Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old November 8th, 2019, 02:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pod 0 (Main Thread)

I would much prefer to do the AotP version of the Glyph of Healing (I think that I've said as much elsewhere, though I was mostly alone on that front), albeit with the caveat of making it once per round or some other limit. Kelda's fun, but it exists already and I don't really care to make it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I do actually like the effect, but I don’t want to make a game busting glyph either. A personal goal is for this stuff to be usable in competitive play, because that’s where I feel it will get the most traction. And the OG devs weren’t without their own busted units too.

Edit: Of course, the other leads feel we should try designing for it, I’ll be happy to make waves there too.
I'd say that it's more likely to be used in competitive play if it isn't a copy of Kelda. It's certainly prone to making some less fun strategies stronger, but put it on the lowground in the center of a map and it might just work. I'm willing to try it out, at least.

If we're doing anything other than Kelda again, I think that making a thread for the Glyph is necessary. Heck, maybe we should do threads for each of the glyphs anyway for the consistency of the project, though the ones that don't have any design work can wait to avoid cluttering this subsection.
Old November 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Pod 0 (Main Thread)

Having a thread for each glyph (including the ones we aren't designing) is a fine idea for completeness' sake. The Q9/Nilfheim problem is one reason I suggested:

[Temporary] When one of your figures stops here, remove one Wound Marker from the Army Card of each wounded Hero you control. This glyph cannot be placed symbol-side up in any scenario you may create.

Pretty limited in scope, so very hard if not impossible to abuse. Healing just one from the figure there at the end of the round could work as well. Anyway, I've come around to thinking we really ought to do something non-Kelda with it.

Additionally, since it came up again elsewhere, are we designing a terrain effect for the sand tiles? I really liked:

SAND DUNES
At the end of each round [or when a figure ends its movement here], roll the d20 for each figure on a Sand Dune. If you roll 1-10, that figure must move to an adjacent same level or lower space if possible.

Funny thought I just had: this would be a hilarious way to mess with castle defenders, by topping everything with Sand Dunes.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs