Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 14th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
No, it's not legit. The space you describe is not part of the map. Overhangs are allowed, but nothing completely inaccessible by regular movement.
But TBR doesn't just have regular movement.

Come to think of it. That is probably why the designers put such long poles on his back....

Last edited by Mr Migraine; June 14th, 2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
No, it's not legit. The space you describe is not part of the map. Overhangs are allowed, but nothing completely inaccessible by regular movement.
Exactly. Though I don't think many maps have a large enough enclave. The situation in the OP still works without the roof on top, too.

Edit: I checked all the BoV maps and none of them have a large enough space for TBR to hide. Now only if he could teleport inside glaciers.

Last edited by arp12; June 14th, 2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 08:08 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm not sure what we're talking about on the BoV maps that have holes. On Ticalla Sunrise, for instance, there is terrain that doesn't have anything underneath it, but you can't stand on nothing. Not only that, you have to find a same level space to teleport from. I guess water is level 0 but you still can't stand on a space without a hex.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

Come to think of it. That is probably why the designers put such long poles on his back....
His movement has nothing to do with it. If a figure can't walk or fly to a space, it's not part of the map.

You can legitimately create a space down a shaft or in the middle of glaciers, etc. where a figure can never be targeted, but that is a general map design issue. This topic on the other hand is just plain silly.
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

His movement has nothing to do with it. If a figure can't walk or fly to a space, it's not part of the map.

You can legitimately create a space down a shaft or in the middle of glaciers, etc. where a figure can never be targeted, but that is a general map design issue. This topic on the other hand is just plain silly.
I honestly disagree. If there is a space within 10 spaces on the same level that he can fit on, whether it be in clear sight, under an overhang, or under a mountain, it's OK.

Not that I'd ever exploit that in a game or design a map with that ability in mind, however. It is not a good idea to include in a map, but possible nonetheless.
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

I would say that if a flying spider couldn't get to a space then he can teleport there.

Maps that have hollow areas to save on hexes are not what the designers had in mind for the teleport power.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

A hollow space is also not a hex so it's a non issue in that case.

-insert signature here-
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I might have to take this into consideratoin on some of my maps. Both Long-Bridge and Zombie Pit have spaces outside of the "playable" area that might now be accessable to Tul-Bak-Ra.

EDIT: I checked my language on Long-Bridge. I must have assumed this day would come and included the following text: The area under the starting-zones is not part of the battlefield and is off-limits.

Zombie Pit is still broken.
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am not entirely sure I understand the question from the OP. If there is an opening allowing acces to the spaces in the hole, then TBR can teleport there. If there is no opening, and the spaces are only accessable by removing hexes from the board, then TBR can't go there. In HeroScape it is clearly defined what you can remove to place a figure. For instance, the Ticala Jungle rules state that you can remove the canopee of a palm tree to place your figure. It stands to reason that, unless the rules say you can, you can't. (We have that tantrum about cards that people throw around here)

So: you can't remove terrain to place TBR, you can't pick up a glacier and put TBR underneath (you didn't think ofthat one, did ya ), you can't pick up wall walk to put TBR in an otherwise unaccesible place, and if the hole you put TBR in is too small to pry him out of after the game, then you have to leave him there until the tournament is over.

However, there is a map on the official site called the Wellspring of Desire. It has a mountain on one site that has open areas on the side of the board. You can't get underneath the mountain with a regular move or flying, but TBR would be able to teleport there without any legal issues (if he fits, I have not tried.) He would be invulnerable and able to attack anyone on the mountain. Pretty much how the OP describes it.

I think we will be heading for a ruling along the lines of "TBR cannot teleport to a space that a normal move canot take you to" or something along those lines (obviously my wording is poorly thought out, because it excludes the spaces only flyers can get to, but you get the drift)

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
... 1) You can't remove terrain to place TBR ...

... 2) You can't get underneath the mountain with a regular move or flying, but TBR would be able to teleport there without any legal issues. He would be invulnerable and able to attack...

3) I think we will be heading for a ruling along the lines of "TBR cannot teleport to a space that a normal move canot take you to" or something along those lines...
1 & 3) Agreed.

2) My Zombie Pit problem exactly.

Zombie Pit - Above View

Zombie Pit - Side View

Without moving any tiles, Tul-Bak-Ra decends into the pit and then escapes through the walls to a safe unaccessable tile.

Last edited by AliasQTip; June 14th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, this is really going to bring Toolbox down in the power rankings... Too bad. If it wasn't for this hiccup, he was set up to be an A+ unit.

Oh well.

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that it should be allowed. It fits thematiclly with his power, and all you have to do is move your figures three spaces away from where he is. If you are losing on points and he goes in there, then that's just cheap, but other than that, I think that it's a legitimate move.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's