Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old February 29th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "Thrift Find of the Year"

Wow thats terrible. I was looking forward to our next trade!
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:38 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverEngineered View Post
My intent wasn't to hijack this thread, but I appreciate all the condolences

Sorry G.O. Talk to Neil. Maybe he'll hook you up. Regardless, I'm still always up for some Heroscape whenever you want. I may need to borrow some figures from you or Neil.... and I may need to purchase some flowers as a bribe to get me out of the house....
Stories like this make me glad I have an understanding wife!...I'd sooner mothball my whole collection in bins before I ever sold it, and giving it away would be out of the question. You sir are a gentleman!
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

@OverEngineered, Did you at least let Ne-Gok-Sa attempt to Mind Shackle your wife. Sorry for your lose.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
My friend has you all beat. He just picked up a complete collection, except for the Marvel set. It had at least 3x of every common (except singles of some D&D commons). AA, Woo, Skahen, 2x of each terrain expansion... nice collection.

He got it a couple weeks ago for FREE from some pathetic loser who is married to a nagging wife who has no tolerance for her husband's beloved hobby.

True story. I know because that pathetic loser is me

I will always carry an emptiness in my heart. RIP to my beautiful Heroscape
My goodness sir... you couldn't at least sell it for a nice chunk of change to get back some of your investment!?

Best of wishes to you and your marriage.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
My friend has you all beat. He just picked up a complete collection, except for the Marvel set. It had at least 3x of every common (except singles of some D&D commons). AA, Woo, Skahen, 2x of each terrain expansion... nice collection.

He got it a couple weeks ago for FREE from some pathetic loser who is married to a nagging wife who has no tolerance for her husband's beloved hobby.

I will always carry an emptiness in my heart. RIP to my beautiful Heroscape
My goodness sir... you couldn't at least sell it for a nice chunk of change to get back some of your investment!?

Best of wishes to you and your marriage.
Actually, I think he did the right thing in giving it away to this friend. I have met him. He is a good guy and lives close, so hopefully the guilt of depriving him of his plastilove will set in and he could get it back.

Besides, he can still visit his collection regularly. In a few years, he will visit his collection with his son and the inevitable "Dad, why don't we have/get that game?" question will have to be dealt with.

OverEngineered is a great guy and I'm sure his wife is great too (alright maybe just OK ). I wish him and his family well. I will gladly supply the Scape when we play again, hopefully soon.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thats very true... I didn't think about that. By giving it to his friend, he is keeping it in the family. Besides... one day maybe he can get it all back

I would just tell my friend to hold it for a while till things die down :P. Take him out to dinner for his trouble lol.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Well met!

From some old blogs o' mine:

"My wife, Babs, continues to be a Treasure, making sure I take care of myself (to the extent I'll allow ), and that I eat healthily, while continuing to stay in shape (she's a fitness professional) and work like a dog to get another full time job (after being "reorganized" out of her previous one) and expressing anguish over the fact that she is no longer the main breadwinner upon whose income we had relied, and supporting me in all my endeavors, even when she'd rather have me all to herself."

"My wife, Babs, is the sort of woman, well, if I were a man, and I were not around, I should be in love with Babs. Everyone loves Babs. We have a friend who always greets us by hugging and kissing Babs, and then saying, "Oh, it's you", in the manner of a man of style referring to someone he tolerates to be in the presence of so fine a woman."

She does not play, and has no interest in, Heroscape. She tolerates my interest, in spite of feeling that we'd be so much better off in every way if I invested the same amount of time and energy in my and/or our other interests. I forget where the thread of paens to great Heroscape wives is, if there is one, but Babs belongs therein.

P.S.: Here is one!

Last edited by kolakoski; February 29th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old March 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had some friends find A 1st edition NiB RotV for $4 at Goodwill

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reviving the thread:

It's not the find of the year, but today I found a first edition ROTV set at our local Goodwill store. Price - $5. It still has the package insert and came complete with all figures, terrain, cards, red and blue dice, and ... sparkly water .

I need another Master Set like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist. (there's just something about sparkly water )
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am glad it went to someone in dire need.

Between the two of us we should be able to build some Dr. Weirdscaper maps. Although I'm not sure I would be okay with my terrain touching any other terrain.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

Between the two of us we should be able to build some Dr. Weirdscaper maps. Although I'm not sure I would be okay with my terrain touching any other terrain.
We'd definitely be able to tell them apart. I engraved each piece of terrain with my initials. I also did the same thing with my dice and my wound markers. It took some effort, but it was worth it.
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

We'd definitely be able to tell them apart. I engraved each piece of terrain with my initials. I also did the same thing with my dice and my wound markers. It took some effort, but it was worth it.
I feel like that would take me a year to do.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales