Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'll honestly say that I don't mind if we don't get any actual information until the release date, but I would love to see some pictures. That would get me really salivating for HS again, I'll admit it .
I've thought about this. While I would like to see some of the cards for the units, I think it might be exciting if they held one or two back so we can experience a surprise when opening our packages.

I know I could just not look at them, but I don't have that much willpower.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I can understand these ideas. I would like to see the common cards so I can decide how many packs I'm going to buy however.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:34 PM

Haelcent is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I believe that if they are reading this thread, then they will hold off on any information on the dwarves, simply to keep building up anticipation for the new release. I think they will probably release info on the Mohicans first, just because everyone's pretty much agreed that they would most likely end up in Aquilla's army. In other words they are just going to tell us what we already know, and keep the surprises as surprises.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM

Kutless Woo who?

I don't think that...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelcent View Post
I believe that if they are reading this thread, then they will hold off on any information on the dwarves, simply to keep building up anticipation for the new release. I think they will probably release info on the Mohicans first, just because everyone's pretty much agreed that they would most likely end up in Aquilla's army. In other words they are just going to tell us what we already know, and keep the surprises as surprises.
Experience shows that they always give us something to sink our teeth into. If they do show us the Mohicans, even if they fight for Aquilla, we will doubtless have some insights into their camouflage power, so no matter what they tell us first, we should be happy.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
OK! I am officaly ticked off. You know how wizards is not giving us any info, with a release of July. Well guess what. In July, members of the D&D Insider program (Costs Money) get preview for a book coming next MARCH!! NEXT FLIPPIN MARCH!!!
That's the important part. DDI members are paying a monthly fee. WotC has to fill up that online magazine somehow. If HS had something similiar, I'm sure that it would have distant preview also. But, realistically, HS probably doesn't have the following to make such a product financially feasible.

Not to mention that the denial-of-information strategy seems to be working out perfectly for drawing interest in Wave 9. At least on these forums.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I think the point that he is getting at that if they can think that far ahead and have previews for a game they are bound to have something that they could share with us a month before the release.

I've typically tried to avoid complaining about WOTC and the way the game is being handled but things are starting to bug me. It is a mere month away from the next wave and WOTC is more concerned with what is happening next year for D&D. Although, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said before.

Denial of information works but only to a point. Many people will stop being excited about the release and rather frustrated because there is no info being released. I for one am almost in this category.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
I think the point that he is getting at that if they can think that far ahead and have previews for a game they are bound to have something that they could share with us a month before the release.

I've typically tried to avoid complaining about WOTC and the way the game is being handled but things are starting to bug me. It is a mere month away from the next wave and WOTC is more concerned with what is happening next year for D&D. Although, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said before.

Denial of information works but only to a point. Many people will stop being excited about the release and rather frustrated because there is no info being released. I for one am almost in this category.
KCU, I have to disagree with you. I think Wizards is finally starting to get things right with heroscape.

While we can complain all we want about the lack of pre-release information, they've given us a wave 2 reprint, a wave 1 repring, and we're getting wave 9. Not only that with the wave 2 reprint being released in December, and waves 1/9 coming out in June(ish) it appears that that Wizards may be setting up a semi-annual release schedule for heroscape. (I do admit I'm reading into things a bit on that point.)

Most importantly we know Truth is working on "something" for Heroscape for WotC. This means that Wizards is at the very least doing something with herocape, and that they're keeping the important people in the loop. (GB, has also alluded to things happening behind the scenes).

So yes, WotC may appear to care more about DnD. But scape isn't dead, and they've got good people working on it. We still appear to be better off than we were six months ago.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If Truth is working on it, I'm not worried about it.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM

albertic26 Woo who?

I know it sounds impatient but when are we going to be getting images of wave 9?

I want a Wave 4 re-print please.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Archiver, Troubleman23, Archkyrie11, MegaSilver
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM

BOOM! ROASTED! is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

that must be the 100th time someone has asked that

and then there was major Q10
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM

tech boy is surprisingly tart

I think that this entire thread is getting alittle to repetitive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News