Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
General Star Wars question/observation

We were watchin 4,5,6 this month and someone asked a real good question.

"Put yourself in Luke's shoes. His master just died and he finds out he has a sister. They were separated.

Luke's train of thought has to be 'So let me get this straight, you and Yoda DECIDED that she would be raised a princess, while I would be an uneducated moisture farmer on a desert planet?'

He spent the first half of an entire movie telling us how miserable he was on Tatoine, but upon hearing this he doesn't slip into a rage and storm off. He could easily, and justifiably told Obi Wan to pound sand and not helped him at all.

He is very calm and forgiving about this...much more than I would be...

Am I thinking too much about this?

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: General Star Wars question/observation

Luke is very grounded, so he does not go off the handle. Which makes him a good Jedi.

Yes, you are thinking too much

If that would have been Anakin, then yes he would have said "pound sand"...oh wait Anakin did do something like that

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
We were watchin 4,5,6 this month and someone asked a real good question.

"Put yourself in Luke's shoes. His master just died and he finds out he has a sister. They were separated.

Luke's train of thought has to be 'So let me get this straight, you and Yoda DECIDED that she would be raised a princess, while I would be an uneducated moisture farmer on a desert planet?'

He spent the firs half of an entire movie telling us how miserable he was on Tatoine, but upon hearing this he doesn't slip into a rage and storm off. He could easily, and justifiably told Obi Wan to pound sand and not helped him at all.

He is very calm and forgiving about this...much more than I would be...

Am I thinking too much about this?
One word: Lightsaber. Would you ditch the crazy old wizard if you had a chance at a lightsaber? Get him a new toy, show him a few Force tricks and he'll be hooked. Then later on, you do an "Oh, by the way. You know that girl you kissed? Yeah, been meaning to tell you, uh, that's your sister. Probably shouldn't do that anymore. OK?"

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Then later on, you do an "Oh, by the way. You know that girl you kissed? Yeah, been meaning to tell you, uh, that's your sister. Probably shouldn't do that anymore. OK?"
That made my day. It makes is sound like OWK could have jigled keys in front of Luke and it would have been OK.

-Ryougabot

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He could have been thinking, "I was placed with some actual blood relatives who loved me unconditionally, while Leia was surrounded by a bunch of shallow royalty suck-ups who never really cared for her at all."

or

"They could tell early on that I was the twin with a real strong connection to the force, so they hid me on an out of the way back water planet and placed Obi-Wan close by to watch over and protect me, then later be in a position to become my mentor. Meanwhile they tried to hide Leia in plain sight and bounced, leaving her no guardian or mentor so they really didn't care if she was discovered and killed or captured. Thus I am the more important twin here, Leia being raised as a princess was just a consolation prize. Jedi can't have any possessions anyway and Jedi trumps Princess."
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Those are all god thoughts on that issue, now I want to share another, very complimentary, observation of the original SW movie.

It was actually a very well put together movie.

It is about the best example if increasing stakes I have ever seen in a movie.

Every crisis for the protagonists is slightly bigger than the last.

Opening scene - 2 droids, indestructible
Lost in the Desert - 2 Droids, may get lost
Captured by Jawas - 2 Droids, may get imprisoned
Luke meets sandpeople - 3 characters, may get conked on the head
Stormtroopers - 4 characters, the baddies are actually killing those around them
Mos Eisley - 4 characters, may be seriously injured in a barroom brawl
Escape From Mos Eisley - 6 characters, the stormtroopers are actually shooting at them
Rescuing the princess - 6 characters, more stormtroopers actually shooting at them
Escaping the Death Star - 7 Characters, the empire is actually trying to kill them, and actually does get one
Space battle - 6 characters and a ship - The empire is trying to blow up the ship with all hands aboard (I know it was a ruse, but the audience did not know that at the time)
Attack on Yavin - hundreds of "real" character, and our heroes. The Death Star will blow up a planet (including the characters) to accomplish their goals. The rebels throw everything they have at the threat and almost every fighter dies. They eventually win, but it is close

Between each conflict, there is a scene where one character interacts with another character or a secondary character for the sole purpose of developing character. You notice each character has at least one feature conversation or interaction. Not only does the conversation develop the character, but it actually moves the story forward.
(I think that is why the Han Shot first argument is so hotly debated, the scene actually defines what type of character Han is. With a minor edit, he went from chaotic neutral to reactionary lawful neutral...but that is another issue)

From a story telling structure, Star Wars was put together very well. I have not seen many stories get that part right. Heck he is not able to replicate that in future SW movies.

-Ryougabot

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

We watched ROTJ this weekend. It was the 7 year old's first time.

He liked it except for the the fact that he could not figure out why they were so mean to Jabba. The only thing he could find that he did wrong was "he stole all of princess Leia's clothes. I don't even know why, they wouldn't fit him." "Princess Leia choked him because she was mad that he stole her clothes." I asked him about putting Han and Chewie in jail. His response shocked me. "Jabba should have thrown them in jail, they dumped his stuff into space, isn't that like stealing?".

He said he will miss Yoda, but he wants to move into his house.

"Why did Han Solo let Lando have the Falcon? He just broke it."

"People kiss a lot"

"Who is that third guy standing next to Yoda at the end?"
"That is Darth Vader"
"That can't be Vader, Vader has no hair"

The wife was looking forward to the YubYub song. When I told her that Lucas had removed it, she called BS.

-Ryougabot

Last edited by Ryougabot; March 18th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies