Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Bogus Phone Charges Bid4Prz3

Ridculous. Pathetic. Scammers.

Anybody else have this $9.99 premium data charge on their phone bill? What a crock.

The only way this could have happened is through some scam on the photobucket website when we registered.

Beware.

Rant over.
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
huh?
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Color me confused...
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Ravven Demonwing has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renquist
huh?
I second that action.

Ravven Demonwing Manages the Training room in...
The Menagerie
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Alright. Here's the long version. So, my wife signs up on photobucket to put up some pictures. With me so far? I was not watching at the time. For some reason, it asks for her cell phone number, which she gives, which they will then send her a pin number to use to validate/access the account- I'm not sure which since I didn't see it go down. This sounds fishy to me, and I would not have proceeded down this course. In any case, that's the only way we could have been signed up for some premium data service on the phone. We now have a $9.99 charge on our bill, for some subscription service, which I have now texted TERMINATE to.

Well, mayhap I am not as savvy as others, but this definitely stinks of a scam. Also, googling, I see many others complaining of the same thing.
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I was never asked for a phone number when signing up for photobucket.
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:47 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Me neither. Strange things floating out there on the web.
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Me neither. Strange things floating out there on the web.
Nor was I. You may have slipped into an alternate dimension.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General