Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Melees of Valhalla Disscusion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryphe View Post
I'm going to vote No to induct Capuan Arena.

Reasons:
I found games on this map were to static.
Range rarely, if ever, had to move.
Ruins didn't seem to block enough LoS to save melee.
And the biggest reason for my no is: Dragon Perches.
Small resurrection of the thread here. The thing is that melee/range has a lot less of an effect here. To counter range, place melee next to the pod. There are a lot less LoS blockers needed in these kinds of maps needed, because there is way less running up to ranged pods while they run-and-gun. And if you needed to, you'd be able to place next to a dragon to counter them, or place near them (this is small enough of a map that it isn't a huge problem if a dragon goes unengaged for a couple turns, because on Capuan Arena, anything can catch up with anything.

The reason I haven't voted yet, though (even though now it is rejected from judging) is because the flats worry me. There is a lot of changes in height, but there's too much of a "top" and a "bottom" here. Everyone's above or below, and there's always a strong placement on the best terrain, generally leaving the start zones empty for most or all of the game.

Most maps out there willl have these problems: they will seem too small, even if they aren't, because there are 48 unused hexes in the starting zone. My appeal to the mapmakers out there: more HoB maps, please! (I'm making one myself. If I can figure it out, I'll have it published here very soon).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios