Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:15 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
It seems a bit odd to me for Gandalf's 'normal' attack to be ranged (presumably magic) when I normally think of the 'normal' attack as being with Glamdring & his 'special' attack being with magic. Not a huge issue, but it seems swapped to me.

I'm rather happy with Gandalf the Grey being based around moving lots of small/medium heroes though. That seems quite thematically correct for both The Fellowship of the Ring (before Moria) & The Hobbit.
These are honestly good points about the range, Gandalf likes to mix it up. I assumed that was going to be represented more in his Gandalf the White version, he seemed more... agile and combative there. I don't really question his range much because he showed us that he "can" magic fight against Saruman. It doesn't break anything in my opinion.

The movement stuff is GREAT because it mobilizes the fellowship really well if you want to play heroes. Reminds of what playing the fellowship in the middle earth strategy battle game is like. The fire strike being 4, doesn't bother me but doesn't sell me. I wish that Gandalf the Gray was 150 instead of 180 just because if he is 180 then it makes me feel like we would have to make Gandalf the White even higher in point value.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 07:51 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Gandalf the White should be approaching (or reach) 200 points though. He's the most powerful medium height being on Middle Earth that we're doing a card for (possible exception for Tom Bombadil). I don't have an issue with Gandalf the Grey being anywhere from 150 - 180 though.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 09:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Gandalf does throw some magic around a few different times... The most obvious one being lighting pine cones with magic fire and tormenting the wargs with them. We discussed this quote a bit the first time around

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 3rd, 2020, 12:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I'm fine with Gandalf's range being generic "magic" because we know he is more than capable of performing many magical feats. He just happens to be most skilled with Fire, debate ensues on if that's because of his ring or merely enhanced by it.

I'd pull for Gray to be closer to 150, simply because I dont think the proper "gap" is communicated if we do Gray at 180 and White at 200, I could be totally wrong though. Depends heavily on the card and isnt a huge point of contention.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs