Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Dragon Wars Battle Reports

First of all, if someone else started a thread like this, feel free to close mine off or move it, or whatever.

Secondly, if anyone else wants to post in here, thats fine. I would have liked to watch some of the other games.

I had a great time playing in the Dragon Wars tourney. The object was to keep your dragon alive long enough to destroy your opponent's dragon. I thought that was a nice, clear objective. We played four rounds in a Swiss tourney with 450 points.

I thought I would share my experiences. If my opponents want to correct me, I'll appreciate it. I'll start with my army:
Nilfheim 185
Cyprien 150
Guilty 30
Rats x2 80

Round 1

My opponent brought Charos and Stingers. Lots of Stingers. Not sure who my opponenet was; some nice guy from MN. We played on Little Ramparts. The first two rounds were basically the same. He moved Stingers, I moved Rats on 1 and 2, Cyprien on 3. There was some unimportant attrition along the way, dead Rats and Stingers, that sort of thing. We rolled for initiative and moved into another round. Cyprien had picked up a couple of hits moving across the board. I moved him adjacent to Charos in his starting zone who also gave me height advange over a Stinger. The 'Vamp Champ put three hits on Charos with Chilling touch and snacked on a Stinger to remove a hit marker. My opponent beat me up with a boosted attack from three Stingers two of whom had height, Cyprien had five wounds. Cyprien stealthily flew off to deal with those stingers that had the height advantage and took off two more hit markers. Opponent's Stingers missed on all three attacks. Cyprien swooped back in on Charos and put three more hits on the Dragon King with that chilly touch of his (Charos now had 6 wounds). The Stingers hit right back, pushing Cyprien back to 4 wounds. My opponent won initiative on the next round. Charos attacked the Vampire giving him another wound. Cyprien inflicted another wound with chilling touch and attacked another adjacent Stinger, dropping himself back to 4 wounds. The Stingers didn't do any damage to my Vampire, the Vampire put another wound with chilling touch (Charos at 8 now), and the Stingers put another wound on my Vampire. Cyprien didn't do jack that last turn. I won initiative for the next round, put all 3 turns on Cyprien. Cyprien hit the dragon and that was it. Nilfheim never had to worry.

Round 2

I don't know if my opponent for this round visits our site or not, he was some other dude from MN. He brought Mimring, Krug, Ornak and Arrow Gruts. In the first round, I moved rats on 1 and 2 he moved Mimring and Krug with Ornak's trick, then moved his archers. Mimring actually took down one of my rats. I grabbed the two glyphs (don't remember what they were) and survived an attack from Krug on a rat. On the next round Cyprien flew down the middle, let Krug disengage from himself and two rats (no way I'm beefing up that troll, I'll let him attack Nilfheim all day), and ate a pair of archers before swooping in on Mimring and piling on three hits with Chilling Touch and adding finishing the dragon off with two hits. Cyprien got shot at by archers, but was never injured.

(more later)

Last edited by legoboy; August 19th, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart
Re: Dragon Wars Battle Reports

Man, those were some lucky rolls with chilling touch. Sounds like it was a fun game for you. Wish I could have been at Gencon to watch it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports