Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GameBear's Maps

Thanks for the reply.
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Gamebear, I just wanted to let you know how awesome of a job I think you do building maps. I don't frequent this forum too often, but I realized I've played countless games on Gamebear maps and thought I should give a shoutout. You're my personal favorite cartographer on the site, and I always look forward to your new maps as they're always fair, challenging, and aesthetically pleasing. Ticalla Sunrise is probably my favorite map of yours and my favorite all-time. Anyhow, keep up the good job, and I look forward to seeing more of your work
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As Im sure you know, you had 3 maps featured at the KC tournament this past weekend.

Marpesia's Glory:

This is one of my top favorite maps. I built this as soon as you posted it and have played lots of games on it. I like how most of the battle takes place in the center but can easily spill out to the sides. The use of the pillars and trees give melee just enough chance to deal with range.

Badru Valley:

I only got 2 games on this. They were definitely a challenge. I have a love hate relationship with your start zones. I was playing Blast/Glads and had no clue how to play the map for the first time. That first game I was all over the place with no since of direction at all. I'd like to play more games but Im still in need of another Road set. Once I get another though this is a map I'll have up often.

Sidewinder:

My favorite map of the 3. Ive played roughly 10 games and so far every single one was different. The heavy snow is just perfect. Realin has many places to hide. Not the best map for a melee army but I prefer range anyways.

Great maps Gamebear keep up the good work.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; January 5th, 2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:49 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The PDFs for all of my maps have been updated; I have added a cover page that includes an image and a few details about the map. The build instructions have not changed - I have just appended the cover pages to the old files. Hopefully I have managed to attach the correct files to all the download pages.

The PDF for Tempered Flares now includes build instructions for both scenarios, with the random glyph setup treated as the standard.
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:02 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Common Ground. 1 MS
Glyphs: Dagmar, Valda

I was persuaded to design another map; hard to believe it has been 6 months since the last time I posted one.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 04/18/09

I'll have to give this one a whirl this weekend!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Nice use of the ruins, GameBear!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:03 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Great Map!!!!! I thought it was called Parlay.

Seriously though, I have already played on that one a few times at Dignan's.

It is an instant classic!! It has Gen Con written all over it.

Job well done, as always.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; April 18th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

awesome new map Gamebear like everyone else... I need to play test this!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Dvalin's Furnace. 1 MS + 1 FA + 1 VW
Glyphs: 2 Rannveig

Those are not castle walls topped with lava; those are chimneys for a large subterranean furnace. The ground directly above is barren (too hot), and the thermals in the area interfere with flying.

The wind glyphs are situated on lava field tiles, but can also be removed completely if players prefer. This map does not have any designated locations for random glyphs.

EDIT 09-15-09: The PDF file has been updated - the glyphs have been removed and some tiles have been repositioned.

Last edited by GameBear; September 15th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 04/24/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
New map: Dvalin's Furnace. 1 MS + 1 FA + 1 VW
Glyphs: 2 Rannveig

Those are not castle walls topped with lava; those are chimneys for a large subterranean furnace. The ground directly above is barren (too hot), and the thermals in the area interfere with flying.

The wind glyphs are situated on lava field tiles, but can also be removed completely if players prefer. This map does not have any designated locations for random glyphs.
Awesome! Now I've got two maps to playtest!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 04/24/09

Great map as usual, GameBear. I made a similar one recently except I tried to use just marvel... maybe I'll finally make a map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios