Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 20th, 2014, 11:50 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Unless I win the lottery soon, I am *NOT* planning to go to either Gen Con in Indianapolis, IN 8/14 - 8/17, OR the World Boardgaming Championships in Lancaster, PA 8/4 - 8/10, this year. So as of right now there is nothing on my calendar for any Saturday in August (2nd, 9th, 16th, or 23rd ... the 30th is Labor Day weekend and things get crazy here on the coast). Therefore, I am available, but family events have a way of popping up unexpectedly.

What did you have in mind? Saturday I joined the Long Island League to play in the "Revenge of the B [and lower] Units" tournament and I have a couple of ideas for other formats that undo the typical Squad-Scape dilemma. Are you back on-line regularly or are you communications going to be more "Random Weirdness."

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added additional thoughts rather than Double Post.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

HEY!!!! I finally found time to jump on this site. Wow, Ive missed allot. I definitely need to get a game of scape in but Ive just been so busy between work and school. If you guys have a few minutes you should check out what Ive been working on over the past few months. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...06#post1955606

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
HEY!!!! I finally found time to jump on this site. Wow, Ive missed allot. I definitely need to get a game of scape in but Ive just been so busy between work and school. If you guys have a few minutes you should check out what Ive been working on over the past few months. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...06#post1955606
*WOW* . . . Yes, you certainly have. I was wondering where you've been and if you'd ever come back to us. It was a nice suprise to see your post this morning. I'm surprised that you haven't sold off your HS collection to partially fund your KS project, hehehe. I will check it out when I CAN FIND TIME in my busy schedule.

Meanwhile, regarding:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
. . . I definitely need to get a game of scape in . . .
I guess EVERYONE in this area is exceptionally busy (Jersey-Style) this time of year. I had to drive 170 miles all the way to LI, NY this month to get in my HS fix this month. Not much is happening that I know of. I live near Ocean City, NJ if you are ever over this way ("down the shore"), or I could meet you at ATKM in Pitman or ATF in West Berlin, whenever you can get another block of free time large enough to accommodate gaming.

Next month, I will most likely drive down to the Baltimore area if ClanCampbell sets up a tournament, and I could pick you up on the way, since I must pass through MV/VL on 55 to get to I-95 South. But it's an ALL DAY trip ( 3+ hrs. each way plus 5x 1 hour games and dinner). So keep in touch if you're interested in going.

I hope and pray that all is well with you and yours, greetings to Lenny, and Have A Nic eDay ; - )
~<John G.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

LoB, Cat_Scaper and I would be available for something next month.
Old August 10th, 2014, 08:40 PM

ATTENTION NON-GEN CON 2014 ATTENDEES . . .

NOTE: if you are going to be in Indy, IN for Gen Con this week then obviously you would *NOT* be interested in doing any gaming in Philly, PA next Saturday Aug. 16th, 2014 - and that's the only reason that I excluded you.

So for those of us who will be stuck hanging around the East Coast next weekend, wishing that we could be running with the Big Dogs and gaming with the 40,000+ aficionados - here is a more-or-less "LOCAL" event that we can Meet Up at and/or participate in . . .

I just received an eMail from one of the Game Clubs that I am a member of announcing the date of their next monthly gathering (see below for details). It takes place in a church basement and is a very nice location, relatively easy to get to, and attended by a very nice bunch of middle-aged, most of whom are serious War Gaming "grognards," but they are amenable to other games being played since it is a large room with lots of tables.

I will probably go there any way, but I will definitely be there IF any of you guys want to meet me there and plan an event in advance. I am up for playing some casual (non-tournament style) scenarios of HeroScape, Star Wars: X-Wings, or Leviathans, but I am willing to play almost any board game with a map, miniatures, and dice or worker placement strategies; basically anything from Agricola to Zombiecide.

Here is the announcement:
-------------------------------
On Sun, 8/10/14, Cliff Brunken <cabrunken@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Springfield Day of Games Saturday August 16th.
To: "<undisclosed recipients>"
Date: Sunday, August 10, 2014, 8:32 AM

Hello All,
We are returning to Covenant United Methodist Church for our Day of Games. Last time we got a chance to play lots of WWII, Moderns and
Napoleonics.

Hope you can join us for a day of gaming, eating and socializing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

212 W Springfield RD
Springfield, PA 19064-2402
(It's on the corner of Springfield Ave and Saxer Ave less than 2 miles from I-495 "Blue Route")

AGENDA:
No one seems to be organized this time around ... It's Summer Time!, so bring what ever you like to play. Pick-up games may include: Historicals, Zombies, FoG, FoW, WAB, WoW/G, Star Wars: X-Wing, Star Trek: Attack Wing, DBA, Command & Colors, Crusader Rex, Uncharted Seas, and Warmachine.

COST:
Springfield Day of Games $5 for the day (Reduced Rate, but same amount of time) 9 AM until 9 PM.

FOOD:
There are several restaurants within a 2 mile radius.

Thanks,
Day of Games Staff
Cliff Brunken
cabrunken@gmail.com
Tri-State Historical and Education Simulations Inc. (THES)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S. Directions to the Church in Springfield
August 16th is game day at Covenant United Methodist Church. Take the Blue Route to Marple/Springfield exit. Then take Rt#1 towards the City, go under the "underpass" and at the 2nd light make right onto Springfield Ave. Pass the soccer fields on you Right and travel about 3 lights. On the corner of Saxer Ave. and Springfield Road is the Church.

Upcoming NJcon Events
* Barrage September 13th
* Kozcon October 18th
* Fall-In November 7th-9th

Last edited by Johngee; August 10th, 2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm going to be in Bowie, MD this weekend. If anyone is looking to get together for some gaming in MD, I can do it on Saturday.

Old August 14th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm going to be in Bowie, MD this weekend. If anyone is looking to get together for some gaming in MD, I can do it on Saturday.
What time are you available Sat, @Taeblewalker ?
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
What time are you available Sat, @Taeblewalker ?
Pretty much any time.

Old August 25th, 2014, 02:36 PM

If any one reading this thread, is also a Lord of the Rings ( JRR Tolkien's Middle Earth ) fan, and would like to try out (pretty much "play-test") custom HeroScape cards that Sherman Davies is preparing for some of the SaberTooth Inc., LotR - Tradeable Miniatures Game figures that I will be providing (i.e lots of Orces, Uruk-hai, Nazgul, Elves, Rangers, Hobbits, etc.), . . . then plan on joining me, the NYC Gang of 4, and the Long Island League at their next big event. Here's the details as posted by Grishnakh:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post

September 2014 Game Day!!

When: Saturday, September 20th.

Time: 11:00 - Pregame meetup for lunch at Panera Bread (located a 1/2 mile West of the store). Then at 12:00 pm - set up and start playing. We'll set a tentative end time for Heroscape of 6:00.

But 6:00+ For those of us who can stay later we can play a variety of non-Heroscape games afterwards. I'll bring a few along with me. We'll probably do pizza for dinner again this month.

This month our theme will be "The Lord of the Rings!" We'll be playing several games starting with Heroscape and then branching out into all sorts of LotR themed games. More details to come!

Grishnakh

Our normal, monthly club meeting is always the third Saturday of each month at Legendary Realms Games in Plainview, NY (unless there is a conflict with a holiday). If you'd like more information PM me.

I'll be updating this thread with more information as time goes along.
SORRY . . . I can't seem to get a <LINK> to it to work properly. It's here in the Forums, under the Community Section - Subject: "Long Island HeroScape League - September LotR Game Day." The initial announcement is on Page=12 with discussions about the scenarios for the four 4-Player Games following.

Last edited by Johngee; August 30th, 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added link to another HS thread for easy ref.
Old August 25th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I encourage anyone considering running a Maryland event - @akden , @Gurei-Ornery , @clancampbell - to consider Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie. It has a large, nice dedicated game area, and a selection of games larger than any I've seen in the state. Plus it's centrally located for our group.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:57 PM

Whoohooo... I can't wait to check out this gnu venue, butt I still gvish you'd find something closer to NJ, Like Days of Knights in New-Ark Della-Warey.

Last edited by Johngee; September 10th, 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: ; - )
Old September 7th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Does any one in this group ( or any one reading this thread ) still play the Fantasy Flights "Star Wars X-Wing" game?

Since we've played HeroScape and various other games at the Games Keep in West Chester, PA so often, I'm sure that many of you receive their monthly newsletter. Did you pay attention to this announcement that Karl posted...
Quote:
X-Wing/Star Trek Attack Wing Open Play Starting Up: I’ve been convinced to set aside some times for people to come in to have pick-up games of Star Trek Attack Wing and X-Wing so people can put all their cool little ships to use and find more players. We’ll begin hosting open play for both systems every 2nd and 4th Sundays from 2-8 pm beginning September 14th. As we start to establish the group, if there’s interest we’ll begin running some more structured play events but it’ll start off as just a free-for-all right now.
Through the MeetUp-dot-COM / G.O.T.C.H.A. web site, I connected with a group SW X-Wing players that gets together every Monday and Wednesday at the All the Kings Men game store in Pitman, NJ. They are a great bunch of guys and to expand their reach they started a FaceBook page called: "South Jersey/Philly Area X-Wing Miniature Game Allliance." The group has grown tremendously this past year and are now trying to coordinate events between the several game stores in the general area to avoid conflicts and enable players to go where ever it best fits their individual schedule. So I am planning to make it out to GK on either the 14th or 28th to support this new [for them] venue that was recently added to the network - along with ATKM, All Things Fun in West Berlin, Top Deck Games in Westmont, Trotta's Hobbies in Barnegat, Jester's Playhouse in Northfield, Aetherstorm in West Cape May. I'm hoping that I might see some of you there in the future.

Last edited by Johngee; September 8th, 2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events