Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 24th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: SoA's Custom Ideas. Criticism Warmly Welcomed.

Thanks! Playtesting can commence!

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to awesomeunleashed again.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; November 24th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:51 AM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Alright, I've played a game with unit DR. My first impression, just from this one game mind you, is that he's overpriced. Of course, I need to play at least 2 more games before making a decision to alter the stats, but I can pretty much tell that I have to either bump down the points, or bump up the stats.
Old November 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Alright, I've played a game with unit DR. My first impression, just from this one game mind you, is that he's overpriced. Of course, I need to play at least 2 more games before making a decision to alter the stats, but I can pretty much tell that I have to either bump down the points, or bump up the stats.
That was what I thought, looking at the stats. If you decide he is overpriced, I suggest making him better stat-wise. I'll post a new card if you decide to make any changes.

EDIT: Being a sniper, he might not need it, but almost all Small 3 figures have Climb 2X or Scale. You should probably give him one of those.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; November 25th, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
That was what I thought, looking at the stats. If you decide he is overpriced, I suggest making him better stat-wise. I'll post a new card if you decide to make any changes.
I also thought bumping the stats up would be better than downing the points. I like the idea of him costing 90 points because it allows him to fit well with some of the Dwarf Army totals. Migol costs 110, Axegrinders x3 costs 210, so 90 seemed a good one to shoot for. I'll start playing with altered stats today, and I'll let you know via PM if I decide to make a change.
Old November 25th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Right, while I'm playtesting the first unit, I'm putting another idea up for feedback and correction. The original inspiration came from a fellow 'Scaper, Ninja Status, who requested I help him with this and post it in my thread for critique. I tweaked the powers and refined the original concept, but it still needs work.

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 25th, 2011, 04:12 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Right, while I'm playtesting the first unit, I'm putting another idea up for feedback and correction. The original inspiration came from a fellow 'Scaper, Ninja Status, who requested I help him with this and post it in my thread for critique. I tweaked the powers and refined the original concept, but it still needs work.

Spoiler Alert!
How about this for Dark Blade Special Attack:

Choose a small or medium figure to attack. If you inflict at least one wound with Dark Blade Special Attack, you may choose up to 2 other figures adjacent to the defending figure and attack the chosen figures with Dark Blade Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures being attacked in the second attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. You may not attack more than 3 figures in one turn with Dark Blade Special Attack. When attacking with Dark Blade Special Attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

150 is probably pretty close. I could see Will of Chaos being very powerful if you played a big game with tons of Death Knights. If you need me to make a card after you finalize the text, I can.

Old November 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Thanks so much for helping me out on the wording. That seems pretty official. All that really needs to be determined now are the points. I'll post the revised wording in the OP, and once I confirm the points, I'll give you the green light on the card. I'm thinking it might be closer if we change all figures being attacked in the second attack, to all figures targeted by the second attack. Thoughts?
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking it might be closer if we change all figures being attacked in the second attack, to all figures targeted by the second attack. Thoughts?
Definitely. I knew there was some way to improve that.

Old November 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM

After playtesting DR some more against different army types, I can definitely say that the defense is going up to 4, but the attack stays at 2. With that in mind, I'm going to test him with Basic Stats of -
Life- 4
Move- 6
Range- 7
Attack- 2
Defense- 4
Points- 90
The increase in move helps make up for the less-than-stellar attack, and hopefully, it will allow him to get into position faster, allowing him to use Shot Mastery more often.
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
After playtesting DR some more against different army types, I can definitely say that the defense is going up to 4, but the attack stays at 2. With that in mind, I'm going to test him with Basic Stats of -
Life- 4
Move- 6
Range- 7
Attack- 2
Defense- 4
Points- 90
The increase in move helps make up for the less-than-stellar attack, and hopefully, it will allow him to get into position faster, allowing him to use Shot Mastery more often.
When you're done playtesting, I'll change the card. I'm going to put any cards I make for you in my first post of the thread so that they'll all be in one place.

By the way, did you see my suggestion a few posts back to give DR Climb 2X or Scale?

Old November 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM

Ah! Now I do. Do you think those three powers can fit on the card? Then again, the Mohican River Tribe card uses the tiniest font I've seen, save on loan application forms, so if the font needs to be reduced, seems legit.
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Ah! Now I do. Do you think those three powers can fit on the card? Then again, the Mohican River Tribe card uses the tiniest font I've seen, save on loan application forms, so if the font needs to be reduced, seems legit.
Oh, they totally fit on the card. I made DR's card with my larger font size, I usually have the text smaller than that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards