Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker
Re: Hex Master hexagon terrain

I bought the Hex Master I set. I've got trouble sourcing cardstock (?) IRL ATM, but I can tell all will be fine from the PDF.

$5 USD is a fair price, for neverending terrain toppers. I'd want to pay less for buildings, etc, that you may only create once or twice.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old August 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM

Fat Dragon Games is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Any updates on this stuff?

Still looking to get the dungeon walls set out. We got a little sidetracked with Gen Con prep.

Tom Tullis
Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon Games View Post
Quote:

Still looking to get the dungeon walls set out. We got a little sidetracked with Gen Con prep.
No problem. We're waiting for it.

Old April 7th, 2015, 12:13 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon Games View Post
Quote:

Sorry for the necro, folks.

Just adding in interest for the long forgotten cavern sets.

Since Heroscape is being semi ressurrected, perhaps some more fantasy line of sight blockers would come in handy.

Arena of the Planeswalkers is very light on terrain, so these may be just what the doctor ordered foor budget minded fans of that game when its released in a couple months.
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:50 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Heroscape is being semi ressurrected
Context, please?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:16 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Heroscape is being semi ressurrected
Context, please?
Magic: the Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers
Old April 10th, 2015, 12:19 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Thanks. I had forgotten about that thing, and how excited everyone got about four tiles.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM

I agree that the tile terrain selection is subpar. But we don't live in 2004 anymore.

There are some benefits to the way this game is marketed. Easier set up and portability being chief amoung them, as well as reduced production costs equating to reduced retail prices for the consumer. A critical thing for a game to be successful in mass market beyong the hobby market.

But there is a stickied article in the maps and scenarios section people either don't know about, or conveniently forget about when lamenting (for the nth time) that the tile selection stinks.

Quote:
Think about it this way: imagine a map that is completely flat, with a single hex at level 2 somewhere in the middle. That single hex would be the most sought-after piece of real estate on the table, and everyone would know it. That hex, and the area around it, would become a killing ground. Now, put a lot of height around the edges of that map. Guess what? That hex is still strategically significant – one hex, surrounded by lower terrain, conveys a great advantage to the figure that claims that hex, regardless of how high elevation may be on other parts of the map. Figures like Raelin can park there and defend at +1 all day. Ranged armies may be able to take height from other parts of the map on that hex, which mitigates the advantage somewhat – but that only serves as another way to skew the map towards range.

Does that mean that single hex elevations should never be used? Not necessarily – placed intentionally, single hexes can be a great strategic draw and a significant goal towards which armies can gravitate.
Plus, this is the Magic the gathering branding we are talking about here. This is WotC's baby, and their main reason for existing and being successful. They put a lot of effort in the design process for their games. Just read some of Mark Rosewater's fabulous game design articles. They are relevant far beyond merely M:tG. They arent going take a risk damaging that brand by associating it with something less than they think it deserves. I cannot emphasize this enough.

This gives me great faith that, even though the minis aren't prepainted and the terrain is very light, the product uses the foundations of two great engines combined. Hasbro and WotC knows there is still some life left in Heroscape, or at least the fundamental engine, they just had to figure out a way to make it successful beyond a lackluster (though laudable) attempt of slapping D&D unconvincingly on top of ot.

Only time and actually playing the game will tell if it will be great. But all portents at this time point to "yes", despite the gnashing of teeth and rending of cloth of those who somehow feel dejected that the old way is no longer profitable enough to continue producing.

But by god, I hope its sucessful enough for them to start producing actual tiles and terrain again down the road. We all want that.
Old June 9th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

never saw this stuff, it looks really cool, how does it hold up on the battlefield?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News