Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 9th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Major Update 12/1/13

My thought about it :

Be Zak Sa :
I don't really like the "No other special power on any Army Card or Glyph can affect that roll." It feels not very "official". And if a player want to spend 160+120 points (280 points !!) to get +2 to the dice roll of Havecs, his havecs will clearly be better, but he will have few of them ! I say let him do.
I like the second version of the Secondary Targeting Systems power.

Havech Incinerators :

Is that a squad of 2 figures, or of 3 ?
I don't like powers that specify others figures by a power they have (I make an exception only for the Flying power, because it is thematic enough). I would prefer if you used the caracteristics of the left box. My first idea would be to make Be Zak Sa of personnality "Dominating" and have them bond with a dominating marro hero. I looked at others marro hero, to see their personnalities, and I found that Tricky could also be a good idea !
Bonding with a tricky marro hero would allow to bond with :
- Be Zak Sa : just make her tricky
- Su Bak Na : he already bond with nagrub, so it shouldn't be too much
- Ne Gok Sa : He already bond with romans, so it shouldn't be too much
- Kee Mo Shi : She would love the bonding !
I don't think it would be too powerfull because you made them an unique squad, and it would be fun ! Adding a new option for Su-Bak-Na, Ne-Gok-Sa can provide a screen for the incinerator, and Kee-Mo-Shi would have a chance to see play.
For the flamejet SA: does the target get the unblockable wound in addition to the two attacks (SA) of 4 ?
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love all of these customs, nice work IshMEL! I am especially digging your 'Cheapscape' cards - in fact, I did a similar thing for Skahen [using a 'Sharon Carter' HeroClix mini] and Master Woo [using a 'Boon' IndyClix mini]. I only have 1 squad of Aubrians, so I'm definitely going to grab some LotR Elven Archers and use your Card!

I also dig the WWII guys you made - I have a huge box of WWII-themed figures and I'm always looking for new twists. Love the Scout, that's a great idea [plus, tying him in with the AE was an inspired idea]. I tried my hand at a Medic as well, but I really like your take on it - especially the Mercy 'disadvantage'. Great thematic element!
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
My thought about it :

Be Zak Sa :
I don't really like the "No other special power on any Army Card or Glyph can affect that roll." It feels not very "official". And if a player want to spend 160+120 points (280 points !!) to get +2 to the dice roll of Havecs, his havecs will clearly be better, but he will have few of them ! I say let him do.
I like the second version of the Secondary Targeting Systems power.

Havech Incinerators :

Is that a squad of 2 figures, or of 3 ?
I don't like powers that specify others figures by a power they have (I make an exception only for the Flying power, because it is thematic enough). I would prefer if you used the caracteristics of the left box. My first idea would be to make Be Zak Sa of personnality "Dominating" and have them bond with a dominating marro hero. I looked at others marro hero, to see their personnalities, and I found that Tricky could also be a good idea !
Bonding with a tricky marro hero would allow to bond with :
- Be Zak Sa : just make her tricky
- Su Bak Na : he already bond with nagrub, so it shouldn't be too much
- Ne Gok Sa : He already bond with romans, so it shouldn't be too much
- Kee Mo Shi : She would love the bonding !
I don't think it would be too powerfull because you made them an unique squad, and it would be fun ! Adding a new option for Su-Bak-Na, Ne-Gok-Sa can provide a screen for the incinerator, and Kee-Mo-Shi would have a chance to see play.
For the flamejet SA: does the target get the unblockable wound in addition to the two attacks (SA) of 4 ?
I like these ideas!

The Incinerators are a two-figure squad. (Strangely, the picture shows three in the box, but in my box I got two of those.)

So the new power would be:

Tricky Marro Bonding
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may first take a turn with a Unique Marro Hero you control with a Tricky personality.

And then I would change Be Zak Sa to become Tricky.

The automatic skull is supposed to come after the two attacks of 4. That guy in the crossfire is toast. However, I'm thinking of changing it to:

Flamejet Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 3 + Special.
A Havech Incinerator that does not attack normally may use Flamejet Special Attack. Choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Havech Incinerator. All figures on those spaces that are in line of sight are affected by Flamejet Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If a figure is attacked twice in one turn by Flamejet Special Attack, it takes one unblockable wound. Lava Resistant figures are not affected by Flamejet Special Attack.

Increased range by 1, reduced attack by 1. This differentiates it from the Incendiborg's power. I might drop the auto-wound, this power is getting very long to fit on a card.

Garada, I'm glad you like my stuff! I've admired the work you and Matt Helm have done, although I haven't gotten into supers too much. I already have too many customs as it is... however I did pick up a Dr. Strange figure the other day, and since it was a different figure I took the liberty of redoing that side of the card. Hope you don't mind... here's the result:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 16th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Next up, The Confrontation Lions Paladins Attachment Box.

These guys go with The Knights of the Vale. I made them Einar because they're purple!

First, the flag bearer and the trumpeter. I liked Super Bogue's idea of turning these guys into a 2-man version of Sir Gilbert. Instead I made him into 2 heroes -- the trumpeter calls Einar to battle, and the flag rallies the troops. That way the Aura isn't doubled. Split in two, it's probably less useful than Sir G because you'll spend two turns moving them forward. We'll see.

Trumpeter of The Vale
Einar
Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Disciplined
Life: 3
Move: 5
Range*: 1
Attack*: 3
Defense: 4
Point Value: 55

Einar's Dispatch
After you take a turn with The Trumpeter of The Vale, roll 12 Einar Valkyrie dice. You may move up to 4 squad figures you control who follow Einar up to X spaces. X equals the number of Einar symbols rolled. Any squad figures moved with Einar’s Dispatch must be within 8 clear sight spaces of The Trumpeter of The Vale prior to moving.

Standard Bearer of The Vale
Einar
Human
Unique Hero
Champion
Disciplined
Life: 3
Move: 5
Range*: 1
Attack*: 3
Defense: 4
Point Value: 50

Attack Aura 1:
All friendly figures adjacent to The Standard Bearer of The Vale with a range of 1 add 1 die to their normal attack.

And finally, Mr Halo in the middle:

Pellinore of The Vale
Einar
Human
Unique Hero
Paladin
Devout
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
130 points

Back, Infernal Creatures!
After moving and before attacking, you may choose up to three Undead or Demon figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Pellinore. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll a 17 or higher, that figure receives one wound.

Smite
If Pellinore attacks an opponent's figure that follows Utgar or Valkrill and destroys it, you may remove one wound marker from this card, or from the Army Card of an adjacent Hero you control.

Greater Protection from Evil Aura
All small or medium figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Pellinore add 1 to their defense dice when rolling defense against an attack from a figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill. Greater Protection from Evil Aura does not affect Pellinore.

Since he's a Paladin he won't get the bonding. Worth his points against an Infernal horde? Maybe. Useful otherwise? We shall see!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 16th, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM

I had put together a Dolgaunt Monk (see OP) but while it's a transcription of the D&D creature, it lacked oomph. I decided it needed synergy! So here's my draft:

Slave of the Illithid
Utgar
Aberration
Uncommon Hero
Psychic
Tormented
Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
30 points

Enthralled
If a Mind Flayer chooses this Slave of the Illithid for Enslave, add 10 to the roll. If an adjacent Mind Flayer you control rolls for Enslave on a different figure, add 1 to your roll.

Psionic Tentacles
Before attacking an adjacent figure that is not Psychic, roll two 20-sided dice. For each result of 18 or higher, you may place a wound marker on that figure's Army Card. You may then remove wound markers from this card, if possible, up to the number of wounds placed with Psionic Tentacles.

For The Masters
If a friendly Mind Flayer within 2 clear sight spaces receives one or more wounds, you may ignore wounds up to the number of lives remaining to this Slave of the Illithid. Place an equal number of wound markers on this card instead.

Another pawn -- I was nearly done before I realized I was remaking my own Soulaxe Demon. Well, why not. I think I like this better than the Dolgaunt Monk. The Ilithids have slaves (I looked it up!) and this boosts the Mind Flayers and Cxurgy'gyath. With Big C, two MFMs, and two SOTIs, you have a 400 point army, and a potential +3 to Enslave.

And yes, Enthralled will enable your opponent's Mind Flayer to easily Enslave your Slave. They're not terribly loyal, just abject.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 16th, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM

I went on a Dwarf-buying kick a while ago. Here's one I've got in the hopper:

Hrath Silverstone
Einar
Dwarf
Unique Hero
Cleric
Devout
Life 5
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 3
100 points

Holy Word Special Attack
Range 4, Attack 4
Holy Word Special Attack can only be used on Undead or Demon figures.

Greater Protection from Evil Aura
All small or medium figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Hrath Silverstone add 1 to their defense dice when rolling defense against an attack from a figure who follows Utgar or Valkrill.

Moradin's Healing
After revealing an Order Marker on a wounded Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Hrath Silverstone, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 4 to your roll if the Hero is a Dwarf. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove up to 2 wound markers from that Hero's Army Card.

A straight-up Ana K copy, with a few changes. Turn Undead now works on Demons, Protection now covers Valkrill, healing favors Dwarves but not exclusively.

Figure: Dungeon Command Dwarf Cleric
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Continuing in the Custom Of The Day, a Dwarf Wizard:

Lodhar Stoneflame
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; December 13th, 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added elemental restriction on Petrification
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:10 PM

Another Steampunk / Girl Genius custom draft:

Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton
Valkrill
Clank
Unique Hero
Construct
Tricky
Life 3
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 4
Defense 3
75 points

Opening Gambit
At the start of the first round of a game, after all order markers have been placed, you may move Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton up to 5 spaces. It must end its Opening Gambit movement on an empty space.

Castle
Once per round, before moving Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton normally, choose a non-adjacent figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces. After moving, you may immediately move the chosen figure up to 4 spaces. The chosen figure cannot end its move adjacent to Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton, and will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Alekhine's Gun
When attacking a Queen, King, Bishop, or Knight, Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton rolls 2 additional attack dice.

Figure: Tannhauser Frankenstahl

This probably makes no sense if you haven't read the webcomic, but this is the kind of absurd-mad-science-steampunk thing that graces the pages of Girl Genius. I imagine that this device was invented by a Heterodyne ancestor (they were very Valkrill) and discovered in a sealed-off room in Castle Heterodyne. "Alekhine's Gun" is an actual chess formation and is my favorite of these powers. Yes, I know there aren't any Bishops. Yet.

Chess-themed powers that didn't make the cut:

Castle Defense
When adjacent to a wall or battlement, Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton adds 1 to its Defense.

Mere Pawns
Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton never takes leaving engagement attacks from Common figures.
Old December 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM

Here's your custom du jour, another from the Girl Genius universe:

Otilia, Muse of Protection
Einar
Clank
Unique Hero
Construct
Protective
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
100 points

Gaussian Blur Device
Otilia rolls 2 additional defense dice against an attack from a non-adjacent figure, or 3 dice if that figure is Precise.

Muse of Protection
Otilia may attack one additional time for every Hero you control that is adjacent to her, up to a total of two additional attacks. If a figure can target Otilia for a normal attack, it cannot make a normal attack on any Hero you control that is adjacent to Otilia.

Servo Leap
Instead of her normal move, Otilia may Servo Leap. Servo Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for her leaping movement, ignore elevations. Otilia may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Otilia may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If Otilia moves more than 4 levels lower with Servo Leap, she may roll 2 additional attack dice for her first attack.

Figure : Horrorclix Athena

Gaussian Blur plus Muse of Protection gives her a pretty powerful bodyguard function against Range. Possible 3 attacks of 3. Here is the character's bio. She's been in a few different mechanical / construct bodies so this one works for her just fine.
Old December 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM

Today's custom:
Shar Velene of House Brynn Mar
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Warlord
Inspiring
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
70 points

Leader's Charge
If you revealed the "1" Order Marker on this card this turn, you may add 2 to its Move number. If Shar Velene was not engaged at the beginning of that move, you may roll 2 additional attack dice when making a normal attack.

Glory
Each time an opponent's figure is destroyed by an attack from Shar Velene, place a gold Glory marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Glory markers may be placed on this card. If you control Shar Velene, add X to your initiative roll, where X equals the number of Order Markers on this card times the number of Glory markers on this card.

Figure: D&D Inspired Lieutenant

Originally I had her as another Champion, but I've made a lot of Champions recently. Time to give my Romans some help.
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didn't have time to look at your customs. I looked through them quickly now.

I like the Ana Khariton made dwarf, all of it !

Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton, I like the theme a lot !

Otilia, Muse of Protection. I would just add "this turn" at the end of the Servo Leap power.
Muse of Protection seems like two powers wraped into one. Perhaps you are trying to do too much things with one card.

For Shar Velene, you should limit the X to the initiative roll. All powers that change dice result have a limit in Heroscape. You don't want some strange campaign to allow Shar Velene to add +20 to the init roll, don't you ?
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Lygard, thanks for the feedback!

On Iago Heterodyne's Chess Playing Automaton, I'm thinking of changing "Bishop" to "the Castle Door" (castle = rook). Since there aren't any Bishops.

You're right about Otilia's Muse power -- the two go together thematically in my mind but it's really two powers. Perhaps I'll cut Servo Leap and increase her Move instead.

Shar Velene has a theoretical limit of +12 -- 3 Glory x 4 OMs. Perhaps a cap of 9?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards