Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I would prefer a set of four or five maps with the number of duplicates needed to accommodate the number of players. I would think in terms of having one lava, one glacier, one swamp, and one road (or a mixture of them, but something like that, with a small number of different, distinctive map types used).
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I, for one, would like to see some of the newer BoV maps represented, namely Road Rampage and Fire Isles.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:45 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
I, for one, would like to see some of the newer BoV maps represented, namely Road Rampage and Fire Isles.
Those two are in our list , and I would like to use them too. So far, except the Tundra map in BoV, I have not liked other nominated Tundra maps. Well, maybe Ice Buffer by GameBear. So, unless there will be an exciting, good looking, balanced Tundra map showing up, I think we have to use the map in BoV for Tundra.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I would prefer a set of four or five maps with the number of duplicates needed to accommodate the number of players. I would think in terms of having one lava, one glacier, one swamp, and one road (or a mixture of them, but something like that, with a small number of different, distinctive map types used).
How about castle? We can use The Broken Skyline .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Yes, I think Broken Skyline, even if the author is present is an excellent map. Fire Isles is a must. Road Rampage (or the ever reliable Marr Highway) are a must too.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not sure why Marr Highway is "ever-reliable." I played it for the first time in Austin, MN a couple weeks back and my experience was less than pleasant.

It seems every game starts with a few "dead" rounds while both players move up their pieces to the frontline. True, the one who can do this faster has an advantage, but when I play Heroscape I want to start fighting in the first round! (Second round is okay, too.) I accept that sometimes there's a lot of maneuvering to be had before two forces actually engage, but on Marr Highway it just doesn't seem meaningful because it's so predictable. I move up my guys and you move up yours. Next OM. Same thing. Next. More of the same.

Then once you get fighting there's not a lot of room for maneuvering. I like the ducking around the ruins, risking a glyph grab, battling it out for the next hill stuff. But lots of maps have that without such a restrictive width.

And if your opponent has the Marro Hive, well, you'd better hope his d20 is in a low-rolling mood or you can pretty much count having to kill the rest of his army twice.

I'd rather play Highways and Dieways. Now that's a map with excitement. Close-quarters combat, height is off the roads, LOS blockers aplenty . . . that's my idea of fun.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:

I'd rather play Highways and Dieways. Now that's a map with excitement. Close-quarters combat, height is off the roads, LOS blockers aplenty . . . that's my idea of fun.
I'm sure Longheroscaper wouldn't mind playing on that map either, huh Long?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure why Marr Highway is "ever-reliable."
I'm sorry, Clarissimus, for your experience with the map. I've played on it in three tournaments and had a great time every time (I lost two out of the three times, but they were good games.). So, I suppose, our experiences simply differ.
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Quote:

Actually, the only tournament game I played on it, I lost . Wait a minute, you were there, too. OK, you just want to remind me about that game, don't you? You are a bad person, rym!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
Quote:

Actually, the only tournament game I played on it, I lost . Wait a minute, you were there, too. OK, you just want to remind me about that game, don't you? You are a bad person, rym!
My nerves at being at my first tournament got the better of me or you would've lost!

(I was in awe of playing the renowned Longheroscaper) <grins>

PM sent to you Longheroscaper.

To Revdyer et al, I apologize for any thread hijacking I may have done for a tournament I'm not even gonna be at.

Old March 29th, 2008, 08:28 AM

No apology necessary, rym. You're among friends here.
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Who Bummed Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
No apology necessary, rym. You're among friends here.
Thanks Rev!.

(As I hijack once again to offer my gratitude... )

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events