Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
What this? No love for the Bengals? If they can get a little more offense going they could easily win the AFC North again this year with their secondary playing like they are.

A very poor offensive preformance from the Ravens. 3 dropped balls that were clearly interceptions thrown by Palmer. 2 very lousy calls by the zebras, that assisted the Bengals get 6 points. Coupled with not getting in the end zone all game. Pardon the pun, but the Bengals are paper tigers right now.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Pardon the pun, but the Bengals are paper tigers right now.
Excellent pun, Mr. Campbell.

Flacco looked inaccurate yesterday, which he hasn't been in the past. Hopefully he'll reemerge next week. The Browns might be just what the doctor ordered.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hah! It wasn't a very pretty game for either team, but Palmer didn't look THAT bad, particularly when you line him up next to Flaco who had a BRUTAL day.

Cinci's secondary looked sharp all game, and the dynamic duo keeps getting decent touches at big moments (both had a couple of 3rd down conversions I believe). If PIT's defense slows down and they eat a few losses then Cinci's got no problem taking down the division.

I think this game showed some of the weakness in B-More's game more than anything. If they can't get the run going and the game goes in Flaco's hands then things are grim, Flaco's just not a top tier QB, he's a game manager at best. Their defense is starting to slow down too, while they are still a strong unit they just don't have the sheer stopping power they once did.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Oh man, the Chiefs are in it to win it this year baby!! I'll take that soft home schedule with some grit and luck after years of abuse. Todd Haley, I'm starting to believe. Don't screw it up! (I.e. please start giving more carries to Jamaal Charles, please.)
Old September 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Well... if the Titans weren't bound and determined to gift wrap the football and hand it over to the Steelers they'd be 2-0 right now. What a painful game to watch. The Steelers run back the opening kickoff and then do NOTHING on offense except kick field goals off Titan turnovers. The Titans D held the Steelers to 127 TOTAL yards. Man they must be angry with the offense - half the drives (7 of 14) ended in turnovers. Ugh.

~Aldin, hoping his Niners can have a breakout game against the 'Aints tonight
I'm a huge Steeler fan and I agree that the Steelers got lucky. Titans have a fantastic D Line and with the Steelers' 4th string QB at helm, it's hard to throw the ball. If I'm not mistaken, after Charlie Batch, Randle El is the next QB. Ouch.

The Titans lean heavily on their running game, but against Pittsburgh, it's just not gonna happen. Once that was eliminated, they lost their play actions and couldn't move the ball. That and their sub-par pass defense.

Polamalu sure is fun to watch play, though. He's the first player that I look for on every defensive play. The goal line play yesterday when Polamalu was is mid-air as the ball was being snapped was incredible. If anyone hasn't seen that play, you have to look it up.

Steelers: 2 - 0
Yeah, baby!
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Polamalu sure is fun to watch play, though. He's the first player that I look for on every defensive play. The goal line play yesterday when Polamalu was is mid-air as the ball was being snapped was incredible. If anyone hasn't seen that play, you have to look it up.
I may not be a Steelers fan, but I am a Polamalu fan. That play was insane - absolutely highlight reel worthy. I guess the really frustrating thing as a Titans fan is that it seemed like we were just one big break from having everything synchronize. If that one big run by CJ hadn't been called back for holding, I think it's the spark which would have changed that game into a Titan's victory.

~Aldin, who thinks Jeff shouldn't have pulled Vince

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*sheesh*

It was the Titans game all over again.

~Aldin, coughing it up

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
*sheesh*

It was the Titans game all over again.

~Aldin, coughing it up
The 9ers played a hell of a game. I know how disappointing it is to kick another team's ass up and down the field and still loose the game. In the old days the Saints would have kicked ass and then lost the the game.

That's the best I have seen the 9ers in quite a while. I would love for the Saints/49ers rivalry to heat back up.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If not for a few major miss-cues the 9ers win that game for sure. While not being able to toatly shut down the high-flying NO offense, I think the 9ers D looked sharp and definitely gave the team the opportunity to win the game. That goal line stand at the end of the game was HUGE (and cost me my pro-line ticket...) oh well at least it was a awesome game to watch!

If the 9ers can keep up that level of play they could win their weak division handily.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
If not for a few major miss-cues the 9ers win that game for sure.
That goes both ways. If the Saints hit a couple of those deep passes they missed then the game would have been very different.

However I agree that the 9ers D did play very well.
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM

You just hate to lose games because of turnovers. Both the Steelers and Saints worked hard on defense and deserved some, but the Titans and Niners had 11 between the two of 'em. Cut it to 6 and they both win I think. Painful... but hopeful because it is rare to have turnover problems that bad in more than a game or two each year.

~Aldin, still looking for both teams to make the playoffs this year

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
You just hate to lose games because of turnovers. Both the Steelers and Saints worked hard on defense and deserved some, but the Titans and Niners had 11 between the two of 'em. Cut it to 6 and they both win I think. Painful... but hopeful because it is rare to have turnover problems that bad in more than a game or two each year.

~Aldin, still looking for both teams to make the playoffs this year
Agreed. It is hard to lose that way, but take-awys are the Saints D's specialty. This isn't the first team to have multiple turnover against the Saints.

I was really impressed with the line play on both sides of the ball for the 9ers. That usually wins the game. Turnovers are the trump card though.

I expect both these teams to win their divisions and hope to see a playoff rematch (in NO of course ).

Last edited by Kepler; September 21st, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV