Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old February 11th, 2022, 07:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Index of C3G Maps & Scenarios

It's currently the Map Dept. members but I suggest we vote in a group that has the most experience playing competitive games to do that.

Nominations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 11th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It's currently the Map Dept. members but I suggest we vote in a group that has the most experience playing competitive games to do that.

Nominations?
We could look at Japes rankings and see who has the most games played and see who is interested? Maybe a committee of 5? Or 2 from the map team and 3 from outside?
Old February 12th, 2022, 01:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would be interested. And I think Arkham would be a great candidate if he's willing. quozl as well, given his high ranking competitively.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2022, 03:07 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah I don't think this has to be some super official thing. No need to create some new group. Just a general consensus on which tab we put these maps...because that's all I care about.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 12th, 2022, 04:04 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I haven't played on every map here, but these are the ones I'd at least look at switching to Casual or another category. I think if any of these were in a competitive map pool, I'd have to draft a bit differently as some armies would not be as effective as others. Looking back through the online tournaments, I believe none of these were used except for Grundy's Grave.

Grundy's Grave - Height right next to the start zone makes camping an easy and good strategy. Not sure if that's enough to disqualify it, but I just don't like this map.

Ravaged Road - Height is completely inaccessible to double-spaced figures.

HYDRA Base Gehenna, Moon Base Alpha, Platforms 5 and 6, Sauron's Eyrie - All are pretty punishing towards melee non-fliers and very rewarding for ranged fliers. Some are worse than others - but any of the ones with 2 tiers of castles I can't imagine are balanced against non-fliers.

Rocket Launching Platform, Tri-ways War Zone - Both designed for 3 players. Probably just need a separate category? Shouldn't have these in the same pool as 2-player competitive maps. I dig that these exist and would love to see more.

Muspelheim Melee - Designed for 4 players, but it says it works fine as a 2-player map. I don't think I've played this one (it looks fine), but my suggestion would be clarifying which start zones are used for 2 players if this is an acceptable map for 2 players.

I would also suggest including Wargrounds of Scape in the OP as acceptable testing maps, as that group is basically the new BoV.
Old February 12th, 2022, 10:41 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Grundy's is salvageable if played with an actual glyph that has the power to draw people out. Just not 100% sure what glyph that is and doing a random one seems like a bad idea for that.

Agreed on the others.

Alkali Lake is another that really favors ranged fliers. As do Crash Landing, Swamp Lab, and X Marks the Spot. Mountain Spring does to a lesser extent.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2022, 11:03 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We have a menu section for WoS maps already and I have built and added Highways and Dieways to TTS so I agree on the Wos inclusion.

Swamp Lab without Glyphs I agree with you Bats. It really needs the Glyph to keep things from must just becoming a snipers nest.

Good stuff guys keep it coming

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 12th, 2022, 11:15 AM

That may be the case for a few of them, that they just need the right officially designated glyph to make them balanced.

Old February 12th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do want an ERB for the map dept. It would help laying down the guidelines for existing maps and for new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2022, 01:02 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lazarus Pit might make some sense for Grundy's, are there any thematic things from any Slaughter Swamp stories? Maybe a shovel idk. I like that map so I'd consider LDing a glyph for it, if I could come up with a fun design.

Also would the floated idea of "1 space of movement lets you move up 2 ladder rungs" rule, fix any of these maps against fliers?
Old February 12th, 2022, 01:04 PM

Possibly? They'd certainly help ground pounders somewhat. We'd need to test it to know for sure.

Whatever glyph was on Grundy's would have to be worth leaving cover to go after.

Old February 12th, 2022, 01:19 PM

Glyph of Team Up, Glyph of Super Speed, and Glyph of Gift of Atlantis are the three DC glyphs that seem like they might be able to do something on Grundy's.

I wonder if we need to bite the bullet and do like +attack/defense style glyphs at some point to help some of these maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios