Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What format do you prefer for the Louisville tournaments?
5 Rounds of Swiss 3 25.00%
Rolling Rumble 3 25.00%
Alternating each month between Swiss and Rumble 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament January 5th

Louisville Monthly Tournament January 5th, 2013

Drumroll Please!!!

Bringing Online into the Face to Face World!

All the fun with none of the -

Many Louisville players have been competing in the Online Heroscape League... if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it! Find out more here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=47036

Season 5 should be happening in mid January.

FORMAT:
Choose two 540 point armies, which cannot share any figures. These will be the two armies you bring to every game.

Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the opponents. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice.

Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.

540 Points!
24 Hexes
No Marvel

C3V and SOV allowed!

Full Card Scoring Kill Points
5 Rounds Swiss
12 -5ish PM (Break as needed)
$5 Registration Fee
50 minute time limit.

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229

(502) 957-3188

Attention!!!

Pet Shop Comics is moving and should be in their new location before our next tournament.

The new address is 6234 North Preston Highway, Shepherdsville KY 40165

It's not far from the old location, just down Preston Highway a little bit. Their phone number will still be 957-3188 if you get lost.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6234+...40165&t=m&z=16

A word on prize structure -
There will be prizes for First, Second and Third places.
There will NOT be guaranteed prizes beyond that.
This does remove the expectation that some prizes
will be supplied by players.

With Heroscape product getting increasingly scarce
the prizes will be as follows.
First place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 50% of prize pool
Second place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 30% of prize pool
Third place - Pet Shop Comics Gift Certificate = 20% of prize pool

Additional prizes are always welcome and will be handed out on a superlative basis - (i.e. Furthest Distance Traveled, Best Sportsmanship, Most points scored against Gordon.)

Attending:
El Diabolo
Necroblade
Megasilver
Deroche
Video Sayge
Major Q23
Nelson
Mr. Chompy
Sawyer
Arts and Crafts124
Phantom

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; January 4th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament January 5th

maps

Badru Valley

Remains of Clionesia

Last edited by Deroche; January 4th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Now I'm facing the same problem as the online games; I can't run two armies that I want to with Venoc Warlord!
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I need to borrow a squad of Repulsers.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:59 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please be sure to vote in the poll that accompanies this event!!!

I am bringing

Penitence
Road Rampage

Old December 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

I'll be there, and I'll also bring Hellsgate and Broken Skyline.
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM

I would say that we should alternate between RR and 5RS, but that the event itself should determine if it's better to play with version, instead of just alternating it each month.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

What Tommy said.

I'll bring a map, but not Fossil since I finally took my stuff out of my car this time (gotta test for C3V!).

Also, I guess one of the two armies I bring will be that army, so I'm going to lose some games.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
What Tommy said.

I'll bring a map, but not Fossil since I finally took my stuff out of my car this time (gotta test for C3V!).

Also, I guess one of the two armies I bring will be that army, so I'm going to lose some games.
I'll just choose it out of spite.

MegaSilver, still looking for some Repulsers, and not sure what maps he will bring yet.
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:32 PM

Agreed... the alternating month option just means that we mix it up. It can be tailored to fit the format... but both formats remain valid options.

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Agreed... the alternating month option just means that we mix it up. It can be tailored to fit the format... but both formats remain valid options.
Yeah I like the mix up. Doing one version for too long it not as fun. Besides it helps out certain armies more than others.
Old December 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just a little observation after having played this format for a few matches now in the recent online tournaments: Bring two armies that can beat each other.

The thinking is similar to what you go through when you try to build a Reverse The Whip army; you want it to be able to win against all foes, but you also want a way to beat it with your other army as well, just in case it gets chosen by your opponent instead of you because they won the dice roll. After all, you can't count on/trust the two armies presented by your opponent will match up well against yours, so make sure you have an answer for both your builds.

Now, that all being said, most of the tournament you'll be primarily playing just one of your armies -- the one you like best, are most comfortable with, etc. You won't be swapping back and forth that much. For example, if Megasilver brings Venoc Vipers as one of his armies, guess which army he's choosing most of the time? That is, unless he sees a nasty ranged army across from him that's going to try to turtle on height against him the whole match. So Megasilver counters with Omegacron and friends to answer range with range. The wrench in Megasilver's plan is if you win the dice roll and take his Omegacron build and he doesn't like either of your army options as his additional choices, so now he's forced to play his vipers against a turtling-on-height ranged build, the very thing he was trying to avoid...it can be tricky what to bring! The general advice given from the online tournaments is to bring two similarly styled armies: Either both are ranged, or both are melee, etc. If possible, try not to bring the rock-to-your-scissors yourself.

Yes yes, Tommy, I know, you don't mind; you're confident in your ability to beat Omegacron with your vipers. Congrats. I'm simply trying to illustrate my point with an over-the-top, facetious example.

Last edited by Deroche; December 12th, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Megasilver example

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events