Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Agatagary is surprisingly tart
Re: Agatagary's Customs

Quote:
Question though:
Since the "X" order marker goes back on the card after taking a turn with the fig(s), does this mean if you have more than 1 order marker on Drexler you get to take a turn with the "X" order marker every time or just the first activation of Drexler per round?
Every time you reveal a marker on Drexler, you get to take a turn with the unit with the X marker on its card.

Quote:
I played another game with 3 Attack and 4 Defense, and it evened him out nicely.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I am away from my home computer right now, and will be so for about a week, but when I get home I will adjust him accordingly.
Quote:
Once Dreamwalker shows up does he disappear at the end of each round and you have to reroll for him at the beginning of the next round, or does he stay, but it takes a 16+ at the beginning of a round to move him to a different card. And if it's the second way what happens if the card Dreamwalker is on is killed?
Quote:
I played that he needed a 16+ to move, and if his 'possessed' figure was defeated, he returned to his card.
Heroscape Elffy is correct on both counts; that is the way he should be played. I would have specified this on the card but, as seems to happen to me rather frequently, I ran out of space. Since the card does not specify that he dies with the unit he is currently tormenting, he does not die with it.

Here is a new custom that I thought up; I will make the card for it when I return, but in the meantime...

Grhaahm
Golem
Destroyer
Unique Hero
Relentless
Medium 5

Life 2
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 8
130 Points

Gravity Crush Special Attack
Range 2, Attack Special
Grhaahm may not use Gravity Crush on a figure with which he was previously engaged. Before using Gravity Crush special attack, Grhaahm must move 1 space to engage the target figure, and must descend at least 1 elevation level. The number of attack dice rolled for Gravity Crush Special Attack is the same as the number of elevation levels descended. Roll dice for leaving engagement attacks and/or falling damage after using Gravity Crush Special Attack.

The figure for Grhaahm is an Obsidian Guard. His price may need to be adjusted.

There are no "bad" units in Heroscape-only misused ones.

Please read The Heroscape Chronicles

Try out my custom figures! All use existing Heroscape sculpts

Last edited by Agatagary; July 8th, 2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM

7/18/08: Made the following changes:

- In accordance with Darkmage7a's suggestion, I have altered Kokuei's ability
- I added an altered version of Grhaahm, as well as Ulfgard
-Changed the text on Deathwalker 10000's card to avoid a rules issue that I noticed
- Changed Dreamwalker's stats.

What do you think?

Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:34 AM

Piherculis knows what's in an order marker Piherculis knows what's in an order marker

Very nice customs! A lot of outside-the-box thinking on those abilities.

Kokuei might be hard to initiate into play. Maybe if you stated a specific number of glyphs, because theoretically, someone could bring enough to cover the whole map.

Dreamwalker and the Lt. Drexler are my favorites.

If money can't buy happiness. . . what are you saving it for?
my maps- my terrain - my figs
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Kokuei might be hard to initiate into play. Maybe if you stated a specific number of glyphs, because theoretically, someone could bring enough to cover the whole map.
The Ambush ability was reworded from how it originally worked. The new way does not require removing and replacing portions of terrain, as the old one did. Also, the way it is now worded gives a boost to the personality type "Tricky;" the more tricky units you bring, the more places Kokuei is allowed to place glyphs, and thus the trickier he actually becomes. I do not think that the number of glyphs that a player could theoretically use could ever be high enough to cover the map, since there are usually point and starting zone restrictions (to cover the map, one would also have to cover the map in tricky units).

That being said, do you still see the way Ambush works as a problem? If people feel that it makes Kokuei broken, I might be persuaded to change it to a set hiding place limit.

Right now, I am especially interested in what people think of Ulfgard. What do you all think of him, thematically and in terms of balance, playability, strategic value, etc.?

Last edited by Agatagary; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:16 AM

Piherculis knows what's in an order marker Piherculis knows what's in an order marker

OK, I re-read it and caught the part I missed in parenthesis about removing all of the glyphs after placing him. I thought that they accumulated every time you rolled for ambush.

What happens if the opponent lands on all of your placed gylphs before you reveal an order marker, say you lost initiative? Do you then loose that turn for him?

*EDIT - as far as Ulfgard, it sounds like a cyclical attack that only ends when either figure is dead. Would it be better to say the opponent must immediately take a turn with that figure, and the same with Ulfgard, so that either of you can disengage or try moving around for height advantage?

One thing I can see it conflicting with Isamu's disappearing ninja power. Who's card takes priority?

If money can't buy happiness. . . what are you saving it for?
my maps- my terrain - my figs

Last edited by Piherculis; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: addendum
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
What happens if the opponent lands on all of your placed gylphs before you reveal an order marker, say you lost initiative? Do you then loose that turn for him?
Yes.
Quote:
*EDIT - as far as Ulfgard, it sounds like a cyclical attack that only ends when either figure is dead. Would it be better to say the opponent must immediately take a turn with that figure, and the same with Ulfgard, so that either of you can disengage or try moving around for height advantage?
That's exactly what it is. I am undecided as to whether to make it simply an attack or a turn; the idea is that once Ulfgard attacks, he goes berserk and fights with such a fury that he will continue until either he or his target is dead. Allowing the combatants to move as well would make it more interesting, but I am worried that the opponent might disengage...

How do you think he would be if I gave him a watered down version of cyberclaw, where the target may move but may not leave the engagement (and Ulfgard also may not leave the engagement)? Then I could allow both to move around, but nobody would run away. This would also solve the Isamu problem that I am about to address.

Quote:
One thing I can see it conflicting with Isamu's disappearing ninja power. Who's card takes priority?
I noticed this myself. I was not really sure how to address this; I don't want to refer to any specific power (it is messy, and disregards any future powers that may be released), so I think the best way might be the one that I mentioned above.

I plan to make any changes that may be necessary, but I cannot edit the cards at the moment, as I am away again. I greatly appreciate all comments, and if anybody would like to playtest any of my creations, I would be delighted to hear how they fare in battle, and how they interact with other units.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards