Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 17th, 2018, 07:27 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nebula (Initial Playtest)

Updated the Initials with the last 2 games I'll be running, which had the most recent version tested. 6 games in total, with the tweaks marked above where they started to come into play.
Old February 17th, 2018, 02:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

What about this?
ALIEN CYBERNETICS
At the end of the round, if Nebula has at least one Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 17th, 2018, 02:27 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I’m not against it, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Fixing the other parts of the design made the X friction not such a big deal. Cosmo can use it to protect and he can take a couple of turns that combo well with her anyways. Once he’s gone she’ll take the X.

I’m pretty satisfied with the design after Initials. So unless people have any issues, I’ll be looking to move to Public.
Old February 17th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd honestly be fine with Hell Hath No Fury just being a straight +1 to melee attacks. The one wound trigger seems sort of arbitrary, you know?

I'm less hot on her bonding triggering for every attack without destroying a figure, though, because that feels TOO consistent to me. I feel like she'd be better cheaper, and triggering less, just so she's less of a universal bonding unit. That's my preference at least.
Old February 17th, 2018, 03:49 PM

The problem there is, how often will she feel worth it? I'd rather pay the extra ~30 points and get a more active figure, than save ~30 points and have them maybe make a splash.

In the 4 games I played before the change to triggering on a failed destroyed figure, she had 9 activations. Of the 9 activations, 6 of those she actually managed to do damage. That's compared to 14 activations after the change to triggering on non-destroyed, where 7 of those activations she did damage.

Personally, I had much more fun with her when I got to actually have her in action more.

As for the straight +1 to melee attacks. That feels pretty "meh". She's already a pure beat stick, who's only function is to attack and maybe heal at the end of the round. Pulling out flavor from a beat stick just makes them feel like a stats only character. I'm not against making it simpler, and less requiring X, Y, Z to get A, B, or C effect. However, I feel something should be subbed in its place to make up for it, not just dumbed down.
Old February 17th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
The problem there is, how often will she feel worth it? I'd rather pay the extra ~30 points and get a more active figure, than save ~30 points and have them maybe make a splash.

In the 4 games I played before the change to triggering on a failed destroyed figure, she had 9 activations. Of the 9 activations, 6 of those she actually managed to do damage. That's compared to 14 activations after the change to triggering on non-destroyed, where 7 of those activations she did damage.

Personally, I had much more fun with her when I got to actually have her in action more.

As for the straight +1 to melee attacks. That feels pretty "meh". She's already a pure beat stick, who's only function is to attack and maybe heal at the end of the round. Pulling out flavor from a beat stick just makes them feel like a stats only character. I'm not against making it simpler, and less requiring X, Y, Z to get A, B, or C effect. However, I feel something should be subbed in its place to make up for it, not just dumbed down.
What about something like a Surgical Strike effect, or a blanks count as skulls etc.? She's incredibly skilled, and I imagine if she's pissed she's more likely to go for a kill shot rather than just hit harder.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 17th, 2018, 04:18 PM

Hmmm, that could work. Though, if that were the case I'd rather just go with Surgical Strike, and use that as an opportunity to implement a different effect that I thought would be a nice representation to her fury AND battle tactics. Which would also address somewhat my issue with the X for healing.

I also submit a potential compromise on This is How its Done, where it triggers if at least two wounds or more weren't received, rather than just one, so it's a nice middle ground on how often it triggers.
Quote:
THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control and only taking a turn with that card, if an opponent's figure was attacked and did not receive two or more wounds, you may immediately take a turn with Nebula. During this turn, Nebula can only attack figures that were previously targeted for an attack and did not receive two or more wounds during your player turn. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Nebula inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

HELL HATH NO FURY
When Nebula receives at least one wound, or when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control onto this card. At the end of the round, if Nebula has at least one Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from this Army Card.
Gives a small OM flex to the Guardians, representing her combat tactics/strategist aspect, as well as her fury when she is harmed, or an ally is killed. Though she's selfish and stubborn, so she takes the turns for herself, rather than passing them out. Then if she has an OM on her card at the end of the round, she gets to heal. Plays slightly nicer with Cosmo, not perfect as you'd ideally want the X on her for it still, but it doesn't need to be, as suggested by Spidey. It combos with her own effects of pulling OMs to her as well.

I feel this version will likely come in closer to ~230.

Thoughts?
Old February 17th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Hmmm, that could work. Though, if that were the case I'd rather just go with Surgical Strike, and use that as an opportunity to implement a different effect that I thought would be a nice representation to her fury AND battle tactics. Which would also address somewhat my issue with the X for healing.

I also submit a potential compromise on This is How its Done, where it triggers if at least two wounds or more weren't received, rather than just one, so it's a nice middle ground on how often it triggers.
Quote:
THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control and only taking a turn with that card, if an opponent's figure was attacked and did not receive two or more wounds, you may immediately take a turn with Nebula. During this turn, Nebula can only attack figures that were previously targeted for an attack and did not receive two or more wounds during your player turn. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Nebula inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

HELL HATH NO FURY
When Nebula receives at least one wound, or when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control onto this card. At the end of the round, if Nebula has at least one Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from this Army Card.
Gives a small OM flex to the Guardians, representing her combat tactics/strategist aspect, as well as her fury when she is harmed, or an ally is killed. Though she's selfish and stubborn, so she takes the turns for herself, rather than passing them out. Then if she has an OM on her card at the end of the round, she gets to heal. Plays slightly nicer with Cosmo, not perfect as you'd ideally want the X on her for it still, but it doesn't need to be, as suggested by Spidey. It combos with her own effects of pulling OMs to her as well.

I feel this version will likely come in closer to ~230.

Thoughts?
That feels great to me. I do feel like Surgical Strike is a good pick for her, Hell Hath No Fury is feeling good, and This Is How It's Done is a nice middle-ground that, IMO, feels more thematic than either. I can imagine her seeing an ally hit an enemy, but not deal with them savagely and efficiently enough, and so she steps in.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 18th, 2018, 05:40 AM

If people are good with the changes, we'll move this forward. After the 6 games I did play, I feel I have a pretty good idea where her point value is coming in at.
Old February 18th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I wouldn't mind seeing the latest version get a test or two before moving forward with it (assuming you're talking about moving forward with the Surgical Strike version?). That version of HHNF probably needs a re-name.
Old February 18th, 2018, 01:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I know you are getting burned out on testing her, but those are some pretty big changes so I'd want to see some tests of the new card before moving it out to the public. That being said, I'm not particularly thrilled at the prospect of losing Cybernetic Repair X. While running in a team full of cyborgs might not be a thematic pairing here, it could be a fun C3G team up if only the current cyborgs had some better options. She would have been a good option for that kind of team with her bonding with anyone power. Currently when trying to maximize the cyborg X heal power such that it heals more than one figure the options are not great as it relates to team building, but she could have been paired up with just about any other cyborg for a decent combo. I also like how the X healing for cyborgs and the X healing for mutants is in conflict, technology vs. nature. The 2W requirement for bonding seems like a solid compromise and I do like surgical strike better than the get angry and roll more attack dice power.
Old February 18th, 2018, 03:57 PM

Tough crowd.

I'm fine with running another 2 games with the changes, but I need everyone to be on the same page before doing that, because this feels like a design where most have very specific desires.

I like the most current direction suggested, and if its the lack of Cybernetic Repair X that's bothering you, we could just make it a 4 power card. 2 of the powers are vetted, 2 are new, and all 4 are rather simple and straight forward enough to not be confusing/overwhelming. Her design space certainly isn't bloated.
Spoiler Alert!

Or, just combine the effects I'm looking for with Surgical Strike:

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library