Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old August 21st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Utgar's Army of Death

Hi all! This is my first story of heroscape. This is part one, hope you enjoy it.

The orc Unak breathed heavily, his heart throbbing intensely. He was one of the last of the division who had charged recklessly into the snowy mountains. Looking behind him, Unak saw an orc trudging wearily upward; suddenly a huge white gorilla, screaming its war cry, leapt down onto the orc, squashing it into a bloody lump of blue with its stone club. Gasping in terror, Unak raced higher into the mountains, blindly hacking at anything that moved. It had only been two days ago that he and an army of orcs had boasted of how they would take the mountains for Utgar. A voice broke his thoughts. “Unak, stop now,” yelled an orc leader who materialized out of a cave opening. He stopped just short of a crevice. “Come now,” the leader yelled as he walked back into the cave. Unak followed fearfully. As they walked through the caverns the two orcs heard the wailings of their comrades as they fell one by one to the Dzu-Teh; Unak shuddered at the sounds. Suddenly they came to a huge room where a huge pool bubbled up from the stone floor. Unak gasped as he blurted out, “That are one of the magical wellsprings, I knowed it from the legends de other orcs tell me, dey say the wellsprings in da mountains are many times more powerful than de others.” “Ya, it be so,” the other orc said in awe as he stooped down to take a drink. Unak looked on as the orc took cupped his hands into the water and gulped it down with gusto. “How be it?” “It are goo...” The orc cut off his response as he fell to the ground. Screaming uncontrollably, the orc felt his body growing bigger and stronger. His sword clattered to the ground as Unak stood before the hellish beast that stood before him, grinning and chuckling with the power that coursed through his body. It was no longer an orc; he was a monstrous beast almost reaching to the ceiling of the cave. “Boss, wat happened to you?!” The orc looked down at Unak as he hissed, “I don know, but it feel very goooood!” “Now we go teach white monsters outside a lesson, eh?” “Ya, let’s go.”
The Dzu-Teh were waiting outside the mouth of the cave, smiling in satisfaction over the killings of the day. Suddenly they all tensed, hearing noises coming their way. “Get ready,” growled the leader. As they watched the orcs come out, their smiles faded. Time seemed to stop as the leader of the Dzu-Teh watched in horror as a huge hand grabbed one of his fighters and crushed him in his grip. “KILL KILL KILL,” yelled Unak as he hacked one or two of the startled apes away with his trusty sword while the other orc killed any enemies left. In a few minutes there was no resistance left. “Ya we defeat dem all in no time,” Unak shouted happily. The huge orc grunted as he ate a dead enemy, “Come, we must get to Lord Utgar an’ tell him the news of de wellsprings up here. “Let’s go.”
Lord Utgar was reclining in his tent, trying to catch a little sleep. It had been an extremely tough day for him; negotiating with Vydar had been completely useless. Also his orc and minion army were beginning to grumble at the lack of fighting that had been going on. Utgar rubbed his temples while thinking. It was undeniable that he was losing the war. Jandar and his other generals had overcome the dangers of summoning and were gaining reinforcements far faster than he could ever hope to. And now these stupid marro hivelords were getting a little too big for their skin. He just about fell asleep when he heard a commotion outside. “Not again,” he muttered darkly as he flew out of his tent. Utgar was angry, “WHATS GOING ON HERE?!?” He stopped cold at the sight of one of his orcs six feet taller than he was. “H-how d-d-did this happen,” he stuttered as he looked the beast up and down. Unak marched up proudly and stated,” Wen we go into mountains, most of us die by hairy white beasts, except for de boss here and me. We find a pool in da caves and he take drink. It were one of the magical wellsprings!!” “Rubbish, I’ve drunk the wellspring waters many times and that kind of growth in height and strength never happened to me or for that matter any of the other Valkyrie Generals.” Unak persisted. “ But it were one of the magical wellsprings that are many times better than de others, you can see dat yourself!” Utgar eyes lit up suddenly. “Orc, do you think you could show my army the way to that wellspring?”
“I guess so.”
“Good, we leave immediately!”
“But, boss…”
“What?”
“I’m kinda hungry.”
Utgar gritted his teeth, “Insolence!! We need to find that wellspring immediately; stop thinking about your stupid stomach!”
“Yes sir,” Unak grumbled unhappily.
In a couple of hours the horde was marching toward the mountains; Utgar had found his hope of winning the battle.
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utgar's Army of Death

I've run into a writer's block for this story and wondering if anyone here has any idea for how this story should continue. Please let me know.

Last edited by ABOMINATION; August 24th, 2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:21 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

It's not really a wellspring... (Don't know if you were already thinking that...) It comes with certain risks. Utgar tries to get all his soldiers to become... what... 12 feet high? How ever it soon turns out that only the mentally strong endure the transformation without dying. Or something like... Just a suggestion. (Wait a minute, just HOW big does this mean Krug is gonna be?...)
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Why is it always "AN ARMY OF DEATH"...for once I would like to see "An Army of Melancholy Sadness"
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM

Zelrig is surprisingly tart

Or...
The filthy Horde of Utgar's Wild Orc Scum from the Tribial World of Grut Whom love to Ride Dinosaurs

:Huff Huff:

Zelrig is Eldgrim...
in the ROSE CAVE...
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
It's not really a wellspring... (Don't know if you were already thinking that...) It comes with certain risks. Utgar tries to get all his soldiers to become... what... 12 feet high? How ever it soon turns out that only the mentally strong endure the transformation without dying. Or something like... Just a suggestion. (Wait a minute, just HOW big does this mean Krug is gonna be?...)
Thanks for the suggestion, Einar Gen. Maybe I should put some risk into drinking from a wellspring that powerful. Also, the orc was a leader, so he was smarter than your average orc. He grew to about 14 feet.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Glad you liked the ideas. (Still doesn't tell me how big Krug's gonna get... Oh well. Maybe he's just stupid and dies. That, or he's some kind of hidden genius...)
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Here's my second part of the story. Hope you all like it.

“Sarge, where did you put that map of Nastralund,” asked Johnny ‘Shotgun’ Sullivan as he rummaged through the tent of Sergeant Drake Alexander. Drake sighed as he helped his friend find the parchment. It had been a long spring and he was looking forward to mobilize the Northern army to crush Utgar once and for all. “There it is! Well partner, I guess will be able to be putting up some more orc and marro heads over our fireplaces pretty soon, huh,” Johnny chuckled. “You might look forward to it Johnny, but I sure would like a deer head more than an orc; it’s much prettier.” “That may be so, ol’ buddy, but we’re here to get Utgar’s men, not harmless old deer.” Drake looked up to see Zetacron come marching in. He never really did like soulborgs, they seemed to always have a low regard for humans. “Yes Z, what is it?” Zetacron came to attention as he reported, “There is a Dzu-Teh from the Southern mountains who has an urgent message for you, the commander.” The Dzu-Teh came into the tent; he was bleeding from several different places and his face was also scarred and battered. Drake faced grew concerned as the ape related his story. “There were about twenty of us who killed off the orcs that invaded our territory. Two escaped into a cave that we had not yet explored. They were only little orcs, but when they came out, one of them was taller than three of us put together. There is a new evil hear, and it will destroy us all if we do not do something. I have come to ask that the Northern army help us.” Drake closed his eyes in thought. “If the danger is as great as you say, then I’m sure that Jandar would order me to go. We’re with you Dzu-Teh, lead the way. However, I’m a little short on men and I can spare only half my army. I’ll send knights, minutemen, and macdirk warriors to help you.” “Thank you, sergeant; I’m sure that with the reinforcements we will wipe this new danger away.”

Unak pointed to the cave opening with a smirk. “You see Lord Utgar, I did know da way!” Utgar pushed him out of the way as he walked into the sinister blackness. His mind began to foresee grand victories with his new and more powerful army. Finally he came into the cavern with the wellspring in the middle, shining brilliantly despite the darkness. Utgar looked behind him and saw that most of his army was there, waiting. He grinned as he looked to his army and hissed, “Drink.”
Sir Denrick trudged upward with his knights, trying to keep up with the faster macdirk and minutemen. He wasn’t used to this blasted weather of the mountains, and his silver armor felt frigid whenever he touched it. After defeating the Dumetef guards at the bridge that led to the Southern mountains, they had endured the swamps and jungles. Fortunately Aquilla had been in the area with her army and had guided them past the treacherous parts of her land. When Denrick saw the mass of snow, he knew it would be a tough climb. He’d been right. Some of his knights had fallen far behind from exhaustion and he soon would to. Then he remembered his mission. They were to stop Utgar from creating an army so powerful that all of Valhalla would be destroyed by their might. This thought reinvigorated him as he pressed forward. “There is the cave entrance,” growled the Dzu-Teh, who was walking in the snow like it wasn’t there. Sir Denrick motioned his men to draw their swords. From the amount of tracks that went into the cave, he was sure there was a big fight ahead.
Utgar chuckled as he watched his army of orcs and marro stoop down to the waters. Not all of the men had survived the transformation; about two-hundred lay dead in a grotesque mutation. The rest had drunk for fear of their leader’s wrath. As two orcs started to drink, one of them muttered to his friend, “Maybe Utgar be scared to drink cause he tink he not have enough brains!” “Ya, he might be stoopid like da rest of us,” his friend chortled. Suddenly all their talking stopped when Unak whispered, “Boss, someone are coming!” An almighty yell broke from the darkness. “FOR JANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!” yelled Denrick and his knights as they rushed into the cavern. “UTGAR UTGAR KILL KILL KILL!!!” the army of evil shouted in defiance as they drew their weapons. Just as the macdirk warriors and the minutemen arrived, the forces of good and evil clashed. Unak sliced a minuteman through the heart and grinned; the smile faded into a pained expression as he fell to the floor with a bullet in his back, courtesy of a soldier. Sir Denrick sliced his way through the marro drones before he came to three huge orcs. Rage boiled inside him as he saw one take a knight and crush him and his armor like tinfoil. Yelling at the top of his lungs he stood below the orc and shoved his blade into its belly, forcing it to the ground before loping its head off. As for the rest of the battle, the men for Jandar fought heroically, but it was plain to see that they were outmatched in numbers and strength. Even though the minutemen fired constantly into the ranks of their enemies, the bullets did little good against the hulking, savage monsters that crushed them like bugs. Denrick knew that they were fighting a battle that could only end in defeat. His sword dropped to the ground as four huge minions of Utgar grabbed him and flew him over to the epitome of evil, the Lord Utgar. The macdirk warriors had been completely defeated and the minutemen ranks were disintegrating under the attacks of the mutant orcs. The knights had been rounded into a group and had all died fighting. Denrick looked up at Utgar with a loathing that knew now bounds. This demon was the cause of the pain and suffering that had enveloped Valhalla. The skirmish was over; only two minutemen had survived along with their valiant leader. Utgar stroked his chin as he looked down on the knight. “So, that idiot Jandar has sent a bumbling, slow-witted man to try and take out the most powerful Valkyrie there is! You have failed, Denrick, and there is virtually nothing that can stop me!” “When will you ever learn, Utgar, that evil never wins?” Denrick replied boldly. Utgar sneered as he brought his blade down on the man. “Goodbye, fool,” he whispered as the steel blade hit Denrick’s neck. Denrick gasped in pain, and then went limp. “Take those two men down to Jandar’s camp, so they can tell him the good news,” he said to some minions as he pointed to the minutemen.
Drake looked up at Jandar after telling him the bad news. Jandar had a pained look as he muttered, “This can’t go on; we have to stop Utgar before it’s too late to stop him. Even if we let his armies drink from that wellspring for a week, we would undoubtedly lose this war. That’s why I’ve summoned some new help.” Drake looked up in surprise. “Who have you summoned, General?” There was a knock on the door. “General, the new recruits are here,” an Omnicron sniper said. Three figures walked into the room slowly. Jandar grinned as he said, “These are the men who will give us the edge in battle, Sergeant.”
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Working on part 3 soon.
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Pretty good, except... Maybe don't be so quick to kill off a hero next time?... Just a thought.
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Pretty good, except... Maybe don't be so quick to kill off a hero next time?... Just a thought.
Exactly. Killing off a hero like Sir Denrick shouldn't be done lightly. If you make a fictional hero from a squad say, then it would be much more fitting to kill him off. Or have an epic battle between two heroes so that they at least die an epic death. Very nice how you ended the section though. We don't know who the three guys are, but we want to keep reading to find out (whether we like the story or not).
</IMG>

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Glad you liked the ideas. (Still doesn't tell me how big Krug's gonna get... Oh well. Maybe he's just stupid and dies. That, or he's some kind of hidden genius...)
He didn't die, he just went limp.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction