers, and my brother; I didn't flinch.

At the points where scenes were taking place during the night, I actually did tense up a bit and braced myself for anything, just in case something big was about to happen. Which was never necessary in the end.

Ooh, the sheet moved! Oh my, a loud noise, I'm really startled! Look out, the demon (got back from the bar and) turned on the hallway light!

My wife, however, was more scared by the film than I was. Not really in a sense where she's screaming, but she would jump at a sound, or she would become excited over an inanimate object moving. She still didn't think the film lived up to it's expectations.

Overall, I can see how some people might like this film, but there is no need for the hype or the need to lose sleep over it. I think Paramount should give me 81 minutes of their time, as payback for the 81 that I have given them.

As an added note, I slept great last night.
Not even the end scared you? I'm not one to be scared by bumps in the night, but the last 3 minutes or so (from when she is dragged away) were pretty scary.

If you didn't like the first one much, you probably won't like the second one. It's more noises in the night, although there are a few exciting scenes.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:00 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched The Crazies last night on Netflix.

Not too bad. Good production values. It was sold to me as a Zombie movie, but its no such thing. It does have Timothy Olyphant, though who is terrific in Justified.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies