Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 15th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Wha-wha... wh wh wh what?!

http://www.avclub.com/content/hater/...s_youre_stupid

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Re: Wha-wha... wh wh wh what?!

wth? Wow.....

My Signature
Old October 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

Movies should do away with the MPAA like comics did away with the comics code.

It was weak and out dated, and comic books have never been better.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Movies should do away with the MPAA like comics did away with the comics code.

It was weak and out dated, and comic books have never been better.
Well, comic books are also a dying medium, since the failure to attract children during the 80s and 90s has led to market stagnation, though the two bits of data may not be connected.

Just sayin'.
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
For years, the MPAA has prohibited weapons from being pointed at the “viewer” in advertising, presumably for fear that it will freak them out. That’s why you always see guns pointed at angles on movie posters and in film trailers.
ORLY?

Or maybe blasters don't count as guns?

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Comic book sales were at an all time high in the 90-93 era, with books like X-men shiping over a million copies a month. Now we're looking at about a hundred thousand for the largest monthly shipping number.

They did drop the comics code about 7 years ago, and the growth in comics has been AWESOME! I would never call it a dying medium, because the last few years have been great for comics, but it was scary for a while around the end of the 90's.

I have never liked comics as much as I do right now.

On topic, MPAA is lame! Go Star Wars.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Comic book sales were at an all time high in the 90-93 era, with books like X-men shiping over a million copies a month. Now we're looking at about a hundred thousand for the largest monthly shipping number.

They did drop the comics code about 7 years ago, and the growth in comics has been AWESOME! I would never call it a dying medium, because the last few years have been great for comics, but it was scary for a while around the end of the 90's.

I have never liked comics as much as I do right now.

On topic, MPAA is lame! Go Star Wars.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.
The height of comic sale was in the late 40's when single issue 4 sold anywhere from 10 to 40 million each. This included all genre not just supitheroes.
The comics code wasn't dropped by the 2 major players it simply stop existing. In other word it closed up shop. Yes there was an office where all comics with the stamp were shipped to be approved.

Comic sales are not growing they shrinking at at rate of 2% to 4% per year after several years of stagnation. What is growing is the sales of graphic novels or trade paperbacks.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
In 2001, Marvel Comics, the world's largest comics publisher, withdrew from the CCA in favor of its own ratings system. As of 2007, DC Comics and Archie Comics are the only major publishers submitting comics for Code approval; DC only submits comics from their Johnny DC and DC Universe superhero lines, but DC Universe titles are sometimes published without Code approval.
Also, everything I've ever read about the modern comic book industry claims that th late 80's early 90's was the biggest comic books ever were.

Old October 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Quote:
For years, the MPAA has prohibited weapons from being pointed at the “viewer” in advertising, presumably for fear that it will freak them out. That’s why you always see guns pointed at angles on movie posters and in film trailers.
ORLY?

OH CRAP!!!
Luke Skywalker's gonna bust a cap in my A$$!!!
Run Away!!
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

?! I don't think I've ever read so much wyvern droppings in one sitting!!! Dat's just LUDICROUS!!!

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Quote:
ORLY?

OH CRAP!!!
Luke Skywalker's gonna bust a cap in my A$$!!!
Run Away!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyObqEeE9Ac
GAHHHHH!

He got me! *Coughs up blood*

Tell my wife I love herrrrr... *expires*

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

I really don't see the MPAA going away, as it's only been in the last decade that we've had ratings applied to music and video games...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies