Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Heroscape Soccer - Post Game Show - pg8

<EMIROON> Welcome folks to Einar Coliseum. I’m Emiroon here with our color commentator, Agent Carr. Just four weeks after Utgar’s stunning defeat at the hands of Jandar in baseball,

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19162

he has challenged Einar to a soccer match.

<CARR> That’s right, Rooney. Utgar just can’t seem to get enough of these sports from Earth. Even with the war seeming to go his way, he seems determined to beat the other generals in just about everything imaginable. He’s looking to get back on the winning track today.

<EMIROON> While the teams are lined up for introductions, we can tell you that the neutral officials for today’s match are from Jandar; Zetacron will be the center referee, assisted by the Omnicron Snipers.

<CARR> It’s good that we’ll have a fourth official today. I’m pretty sure that behavior on the sidelines won’t be very neighborly.

<EMIROON> It’s probably a safe bet that behavior on the field won’t be much better. Let’s hope that Zetacron can keep control of this match. Speaking of on the field, the big story in this match is the goalkeepers, wouldn’t you say?

<CARR> Absolutely, Rooney! Utgar brings out the big heavy, Tor-Kul-Na, affectionately known as “Stompy.” Any Einar squad figures are going to be hard-pressed to get any shots in close against him, although he is somewhat susceptible to the long ball.

<CARR> A completely different approach on the other side of the field--Einar has put Gurei-Oni in the net. Utgar’s shooters are going to have to fire from point blank range to have any chance of getting by his Evil Eye Defense.

<EMIROON> Utgar starts off the match with Tor-Kul-Na in goal, three Marrden Nagrubs on the back line for snacks, I mean, support, three Marro Drudge in the midfield, with Me-Burq-Sa and three Marro Stingers attacking up front.

<EMIROON> Einar has Gurei-Oni in goal, the Tagawa Samurai on the back line, the Kozuke Samarai in the midfield, with Zelrig and the Tagawa Samurai Archers up front. Both teams playing a 4-3-3 to start off the match.

<CARR> Well, in this game, the advantage does go to the attackers. Although, with the samurais, I would expect Einar to pack it in defensively and wait for their opportunities to score on the counterstrike.

<EMIROON> One further item to note. Both teams have agreed that Zelrig may not fly or use his wings to play the ball.

<CARR> That may be a critical tactical error by Einar. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt them.

<EMIROON> Well it looks like Utgar has won initiative—I mean the toss, and his team is already complaining because they do not get the ball first. Zetacron is explaining to Me-Burq-Sa that he has to select a goal to defend. Strange game where you win this toss, but cannot attack first, no?

<CARR> That’s just the way soccer is played at the international level on Earth. I’ll bet what happened is Utgar saw “HS rules” in one of his visions and thought they were meant for Valhalla. On Earth, HS often stands for high school, where when you win the toss, you can choose either the side to defend or to attack first. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is unclear about other laws of the game as well. We’ll just have to wait and see.

<EMIROON> We’ll be back at half-time with all the highlights. Enjoy the first half.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; July 22nd, 2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Game Over
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Heroscape Soccer

AWESOME~~~ +rep sent
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Very creative +rep
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:18 PM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Awesome, I assume there's no actually playing rules (if there is would you care to share) and you just make up a creative story line. Anyway +Rep.

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

That's awesome! I need to re-create the battlefield..... + rep for coolness.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniandmee7 View Post
Awesome, I assume there's no actually playing rules (if there is would you care to share) and you just make up a creative story line. Anyway +Rep.
We haven't formalized any rules yet. We have been kicking around some ideas:

using the figures' regular move to dribble the ball and using a d20 to determine the number of hexes the ball can travel for a pass;

rolling regular attack and defense dice for "challenges" for the ball, when figures become engaged with the figure controlling the ball;

rolling regular attack and defense dice for shots on goal, but adding +5 to everyone's range, so that range 1 figures can shoot from any hex in the penalty area (the larger hextangle by the goal) -- and DeadEye Dan can shoot from 15 hexes (approx 45 yards out);

Just some ideas--but we welcome any suggestions.

Old July 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
We haven't formalized any rules yet. We have been kicking around some ideas: (no pun intended)
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

You could use the castle to build a press box. That's all I can think of now. Awesome job. Way better than the heroscape dodgeball games I used to do. Please don't ask.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
That's awesome! I need to re-create the battlefield..... + rep for coolness.

~Z~
Right now it's 21 X 45 hexes. From a scale perspective, 1 hex = 3 yards.

If we were to make it again, we'd probably reduce the number of rows on each half of the field by two (4 total) and increase the number of columns by 2 to make it 23 X 41 (69 yd X 123 yd).

The soccer ball is from Lego Soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
We haven't formalized any rules yet. We have been kicking around some ideas: (no pun intended)
All puns are intended, including those in the commentary.

Last edited by SirGalahad; July 15th, 2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: avoid double post
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
All puns are intended, including those in the commentary.[/quote]

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet! +Rep!
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So cool.... Awesome job. Rep when I can.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion