Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 25th, 2024, 11:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Well met!

chas, as you may recall, at one time I called her defensive power Captain's Courageous. I still like it, but as you allude to in your comment about Japanese names, not everyone would get the literary reference. As to Kiharu, I hear you. For now, her stats, powers, and playability are all up in the air. And, if her figure is too expensive or hard to get, it's all moot.

After a bit of back and forth with @Dad_Scaper, I am satisfied that Captain Xue is fine as is. Simple and elegant. Speaking of which, I went back and read Scytale's post concerning Kha:

"This design is a great reuse of existing abilities to make something play in a different way."

In that vein, Draegon, whose figure is cheap and easy to get (already purchased), will be the next in line for testing. The figure is from Pathfinder Battles' Ruins of Las Wall set and is called Draugr. In Pathfinder lore:

"Risen corpses of sailors who died at sea, draugr reek of the rot and decay of the briny deep."

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Ruins of Last Wall set. The name of the figure used is Draugr.

Draegon
General: Utgar
Undead, Uncommon Hero, Savage, Terrifying, Large 6
Life 6, Move 5, Range 1, Attack 4, Defense 4

Battleaxe
If this Draegon attacks a small or medium figure, add 2 dice to this Draegon's attack.

Life Drain
Each time this Draegon destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Draegon Army Card. This Draegon cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

Points 140

Made him Uncommon. When making a card, I suggest a similar hit zone as a Zombie Hulk.

P.S.: Plays well with pirates.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 25th, 2024 at 03:28 PM.
Old January 25th, 2024, 01:17 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Uncommon? There are Zombies all over the place these days! Just look out any window...

Are you using Savage to make him different from regular zombies?
Old January 25th, 2024, 01:56 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Uncommon? There are Zombies all over the place these days! Just look out any window...

Are you using Savage to make him different from regular zombies?
From the Durgeth Ravagers' card:

SAVAGE CRY
After revealing an Order Marker on the Durgeth Ravagers' Army Card and taking a turn with the Durgeth Ravagers, if the Durgeth Ravagers destroyed at least one opponent's figure this turn, you may immediately take a turn with one Savage Hero you control.

From the Zombie Hulk's card:

ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN
If an Undead Savage that you control destroys an opponent's large or huge figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie Hulks, and remove all markers other than order markers on that card. Undead are not affected by Zombie Rises Again.

P.S.: Changed Personality to Terrifying, to conform with other Zombie units. Also nice with Ataraxis:

TERROR ENHANCEMENT FIELD
Opponents’ figures within 5 spaces of Ataraxis roll 1 less defense die against terrifying figures.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 25th, 2024 at 03:00 PM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 11:02 AM

Well met!

Undoubtedly, we'll still be testing Captain Xue for SoV, so no AoA. We might be including Renegade 'Scape if it's out in time. I created The Dirty Dozen Freeze! in anticipation of my March Hosting. For the Gang's game on 2/21/24, Thrasher created a scenario using a pod draft. The idea of a pod draft appealed to me so much that I created a scenario combining it with my new format (a set number of figures in an army and victory determined by the number of figures destroyed). Both are set out below.

The Dirty Dozen Freeze!

Map. Mt. Thaelink’s Saddle V.2 by Nomad. Replace Power Glyphs with Brandar’s Chests.

Blizzard Conditions. Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice rules in effect.

Armies. Team game. 600 points/player. Classic, C3V, SoV, allowed; no AoA or Marvel. Each army must have exactly 12 figures.

Victory Conditions. After ten Rounds, the team that destroyed the most figures wins. In case of a tie, the team possessing the most Brandar's Chests wins. If both teams possess the same number of Brandar's Chests, the game is considered drawn.

The Hateful Eight!

The Map. Predator by Dignan. Replace Power Glyphs with Brandar's Chests.

The Armies. Each player will submit three 300 point pods with exactly four figures each. Classic, C3V, SoV, allowed; no AoA or Marvel. The players will snake draft two pods apiece, resulting in each player having a 600 point army with exactly eight figures.

Victory Conditions. After ten Rounds, the team that destroyed the most figures wins. In case of a tie, the team possessing the most Brandar's Chests wins. If both teams possess the same number of Brandar's Chests, the game is considered drawn.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 26th, 2024 at 12:05 PM.
Old January 27th, 2024, 12:07 PM

Well met!

On my Facebook feed, the inspiration for Captain Xue:

Old January 27th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah yes. The Widow Ching.

I have also designed a Heroscape figure based on her. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 27th, 2024, 02:29 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ah yes. The Widow Ching.

I have also designed a Heroscape figure based on her. . .
@Dad+Scaper, What sculpt did you choose, and what powers?

Old January 27th, 2024, 07:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The sculpt was made for me.

The design itself was part of a larger faction. These were its features:

CRIMSON WIDOW
Einar / Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Captain / Bold / Medium 5
Life 5 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 4 / Defense 3 / Points 150

PIRATE COMMANDER
If there is an Order Marker on Crimson Widow, all Pirate figures you control gain one additional attack die when attacking adjacent figures.

MIDNIGHT RAID
Before taking a turn with Crimson Widow, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card to move up to two Pirate figures you control up to 3 spaces each. Any figures moved with Midnight Raid must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Crimson Widow prior to moving.

HIRE CREW
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Squad in your army. For this game the Squad's class is Pirates, regardless of what is listed on the card.

= =
Old January 27th, 2024, 08:06 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The sculpt was made for me.

The design itself was part of a larger faction. These were its features:

CRIMSON WIDOW
Einar / Earth / Human / Unique Hero / Captain / Bold / Medium 5
Life 5 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 4 / Defense 3 / Points 150

PIRATE COMMANDER
If there is an Order Marker on Crimson Widow, all Pirate figures you control gain one additional attack die when attacking adjacent figures.

MIDNIGHT RAID
Before taking a turn with Crimson Widow, you may reveal the 'X' Order Marker on this Army Card to move up to two Pirate figures you control up to 3 spaces each. Any figures moved with Midnight Raid must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Crimson Widow prior to moving.

HIRE CREW
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Squad in your army. For this game the Squad's class is Pirates, regardless of what is listed on the card.
@Dad_Scaper, I didn't realize! Well done! How many more Pirates did you design?

Old January 27th, 2024, 09:44 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

All of them.

I've talked about the process publicly. It was my faction, as were a couple others: the bears, the wizards. I would be a liar to take full credit, because it was a workshop setting. Admiral EJ-1M, in particular, was part of "my" faction but was dok's design.

This one was mine, though, with (again) the caveat that we were in a workshop environment.

edit: I did not post this, of course, to try to big-foot your own design with my own. There are dozens of ways, I'm sure, you could craft an excellent design honoring this worthy subject.

= =
Old January 28th, 2024, 12:28 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I love the Hire Crew power.

Old January 28th, 2024, 12:48 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thank you.

I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a name, because - as you would know, as a writer - words are important. I researched how pirates crewed their ship. Why would a sailor embark on a life of crime? Were they captured, or gangpressed? It turned out the answer was more obvious: pirates hired crews, because they had money. So the name was that simple.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards