Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old September 6th, 2023, 11:33 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Uprooted Tree

Uprooted Tree

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = UPROOTED TREE

SIZE = LARGE 2

LIFE = 1
DEFENSE = 3

HINDERING TERRAIN 1
All figures may move through this figure, counting each space as +1 Move.

UPROOTED
When a figure with the Tree keyword is removed from the battlefield, replace it with Uprooted Tree.

PUBLISHER =
KEYWORDS = Nature
SYMBOLS= HEAT WEAKNESS
REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a: painted 3D printable Gloomhaven terrain piece.
    The file can be found here: thingiverse, printed at 115%.
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 10th, 2023 at 10:35 AM.
Old September 6th, 2023, 11:34 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Uprooted Tree - design/review

1.0 design

No changes from 1.0
Old September 6th, 2023, 12:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The one thing I did want to discuss, and sorry for forgetting earlier when we spoke, is the uprooted power makes it seem like this is a tree stump, yet the mini used and the image makes it look like the remains of a fallen tree. So what is the intent. If it's the fallen/thrown tree then it shouldn't be "before tree is moved" but more before it is removed/defeated whatever we went with there.

That way a tree is thrown...destroyed, but the space it landed in now hindered terrain and not just the space it was planted?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2023, 03:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here. When I throw a 1 life large tree at someone, I replace it with this 3 life uprooted tree before rolling the attack dice, then roll 1 damage dice for each skull rolled in the attack and inflict those wounds to the 3 life Uprooted tree.
Old September 6th, 2023, 05:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Makes sense to me that if you yank a tree out of the ground to toss it, what you are actually tossing is the uprooted tree. Tree of Life luckily can’t be moved so the life to death cycle doesn’t get interrupted. Good job thinking that through!

I agree with YK’s interpretation of the mechanics. Do we want to make this 1 Life so things are a bit less weird there?

Second ability should be a instead of an.

First ability I would tweak to:

HINDERING TERRAIN 2
Figures may move through Uprooted Tree, counting each space as +1 Move.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2023, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here. When I throw a 1 life large tree at someone, I replace it with this 3 life uprooted tree before rolling the attack dice, then roll 1 damage dice for each skull rolled in the attack and inflict those wounds to the 3 life Uprooted tree.
I think some of that hinges on the intent of this. If it's meant to sit in the space the tree was pre-thrown (which may be odd with it being a multi-space object) then it would go as soon as the tree is "broken off it's trunk to be thrown. If it's meant to be the leftover tree after it's knocked over/thrown/destroyed it would need to be worded to be placed after a defeated or removed tree.

But I don' think it's ever meant to be rolling the damage dice against this thing after a tree is thrown.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 6th, 2023, 05:19 PM
A Man of Taste

For posterity, since I was one of the four of us sitting at the table when this idea was birthed and one of three in the truck discussing how it could work...

Dr. J, Spidey, LV, and I were playing a game on Icy road and the trees were a usual target at that con. Spidey wanted something to mark the space because we were playing lots of games on the map and we kept forgetting where the trees went . So we started joking about tree stump DO's to replace the trees. On the ride home we discussed more. Back then throwing the trees wasn't really a usual thing...just knocking them over. So we started thinking about having the trunk taking up spaces and blocking movement after the tree fell over. So that's why it's not a stump and it's now a stick.

Fast forward to 2.0 where throwing is now a common thing and I think for this to fit the same intent it needs to occupy the space the tree would sit after it's thrown. Which means it needs to be after said tree is destroyed...so I think the wording needs to reflect that. Because if it's replacing the tree before it's moved...then it's almost never going to be hindering terrain since it's likely going to be destroyed on the damage die after the attack.

Old September 6th, 2023, 05:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm that does still leave the weirdness of a tree surviving the throw and staying upright but that’s a thing independent of this design so maybe not an issue.

I do think 3 life is too much regardless.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fire Weakness?
Old September 6th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

This one was always hard for me to grasp. So it goes from single space to double space as soon as it moves which means it may not be able to be placed, in which case it is destroyed or would you not be able to throw it in the first place?
I agree its Life should not increase unless if you say the 1 Life is just what it takes to uproot or fall the original tree.
Old September 6th, 2023, 05:42 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm that does still leave the weirdness of a tree surviving the throw and staying upright but that’s a thing independent of this design so maybe not an issue.

I do think 3 life is too much regardless.
Agree on the life. Do trees stay upright when surviving. Seems odd thematically but mechanically it may be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Fire Weakness?
Good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
This one was always hard for me to grasp. So it goes from single space to double space as soon as it moves which means it may not be able to be placed, in which case it is destroyed or would you not be able to throw it in the first place?
I agree its Life should not increase unless if you say the 1 Life is just what it takes to uproot or fall the original tree.
Until I read that they stay upright when thrown but survive I had this typed up "Well since thrown objects aren't auto destroyed any more...that tree needs a landing space anyway. This would just take that space if it's destroyed."

But now I'm not sure what the response is.

Old September 6th, 2023, 09:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I wasn't sure at first about the switching from 1 life standing tree to 3 life fallen over tree, but after thinking about it a bit I kind of think it works. Say Hulk pulls a tree up out of the ground and throws it at Deadshot. He rolls 3 skulls with that SA, which generates 3 damage dice vs. the uprooted tree. If you roll all skulls on those damage die, the uprooted tree is never placed as it is destroyed in the process of being thrown at Deadshot. If less that 3 skulls are rolled on the damage dice, then the uprooted tree is placed down next to Deadshot with some number of life left, creating a movement obstacle for some or an object that can be thrown once more by others.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database