Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 8th, 2022, 09:29 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
In a certain sense, Heroscape has already been revived (not to get all sappy about it, however). After the announcement, a lot of people popped back into the forums and the sales and trades thread has been hopping. People are bringing the game out again, at least for a short time.
I was half thinking about starting a thread saying exactly that. The Scape juices are flowing again for me. I went and overpaid for a couple of D&D minis today to start playing catch-up with C3V/SoV, I set up a map the other day to leave out for when my son comes by next and I’m trying to make room in the schedule to hit a local tourney next month.

If nothing else, the community has definitely had an influx of activity, which is never a bad thing.
I've noticed that I go through obsession phases with things in my life: Before GenCon this year I was obsessed with Summoner Wars, playing 10 games a day against myself to prepare for the GenCon tournament. Then I was obsessed with The Rehearsal for a few weeks (it's a show on HBO Max).

Now I'm obsessed with Heroscape again.

I've played 2 Heroscape games since the announcement that the game was coming back, which is as much as I played all of last year. My board game shelf is now a Heroscape shelf. I've got all my terrain and figures sorted out for maximum efficiency. I bought my nephew's collection for $100 and traded my other nephew some Pokemon cards for his Einar Imperium. I ordered some 3D printed units (Minions of Utgar and Sentinels of Jandar, 2xFyorlag spiders on the way) and painted them. So yeah, I'm definitely in a Heroscape phase right now and I will probably be in it until the campaign ends. Then hopefully next fall I will pick things up again and get to playing Heroscape all over again.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I hear that. Usually my obsessions stay in the gaming/baseball card worlds, but I get hyper focused on them for chunks of time. Here’s to Scape’s turn, again

-insert signature here-
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:52 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I've noticed that I go through obsession phases with things in my life: Before GenCon this year I was obsessed with Summoner Wars, playing 10 games a day against myself to prepare for the GenCon tournament. Then I was obsessed with The Rehearsal for a few weeks (it's a show on HBO Max).

Now I'm obsessed with Heroscape again.

I've played 2 Heroscape games since the announcement that the game was coming back, which is as much as I played all of last year. My board game shelf is now a Heroscape shelf. I've got all my terrain and figures sorted out for maximum efficiency. I bought my nephew's collection for $100 and traded my other nephew some Pokemon cards for his Einar Imperium. I ordered some 3D printed units (Minions of Utgar and Sentinels of Jandar, 2xFyorlag spiders on the way) and painted them. So yeah, I'm definitely in a Heroscape phase right now and I will probably be in it until the campaign ends. Then hopefully next fall I will pick things up again and get to playing Heroscape all over again.
I didn't know that this was a thing. Where does one order 3D printed Heroscape units, if you don't mind me asking?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 8th, 2022, 10:39 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I didn't know that this was a thing. Where does one order 3D printed Heroscape units, if you don't mind me asking?
Usually here, as I understand.
Old October 8th, 2022, 11:09 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Very nice. Thank you!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 9th, 2022, 12:21 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:

Would you happen to know where people can buy official-style cards too? I never got one done for my Samuel Brown.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Since we're looking at the total figure and card count for Age of Annihilation, does anyone have the total card count for Classic and CV Customs? I wonder which category has the most cards, and how the Classic count would change when adding AOA to it.
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:44 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Would you happen to know where people can buy official-style cards too? I never got one done for my Samuel Brown.
Book of Samuel Brown

You can print one out for yourself, which is what the rest of us have done. I don't think anyone's selling cards online.

Trexy3D 3D print outs are high quality from the few I've ordered. I would recommend them, though you have to be ok with painting your own figures. Pretty soon we're going to have to paint everything we get so I say it's good to get some practice in.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:01 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
In a certain sense, Heroscape has already been revived (not to get all sappy about it, however). After the announcement, a lot of people popped back into the forums and the sales and trades thread has been hopping. People are bringing the game out again, at least for a short time.
I was half thinking about starting a thread saying exactly that. The Scape juices are flowing again for me. I went and overpaid for a couple of D&D minis today to start playing catch-up with C3V/SoV, I set up a map the other day to leave out for when my son comes by next and I’m trying to make room in the schedule to hit a local tourney next month.

If nothing else, the community has definitely had an influx of activity, which is never a bad thing.
Scape being "back" has certainly gotten me interested once again. Between looking at rounding out my collection in a few spots and testing out some rules to run a homebrewed Heroscape RPG, things are certainly looking "up" for Scape around my place.

As to 3D printing, anyone have some comparison photos? I'm tempted to grab some (Zelrig!) that are just ridiculous to buy "for real" now.

Last edited by Syvaris; October 9th, 2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old October 9th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 9th, 2022, 11:18 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet! Is that Zelrig a resin or PLA 3d print?
Old October 9th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Clear red resin I believe.
Here is the post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion