Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What's your age?
30 to 35 30 17.96%
25 to 30 22 13.17%
21 to 25 17 10.18%
18 to 21 10 5.99%
Under 18 39 23.35%
35 to 40 26 15.57%
40 and over 23 13.77%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 20th, 2007, 10:26 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
There are two kinds of people:

1) People who play games
2) People who secretly wish they played games.

Old February 20th, 2007, 10:50 PM

ptucker78 has disabled reputation
Not one bit ashamed of playing a game meant for ages 8+. May be close to 30, but still enjoy board games. The wife and I occasionaly bring out the Carcasone to play that, but I can't get her to play any `scape anymore.
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:51 PM

1shot_1kill has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
HeroScape expensive? I have a brother-in-law who spent $2,800 for one steam-locomotive for his model railroad (one of the big garden ones) and a good friend who dropped $3,000 for a new R/C airplane (24' wing span). They think HS is el cheapo. And I know a couple of guys who are Civil War re-enactors who would agree that HS is inexpensive compared to their hobbies.
I hear you Rev, I've been trying to get one of my nephews into it. He is really into Warhammer and last time I saw him he was talking about how he figures he spent at least $6,000 on Warhammer. (at which point my wife looked over at me and told me I would never hear another comment about what I spend on HS... )

Rath Dé ort!
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM

S.Gecko Woo who?
Not ashamed at all

No shame here. 32 in a week, and I'm more than happy to grep toy stores, book stores, hobby shops, etc. for HeroScape stuff.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
45 and shameless...

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
I have an Energy Dome signed by Mark Mothersbaugh and Bob1 from DEVO displayed (and lit) as one of the first things you see coming into my house. My D&D books are on the tv room bookshelf. The Heroscape map is usually up on the dining room table. I figure we don't "dine" unless it's a holiday or something so I might as well use the table.

My embarassment threshold is very high. The best thing about being an older player ( 38 ) is I can actually afford to feed this addicti...can afford to enjoy my hobbies

Speaking of the table, one of these days I'll jump in on the show your set up thread. Until then: My table has a 5' round glass top. Sometime before Christmas I started thinking about making a felt cover for games and such. Luck would have it I found one at Mileskimball.com for way less than I could have made one.

Here's to hoping the spam hunters don't get me http://www.mileskimball.com/mileskim...LEFG&SiteNum=0

frog
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:39 PM

mvblair has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
though I think my wife is ashamed of me...
Ditto here.
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvblair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
though I think my wife is ashamed of me...
Ditto here.
Why would your wife be ashamed of Tiberius in the first place?
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:02 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
You posted “Do you feel "ashamed"?

Of what?

I do feel “old “…. as I can't keep up with all the figures abilities as well as all the younger guys seem to do. They seem to have all the cards memorized but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying the game... I think I hold my own ( so far ) in most of the games I've played.
Ok I may understand the question now, after reading more posts.

Some people feel ashamed of playing a kids game Does not the box or instructions say 8+. The + is us! I have not read anything about a max age. Even the 8 is a guide line... I know for a fact that there are seven years olds out there that are very adept at this game. I see nothing to be ashamed of here.

A few other posts talked about ashamed of the money spent on HS. Well Again I know of now rules on how to spend your money ( as long as you pay your bills ). If someone is ashamed of money spent they are the only ones that really know… I would hope nobody goes into debt due to HS. It is a great game and is addictive but I don’t think it fits in the same category as gambling alcohol and cigarettes.

The only thing to be ashamed of is - If you built an all DW army. That would be sad

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
The only thing to be ashamed of is - If you built an all DW army. That would be sad
Are you saying i have a bad stratagey?

Theophilus.
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
"EDIT"

"Be of good courage..."
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM

DGranger2 has disabled reputation
Well this "poll" really took off. I think it's funny watching people's reaction to my wife and I in the toy departments.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion