Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 5th, 2010, 05:27 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Feral Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
A couple comments on this guy:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.
  • If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Sudema (no Blood Frenzy for you!)
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
I must be missing something, but why no Blood Frenzy for Sudema?

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think he mistook it to be like Krug's Wounded Smash.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
A couple comments on this guy:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.
  • If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Sudema (no Blood Frenzy for you!)
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
I believe Tor-Kul-Na, Sujoha, and Wo-Sa-Ga are favoured over the troll in a 1 on 1 fight.

Also, if you take bonding into account, many heroes would be able to easily defeat the troll. Still, for it's cost, the troll looks like an excellent counter for some fairly popular tournament figures (Cyprien, Nilfheim, Braxas, Sgt. Drake, etc.)
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think he mistook it to be like Krug's Wounded Smash.
Okay, fair enough... But even with it being Wounded Strike, why wouldn't it work?

I certainly hope I am not having a blond moment.

*Disclaimer* I am in way meaning to offend anyone who is in or of (either naturally or artificially) the blond hair category.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

If wounds on the Troll (like Krug) instead of on Sudema (the way it actually works) increased his attack, he'd never have increased attack since Sudema will always try to Stare him to death rather than attacking.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
If wounds on the Troll (like Krug) instead of on Sudema (the way it actually works) increased his attack, he'd never have increased attack since Sudema will always try to Stare him to death rather than attacking.
Okay, I was looking at it from a "can't" use the power, not a "you probably won't be able to" use the power.

Thanks Necro.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I believe Tor-Kul-Na, Sujoha, and Wo-Sa-Ga are favoured over the troll in a 1 on 1 fight.
Of course, all three of those units are significantly more expensive than the troll. Why would the troll stand a chance against 185 and 220 points in a 1 on 1 fight?

Which also means that I don't like dok's chart- I'd probably compare the Troll to only 80-100 point heroes since he seems to be priced according to that.

I do, however, agree with dok's comment on the OM-intensive style. I just wish there was a way to remove wounds from a Feral Troll if you took a turn with another; it's a trivial thing, since a Feral Troll with 7 wounds does as much damage to hero X as the Troll with no wounds, but it'd nonetheless simplify OM placement, since playing with multiples of these would likely be a nightmare.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I like how an unwounded troll has no need to fear a passing swipe. Even two figs will roll on average 1 skull, and the regeneration covers that. This has been frustrating when trying to leash the troll with Tandros, because he just disengages and goes after a juicier target.
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Of course, all three of those units are significantly more expensive than the troll. Why would the troll stand a chance against 185 and 220 points in a 1 on 1 fight?
For the same reason the Troll does stand a chance against figures like Braxas and Nilfheim.
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

The Feral troll is a beast. As long as there are OM’s on him, his Regeneration ability and his high Life prologs the fight against Heroes with only one attack per turn. (Unless that hero has more than 4 attack dice)
Because your Average wounds are going to about 2 per attack, but on its next turn the Troll heals one back. So technically you are doing 1 wound per turn. With 8 Life that is a pretty powerful deterrent.
I actually found that Darrak, with his Sneak attack worked faster, because he was rolling 6 dice a turn.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:31 AM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker

My troll's base has a white serial number printed on the backside of it. Is this a fluke, or some kind of method to help differentiate the uncommon heroes from one another? (I thought that's what the stickers were for...)

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izner View Post
My troll's base has a white serial number printed on the backside of it. Is this a fluke, or some kind of method to help differentiate the uncommon heroes from one another? (I thought that's what the stickers were for...)
I've seen reports of a number of people's trolls having that serial number (and they're all the same). I know at least one of mine has it as well.

As far as I know no one knows why it's there yet.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units