Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Elaria the Pale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Its a little unthematic,
Actually, I find it MORE thematic. I'm pretty sure that's the way it works-it's what the card says.

Old June 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Right. Engagement has nothing to do with Slippery. If you end your move adjacent to her she gets to roll, even if you started adjacent to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Another Slippery 6 question:

Since Slippery 6 triggers when a qualifying opponent "ends its movement adjacent to Elaria", whould she also get to slip away if an adjacent figure chose to move zero spaces prior to attacking?

Technically it would seem that the opponent had a movement phase, but "ended its movement" without actually going anywhere.

Does the answer change if the opponent figure reorients itself without moving from the adjacent hex? What if it's a double-based figure like Q9 and uses the movement phase to "flip" its own orientation?

(Nit-picky, I know, but I'd rather have the discussion before it comes up mid-game.)

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, moving zero and free-flipping also trigger Slippery.

You've just got to ask: Is this figure taking a turn and has it ended its movement? If yes, check if it's adjacent to Elaria. If it is, she gets to roll for Slippery.

P.S. Remember that Slippery only works against squad figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

You've just got to ask: Is this figure taking a turn and has it ended its movement? If yes, check if it's adjacent to Elaria. If it is, she gets to roll for Slippery.

What about the 4th Mass? Wait Then Fire requires "if none of the 4th Massachusetts Line move this turn" and if they didn't move, then Slippery 6 isn't triggered, right? But by that ruling, the 4th Mass could never use Wait Then Fire because they are moving zero spaces.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
Quote:

What about the 4th Mass? Wait Then Fire requires "if none of the 4th Massachusetts Line move this turn" and if they didn't move, then Slippery 6 isn't triggered, right? But by that ruling, the 4th Mass could never use Wait Then Fire because they are moving zero spaces.
Well then none of them moved, so Elaria cannot Slip away.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
Quote:

I think the Movement described in the 4th Mass. power means physical movement, as in spaces, while Slippery is talking about the Movement Phase of any and every turn.
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

It has been clarified (to my knowledge) that Wait then Fire should read like "at least one space." 4th still trigger Slippery.

I'm extremely disappointed that the knife behind Elaria's right ear is a hit zone. Perhaps an errata can be made? I thought your art team knew what they were doing, but now...

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 1st, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait, now I'm confused. What constitutes moving a figure 0? You don't have to declare which figures you're attacking with until the attack phase if you don't move the full number of squad figures. So when would moving 0 come up? Would that mean every member of the squad moves 0 when you don't move the full number of squad members? Seems unintuitive.

As in, if I have a Minion engaged with Elaria at the beginning of my turn, and I move 2 others up but not the engaged one, would that move it 0? What if I had a 4th Minion engaged elsewhere and I decided to attack with that one instead?

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but recent discourse has got me a little confused. I've never heard of the moving 0 mechanic before.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
As in, if I have a Minion engaged with Elaria at the beginning of my turn, and I move 2 others up but not the engaged one, would that move it 0? What if I had a 4th Minion engaged elsewhere and I decided to attack with that one instead?
In this case, you would have to say which one you "moved" before you do any attacking. I think...

Well, actually... I don't know... Now it seems like Slippery is going against the rule that you can decide which figure you moved during the attack phase...

Old July 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
In this case, you would have to say which one you "moved" before you do any attacking. I think...

Well, actually... I don't know... Now it seems like Slippery is going against the rule that you can decide which figure you moved during the attack phase...
No, you don't have to declare a theoretical "move" before attacking. I learned this from dok a while back concerning fighting against Goblin Cutters and attacking with whoever still had a GC next to them. This makes the moving 0 point kind of moot.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM

teasedbyeldgrim is surprisingly tart

Move 0 is a time keeping mechanic used for figures that have a power that activates, "after moving, but before attacking". The idea is that a figure can still use the power even if he or she didn't move that turn. For example Kurrok does not have to actually move in order to summon an elemental. Similarly Heirloom can use Mage Hand after his move phase even if he remained on the same hex.
A move of 0 should not trigger Slippery 6.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs