Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 28th, 2006, 05:37 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
CornPuff's House Rules and House Courtesies

When you play in the House of CornPuff, you gotta play by the rules.

Facing of double based figures doesn't matter. They can be flipped during their turn, without using move points, such as to fit into a tight spot. Q9 is an exception to this rule.

Q9 may attack to his sides and in front of him, but never in any hex behind him. Q9's facing does matter, and he must spend 1 'move point' to change facing.

Mimring's line of fire works exactly like it looks like in the manual.

No figure blocks its own LOS.

Each army card is unique, and will be treated as such. No game may have more than 1 of each type of Unique Army Card.

Commons are treated roughly the same. No 2 players may control the same common card. If one player drafts Venoc Vipers, all other players loose their 'right' to draft Venocs. However, the player that drafted the first squad may keep drafting more squads of Venocs.

You can touch your figures or even your opponent's figures whenever. Especially to resolve LOS questions.

The winner of any debate is usally the person that is losing :P.

Drafting is the way to make an army.

In the house of CornPuff, you are afforded several luxuries:

The map is ready to play, for instant action anytime.

Cards are sorted by General. If you don't know the allegiance of insert character here, ask CornPuff, he knows.

For drafting aids, you can use GaryLASQ's totally awesome website or some cool printouts from the Desk of Donovan Raidor

If you get eliminated early, make yourself at home. You can always be a Guitar Hero.

Snacks are provided.
Drinks (hard and soft) are in the mini fridge.

As a side note, new players rock. For games with new players, I have premade armies for them to choose from.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM

Mr. Underhill has disabled reputation
What time next Friday then?

Mr. Underhill
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:49 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Ah, if only I lived down under...
Of course, if you were visiting the states, it would be rude of me not to accept

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:57 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
No vegemite allowed though brother That stuff is a bit harsh. Anyways the only rule I have that you don't CornPuff is that all of my common figs beyond the first set are modded. when my son and I play we play each common squad as its own squad, you can have more than one of each but if you lose half your squad it gives you a choice, do I drive on or bring up a new squad. I play the other way as well but I do enjoy this way a bit more, seems a little more true to life and forces a different sort of strategy.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Remind me not to come to your house to play :P

The way you do your common drafting doesn't seem right to me but to each his own, I spose.

No touching my figures! NO TOUCHY!!!
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM

Mr. Underhill has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
No touching my figures! NO TOUCHY!!!
I have to concur here. Only the player who's turn it is can touch the figures, and only their own which they are moving on the order at that.

Well, that's the way I've been instructing my kiddies to play.

Ciao!

Mr. Underhill
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:10 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: CornPuff's House Rules and House Courtesies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Facing of double based figures doesn't matter. They can be flipped during their turn, without using move points, such as to fit into a tight spot. Q9 is an exception to this rule.

Q9 may attack to his sides and in front of him, but never in any hex behind him. Q9's facing does matter, and he must spend 1 'move point' to change facing.

No figure blocks its own LOS.
Why the mistreatment for Q9? You play facing of of double hex figures does not matter except for Q9. And you also play that no figure can block its own LOS, yet you clearly adhere to the rules as written for Q9? Do you believe the figure is way under costed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Mimring's line of fire works exactly like it looks like in the manual.
Do you mean according to the rules as written (one line of 8 spaces) or are you saying that Mimring can potentially attack 48 units at one time (6 rows of 8 hexes)? If that is the case then you wouldbe a fool not to draft Mimring as your first unit every single time. I am not even a big Mimring fan, but if I could potentially attack 48 units at one time...

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions