Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I had no idea we have so many LDSers in these parts.
Yeah, I didn't either until Cav mentioned something (can't recall what it was) and he shared an informal list he'd gathered (at one point it was quite a few, but slowly life gets busy...).

Doesn't surprise me, though, a great game with a strong family-friendly draw and base. Yup. It's a recipe for LDS involvement.
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Around and down here in the south, there is a huge gap between LDS and typical Protestants, and it is mostly because of the Protestants lack of understanding. I am not LDS, but I find myself admiring so much about how the church operates, how strong the family structure is, and how devoted the members are. My family is very devoted to ministry, humanitarian relief, and taking a firm stance on the Gospel and the Bible, so we really relate to the LDS in a big way.
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I lived for 5 years in a small town in Arkansas, so I know exactly what you are talking about...and I completely agree that much of the gap is simply due to misunderstanding about what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (or LDS or Mormons) really believe.

We are basically a conservative values religion in the traditional order of priority: God, Family, Country. Most importantly, we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Saviour.

We also believe that Jesus has restored the order and authority of His church to the Earth, as it was when he originally organized it in AD 30-33ish, which is: that His church be led by Prophets and Apostles who have been called and authorized by Him.

Additionally, we believe that just like the Prophets in the Middle East (ie - Isaiah, Moses, Peter, etc.) were inspired to write what became the Bible, that during that same period of time God also inspired prophets on the American continent to write scripture, which has been translated (by a prophet) and published as The Book of Mormon. Other than these two things (restored authority, Book of Mormon and Bible) we really aren't so different from traditional Protestants.
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Mormons... They're everywhere aren't they...

At least I seem to be surrounded by them when I go to church...
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:58 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If anyone with iTunes is interested, the first episode of Ultimate Spider-Man is up for download for FREE! CHECK IT OUT!

It's nothing amazing, but I enjoyed the two-part premiere. An interesting take on the Spider-Man mythos, if a bit artificial and nowhere near the quality of Spectacular.

(It airs every Sunday at 11:00 AM on Disney XD! Alongside the new season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes! Have you guys been watching that the last episode was AWESOME with Doom and the Fantastic Four and ugh so good.)

EDIT: Actually, if you haven't seen it, Avengers is also FREE ON ITUNES. No excuses!
Caught an episode of Ultimate Spiderman tonight. Not really sure if it is something I would watch again, all the asides and corny humor turned me off.
Just wanted to follow up on this as I just finished watching the first disc (7 episodes) of The Avengers: Volume 1 and it was pretty awesome. Where the Spiderman series was cheesy kid stuff, this series is much more serious comic book stuff and it starts off in the middle of the characters arc rather then at the beginning. So they have already established themselves a bit and taken down lots of villains. Was surprised they didn't get Warmachine into the action in the first episode, especially when they had Bucky doing his thing in the Cap. America episode. Lots of cameos of various villains, which is really cool even though I'm not sure who all of them are. A few other cameos too, like Logan (Wolverine) appearing in Capt. Americas story as part of his howlers and I swear it was the GI Joe pilot Wild Bill flying helicopter for Gen. Ross as part of his Hulkbusters. Looking forward to the next disc and season 2 now as I watched the bonus content and it shows even more cool stuff on it's way. This is something I'm thinking about picking up if I can get it at a good price.
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is definitely solid. It's probably one of the best cartoons Marvel's ever produced: up there with Spectacular Spider-Man and X-Men: Evolution (hell, it's better than Evolution). I'd recommend it.

Also, did anyone else know you can read a bunch of comics for free on Marvel's Google Chrome app? Like, 50+. I just read a four-issue Thor/Power Pack crossover... how cool is that?
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:08 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I finished off the second disc just to find out that Netflix does not carry the 3rd or 4th disc of season 1 yet. I don't know why they do that, releasing each disc separately for a season. I'm sure it's a money grab but it annoys me. Anyway after just watching the first two discs I'm already sold on the series, found a place I could buy all of season 1 for a real good price so I ordered it.
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, I finished off the second disc just to find out that Netflix does not carry the 3rd or 4th disc of season 1 yet. I don't know why they do that, releasing each disc separately for a season. I'm sure it's a money grab but it annoys me. Anyway after just watching the first two discs I'm already sold on the series, found a place I could buy all of season 1 for a real good price so I ordered it.
The Avengers cartoon used to be streaming on Netflix. That's how I watched it, a lot handier. Love the show, and wish I could watch the new season!
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM
C3G Landlord

Card Count:

Talking with a buddy of mine and he was asking me how many figures/cards I now have for super hero scape. I told him it was over 100 cards easy and it got me wondering what the exact number was. So I took inventory. Here is where I am at now, counting only 1 card for common heros & squads, but counting each uncommon hero card I have separately & including the 8 cards that came with the official set:

Marvel - 85 cards
DC - 60 cards
Total - 145 different figure cards

Plus I have plans for another 20+ cards in the next few months, maybe more depending on what exactly gets released in the next couple sets. The addiction lives on!!
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
The Avengers cartoon used to be streaming on Netflix. That's how I watched it, a lot handier. Love the show, and wish I could watch the new season!

Yeah I watched the extras on the disc about season 2 and it had me drooling. Lots of cool stuff hinted at.
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
You can watch it for free on 1channel.ch
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

On the subject of Marvel cartoons, I really liked Wolverine and the X-Men. My siblings watched it recently and I caught most of it. I thought it did a good job with the characters and some interesting twists on the comic story lines. And I read somewhere that it's in the same continuity as the Avengers one. It was still available on Netflix streaming a few weeks ago, if anyone's interested.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape