Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Is there an app for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
For those you who have the Neuroshima Hex App, an update released today enables online multiplayer matches for the game. If anyone has the game and is interested in playing, let me know and I can send you my email.

Apparently you need to know your opponent's email address to send an invite, instead of the typical Game Center method.
I have that game... I'm rubbish at it, but I have it...
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This isn't an app...yet, but Alien Frontiers for iPad has a Kickstarter project going that is rapidly running out if time (5 days to go as of today) and hasn't yet reached the funding level ($6,327 left to raise). Yes, if the KS doesn't go through the app will still come out, but at a much later date. (I'm already a beta tester for the app, and even in the form it is now, it's pretty cool.) Just throwing this out there...

There is also a way to get new sets of pink and/or gray pieces to add to the physical game for $5/color, either by themselves or in addition to any other pledge level.

Yeah, I want this done sooner than later...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I've never played Alien Frontier. It would have to be a game I learn before making an app purchase.

I've been playing Summoner Wars online with a bunch of scapers. Having a lot with that. It's a great game, but it does have some minor flaws. The game severely needs a confirmation button and a "use special" button. I can't count how many times my turn got screwed up because the game made an assumption.

For instance, sometimes double tapping a card to read the ability will actually activate the ability, which I sometimes don't want. Another case is if you move the gunner for the cloaks first, it automatically assumes you are using the ability. So you have to always remember to move the gunner last, otherwise you screw your entire move phase. At least if there was a confirmation or use special button, I could deny what the game wrongly assumes.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The game severely needs a confirmation button and a "use special" button.
You know that to use the special ability, the character's picture on the right half of the card will be highlighted and you drag that part of the card, and if you just want to attack you drag the other side (the left/text side) of the card, correct?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:01 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
The game severely needs a confirmation button and a "use special" button.
You know that to use the special ability, the character's picture on the right half of the card will be highlighted and you drag that part of the card, and if you just want to attack you drag the other side (the left/text side) of the card, correct?
This is correct, but I've had a few cases in which I wanted to simply read the card's ability. As a result of double-tapping the card to zoom in, it would activate the card's ability. So in wanting to read Grognack's ability, I activated the Wall of Ice Shard without wanting too, wasting an attack. Likewise with Ret-Talus' Raise Dead ability.

In another example, I was in a match in which I was intending to move the Cloaks summoner in line of sight with a Lioneer, a Scrapper to the same Lioneer, and my gunner in line of sight with an archer.

I moved the gunner first and even though it was only two spaces, the game assumed I was using the greater sneak ability, thus ending my movement phase. The error, screwed up my move phase causing me to not move my summoner or scrapper, essentially also screwing up my entire attack phase now that they aren't in line of sight to attack. It also left my summoner completely exposed.

On my opponent's turn, he summoned more lioneers, swarmed my exposed summoner and turned him into ground beef. Of course I don't care about losing as I still have fun playing, but it's a bummer when something like that costs an entire match or can severely change the tide of battle.

So if a "use special" button existed, it would prevent the automatic activation of optional abilities. Alternately, if the game asked for confirmation in use of specials the way it does for movement, one would be able to avoid the unwanted use of abilities.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:09 AM

Heroscape74 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I know double posting is a no-no, but I thought I'd share some cool finds that support online play. I picked up Dominion for free and iStrategia (Stratego) for a mere dollar. If anyone has those games or plans to pick them up, I'd be happy to play some matches...

Also, if anyone has any games they'd recommend for multiplayer (online matches), let me know.
I love istrategia if you wanna shoot me your username!
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie View Post
Quote:
I know double posting is a no-no, but I thought I'd share some cool finds that support online play. I picked up Dominion for free and iStrategia (Stratego) for a mere dollar. If anyone has those games or plans to pick them up, I'd be happy to play some matches...

Also, if anyone has any games they'd recommend for multiplayer (online matches), let me know.
I love istrategia if you wanna shoot me your username!
TheLastAntidote

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games