Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 24th, 2010, 02:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Wow, that looked like a pain, thanks Riggler.

-insert signature here-
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

When you update the first post you may want to remove Dignan from all his maps being reviewed.
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:23 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
When you update the first post you may want to remove Dignan from all his maps being reviewed.
I've done that on the update. It takes and admin to actually update the first post of the thread. There are no current BOV judges who have admin privledges. Which is one of the reasons that I've been trying to keep it updated and keep the review list within the last few pages of the thread.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks so much for your work, Riggler. I think we are solidly on track. Thanks for keeping us that way!

(Now we only have about 12 maps to review . Oh well, can't complain that there are so many excellent maps out there. Guess I know what my free time will be used up doing...)
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Thanks so much for your work, Riggler. I think we are solidly on track. Thanks for keeping us that way!

(Now we only have about 12 maps to review . Oh well, can't complain that there are so many excellent maps out there. Guess I know what my free time will be used up doing...)
Don't burn yourself out. I needed a couple of weeks off after getting in several maps in a month there. Hopefully I'll get two tested within the next 10 days. But if I don't I don't. One thing I learned from my first stint is NEVER schedule a HS day to test maps when I don't really want to play HS.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Taken from Panopticon's map thread:
Quote:
We've got Burial Marsh set up right now at our house and it is an amazing map. First off, it looks great (like all of Panopticon's maps) and makes great use of the BftU. I love how the rock bases are used to make more shadow tiles and how the trap ties in with that. There were a few times when friendly figures were affected by the trap, one game it took out a 2 PK's with 5 defense! The defense glyph keeps the middle in play quite well and even with the treasure glyphs gone, those parts of the map still saw play because of the shadow tiles. All in all a fantastic map that I will be keeping up for a couple more weeks at least (I just don't want to take it down!).
I know there have been quite a few nominations recently but after a particularly memorable game involving TKN beefed up with a couple of TGs I felt it was time to nominate

Build Instructions-http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2417

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I have to admit that I'm intrigued. I like the idea of a trap that can have broader (perhaps balancing) impact.

There are a couple of things my OCD might be bothered by and I'm not completely sold at this point, but overall I am interested in reviewing Burial Marsh. This might be a step in an innovative direction.

Yes to review Burial Marsh.
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Burial Marsh

I'm liking the all the SotM nominations lately. Looks like this map could suffer from a double Z-Bomb to start a game and melee troops might have a hard time getting through the muck before being rained on from above.

1) Zelrig is only one unit among hundreds.

2) Need to test the melee theory.

Yes to review.

-insert signature here-
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does the trap rule need to be in the download description, or in the PDF itself (what are the BoV rules)?

Sorry, I should have looked in the bylaws; it just has to be in the PDF.
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Yes to review Burial Marsh.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Burial Marsh

I'm liking the all the SotM nominations lately. Looks like this map could suffer from a double Z-Bomb to start a game and melee troops might have a hard time getting through the muck before being rained on from above.

1) Zelrig is only one unit among hundreds.

2) Need to test the melee theory.

Yes to review.
As far as Big Z is concerned, there was one game where he was able to torch a few of my 10th Reg on the first couple of turns but they made short work of him in round two. Once he went down, the 10th had excellent board control as the only other figures deployed from his start zone were some (now weak) Greenscales. I think I only lost 2 more 10th in the rest of the game (4 were Z-bombed early). I have only seen Zelrig really dominate a game once (those poor Ashigaru), now it seems like everytime he's played, the player controlling him has to give up troop advancement in order to do any damage with him so once he goes down, the rest of his team is fighting an uphill battle the rest of the way.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Speaking as a former BoV judge, and in light of posts the last couple of months...please, remember that we do not review or advocate for maps in this thread, but in the map threads themselves. (Ignore this if I'm just being a cranky old man.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios