Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 8th, 2020, 11:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Well we're making this up as we go along. AotV allows up to 6 days for equivalent votes, but depending on how quickly people engage we may be done sooner. If someone thinks a 6 week voting period is ridiculous please speak up. Nomination should only be a few days. An alternative approach would be to replace nomination by auto-nominating everyone who has posted at least once in any of the relevant threads.

If anyone has a preference just speak up, because as I said we are making this up as we go along

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 9th, 2020, 01:18 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn't mind auto-nominating, but either way works for me.
Old June 12th, 2020, 06:01 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I wouldn't mind auto-nominating, but either way works for me.
I'll propose auto-nomination along with the next proposal. Hopefully going up in the next few hours here.

--
--
--

--
Old June 12th, 2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
In other news, how should we name our fellowships? Ideally it should be something that fits in a thread title without taking away from the rest of the thread title, like "Fellowship A" "Fellowship B" etc. or "Fellowship 1" "Fellowship 2" etc.
With no feedback I decided to call our first Fellowship "Fellowship A." If you see a thread titled Fellowship A, feel free to read but try to keep posting to a minimum if you're not a member of that Fellowship. Same with the other Fellowships that will be coming online soon.

--
--
--

--
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:05 PM

Regarding the ranked-choice voting, since we are not just electing *1* person, I am thinking that we will tally everyone's #1-#3 votes instead of just their #1 vote. If anyone objects, speak up! As I said before, we are making this up as we go along.

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 11:44 AM

I think it would be cool for us to add the following threads. I don't have to be the one to start them but I will eventually if no one else does

HoME Rolls (list of participants, who is in what fellowship, who is on hiatus, etc)
Rivendell (HoME Hangout and off topic chat; be fun to chat about the new Amazon series for instance)
Hobbiton (Landing spot for interested people, with a summary of what we do and how to help out)

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2020, 11:51 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oooh, good ideas
Old June 18th, 2020, 01:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote yes
Old June 18th, 2020, 01:34 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

This is perfect in my opinion!

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 18th, 2020, 08:08 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This question just came up in our Fellowship A discussion, and we decided it should be moved here for the whole group to discuss.

The question is - how do we decide which "bad" characters are from Utgar and which are from Valkrill?

I think having a general metric would be helpful so that the final outcomes are all "thematically" matched. I thought of 3 that could work:
1) Utgar gets all figures from Mordor and Valkrill gets all other figures
2) Valkrill gets all Sauroman's figures and Utgar gets all the others
3) Valkrill gets the humans and some other non-orc figures and Utgar gets the others.

Personally I prefer (1) or (2) over (3) with a slight preference towards (2).

I'm hoping some of you can chime in with:
A) Ranking of (1)-(3) above
B) Any alternative metric you think of

We can extend this discussion to the other Generals as well, but I think many of the questions there are either clearer (i.e. all elves probably go to Ullar) or less important for group consensus before fellowships start, with the possible exception of men between Jandar & Einar. But I'm hoping to keep the initial discussion focused on just Utgar v. Valkrill to be more productive.

Also important to think about how each of these metrics affects characters like Smaug, who is more independent.

Thoughts?
Old June 18th, 2020, 09:21 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I prefer 3, the 1 and finally 2.
Old June 19th, 2020, 12:40 AM

Don't forget ME generals, they were tied up in the polls.

Valkrill is supposed to be about pure chaos right, forces of nature.
I'd say maybe the wild/animal stuff that's too unfriendly to be Aquilla: Smaug, Watcher in the Water. Especially the Balrog really feels like unfiltered chaotic evil thrown into the mix. Nazgul fit the vibe of other Valkrill units. I don't have the D&D stuff so I may not fully know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs