Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM

JusticeProctor Woo who?
Re: Greenscale Warriors Pre-Release Discussion

Bolo, I'm not sure how telling that battle was when it comes to performance. With 2 20's from Kelda, the word I'd use to best describe the battle was "lucky".

Jesus Saves! ......everyone else takes full damage.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:36 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Anything can happen in 1 game, its hard to get a real good feel unless you play a series of games, and likely against proven armies.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

In that battle, why not have everyone attacking krug once he's engaged? An attack of 5 and three attacks of 3 per marker should drop him quickly. Once krug has taken damage, you have to get him down asap, as the damage he can inflict is too severe.

Two squads of greensclales are actually favored over krug if they have the aura bonus. 3 squads massacres him with on average 5 left.

Last edited by Acinonyx; March 8th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
In that battle, why not have everyone attacking krug once he's engaged? An attack of 5 and three attacks of 3 per marker should drop him quickly. Once krug has taken damage, you have to get him down asap, as the damage he can inflict is too severe.

Two squads of greensclales are actually favored over krug if they have the aura bonus. 3 squads massacres him with on average 5 left.
The problem is that once you hurt Krug and he becomes dangerous, he could just leave the attacking figures and use a massive double attack on the dragon king.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post

The problem is that once you hurt Krug and he becomes dangerous, he could just leave the attacking figures and use a massive double attack on the dragon king.
I would try to physically block him using the Greenscales. Of course, you wouldn't be using Charos in this case, because Charos can't attack from range. It would work with the ranged dragons though.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

I think that using one squad of these is a good idea with zelrig, you can grab a few glyphs early on.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:00 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

I think unlike most common squads the greenscales may actually perform best when only one or two squads are used as the fellow above me stated. Most of the dragons are too fragile and will probably get taken down by a savy opponent as his absolute #1 priority. Once the dragon is gone the greenscales are quite poor units.

I think one of the greatest things about the greenscales is that they bond with some extremely powerful ranged heroes which means that you have a relatively cheap bonded screen that can move and attack each round as your dragon blasts away from the distance. Unlike the rats these guys get to roll attack dice right along side the unit they are screening. Zelrig can sit back at serious distance blasting fire balls over the greenscales heads as they club away at the enemy rangers.

Nilf can spit out 3 ranged attacks of 4 dice already and adding another three attacks from the green scales lets you throw more attack dice at your opponent than anything else I can think of off the top of my head. Its possible to roll 21 attack dice per OM with these guys not even considering height or other bonuses.

The down side, and of course it's a pretty serious one, is that these are very expensive combos. Essentially you are putting all your eggs in one basket. Almost your entire army is going to revolve around a single piece, your dragon. If that dragon goes down early, then you are pretty much done, which is the reason I think two sets are plenty. I think those left over points would be better spent on something like the Krav or Raelin. The krav can go out ahead and deal with troublesome range units or evil pieces like Atlaga and Raelin can make your dragon less of a glass cannon. The new Phantom Knights might actually make nice support units for taking out key threatening pieces also. Rats would be another option if you will likely face large numbers of enemy rangers.

Last edited by Looking East; March 16th, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Some foreshadowing here. They have the power to bond with any unique lizardfolk hero, or a unique dragon. Every dragon thus far has been unique. That's why I find it interesting to point that out. Since there are no lizardfolk heros yet, we are assuming they are going to make at least 1. You think that in the future we will have un/common dragons? Or perhaps they want to leave that option open in case they develop one.
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:22 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking East View Post
I think unlike most common squads the greenscales may actually perform best when only one or two squads are used as the fellow above me stated. Most of the dragons are too fragile and will probably get taken down by a savy opponent as his absolute #1 priority. Once the dragon is gone the greenscales are quite poor units.

I think one of the greatest things about the greenscales is that they bond with some extremely powerful ranged heroes which means that you have a relatively cheap bonded screen that can move and attack each round as your dragon blasts away from the distance. Unlike the rats these guys get to roll attack dice right along side the unit they are screening. Zelrig can sit back at serious distance blasting fire balls over the greenscales heads as they club away at the enemy rangers.

Nilf can spit out 3 ranged attacks of 4 dice already and adding another three attacks from the green scales lets you throw more attack dice at your opponent than anything else I can think of off the top of my head. Its possible to roll 21 attack dice per OM with these guys not even considering height or other bonuses.

The down side, and of course it's a pretty serious one, is that these are very expensive combos. Essentially you are putting all your eggs in one basket. Almost your entire army is going to revolve around a single piece, your dragon. If that dragon goes down early, then you are pretty much done, which is the reason I think two sets are plenty. I think those left over points would be better spent on something like the Krav or Raelin. The krav can go out ahead and deal with troublesome range units or evil pieces like Atlaga and Raelin can make your dragon less of a glass cannon. The new Phantom Knights might actually make nice support units for taking out key threatening pieces also. Rats would be another option if you will likely face large numbers of enemy rangers.
I think in Zelrigs case only one or two squads will suffice, but in my opinion Charos is your best bet to use with the Greenscales. The reason being that they are quite more powerful with the lizard king aura and he's pretty much the only dragon that can stay that close to them and not die quickly. Z would work great with them rushing a start zone along with them to kill as many of your enemies forces as quickly as possible. I have never even thought about how to play Nilf with them, and the more I thought about it Braxas isn't that great with them due to her low defense.
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:38 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Braxas' downside can be remedied by Raelin though, which makes her very tough to bring down. Of course, Charos can be made even tougher with Raelin.

I think the point though is that I really like Raelin with the Greenscales, similar to the Heavy Gruts, because she helps keep the bonding hero alive. I especially like her with Nilfheim or Braxas in a Greenscale army (note - that's about the only time I like her with Nilfheim) to keep the dragon alive longer. The Greenscales already have a good reason to clump close to their king, so Raelin should be able to protect a lot of units. A couple armies I like:

Nilfheim - 185
Raelin - 265
Greenscales x3 - 445
Marro Warriors - 495, 16 hexes

I really like this one - I think its probably the strongest Greenscale army at 500 Points, even though I wish it were Charos.

Charos - 210
Raelin - 290
Greenscales x3 - 470
Marro Warriors - 520

At 500 Points here, I think you need to drop Raelin in favor of more Greenscales, which I don't like as much as the Nilfheim army.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think the Braxas army works pretty well, actually, for a couple reasons. First, Braxas's short range means she gets closer to the action. Secondly, the greenscales really help against the cheap heroes and large/huge figures that otherwise give her trouble.

The Braxas version is more vulnerable to ranged commons than the Nilfheim version, though, which is why I think adding the Krav is a good move. At 570, that's a really, really nasty army.

While adding the Marro Warriors to the Greenroller at 520 is obviously not a bad thing, that army really needs a ratkiller, which is why I want to try the 550 point version with repulsors x2.
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm thinking Othkurik and the Greenscales. I just like that idea for some reason. The big dragons aren't really my thing, they tend either to dominate against the people I play with or attract way too much attention and die. Othkurik has a slightly lower profile. I also like the idea of the Greenscales pinning an enemy down while Othkurik moves onto a nearby shadow or swamp water, then the next turn, he flies out and nails something and the enhanced lizards finish everything else.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units