Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 12th, 2023, 11:23 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
[NO POSTING] Info from Renegade Designers and Staff

For ease of keeping up with what's been revealed about Renegade's revival of Heroscape, this thread is reserved for direct quotes from official people only (and, if needed, whoever they're responding to). If you want to discuss, take your quotes from here and put them in some other thread.

In other words, you know that thing we did last time? Same deal, except we're getting the info much slower this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Medinger
So Renegade's typical mode is this.

Starter press release, to generate exciement (I fear maybe this didn't work this time as you don't all seem to be excited enough) <- JOKE
More info later.
Even more info, later-er
Repeat a few times.
Announce actual buyable products
4ish months later release said products

Quote:
NO CROWDFUNDING
I mean I can't say like not ever ever ever, but you're gonna be able to buy things.
100% the game is back. No crowdfunding, no maybe but only if. It's coming. Extra promise.
No speculation. No it's only coming if this things happen. It's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais Morgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an
Also while the mods are reading, please keep HS a casual game at heart, that's where it thrives imo. Design things for casual play, and not worry about designing for the competitive meta.
we really pride ourselves on making games approachable

Quote:
Keep all your wish-list, grail hopes etc. coming. We read it all.
I will re-itterate again, we READ all this. So if I or another blue name doesn't reply it doesn't mean we don't see it. You all are just typing a ton so I miss stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver's Discord DMs, posted with permission from all involved

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopuppet
Will this still be compatible with old Heroscape?
Yes.
THIS IS THE SAME GAME

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros
Last thing! Please do not make your initial product release be only things a player can use one of. The all unique release structure was a really bad idea. We want to give you money. Leaf_It and I both ordered $2k+ of Age of Annihilation. Please help us give you money by making common and uncommon units we will want in multiple, and terrain packs that are flexible enough that someone could build massive maps if they're willing to buy the product for it.
Thanks. Yeah we're aware. I've talked to the product team about squad vs. unique units.

Quote:
You want your card protectors to be like a binder, so you can organize them all and flip through them (think photo album) or detachable so you can use them on the field of play?
I should clarify. IF they were made. IF
I told he product folks you were would like them so they asked me a follow up question. Again NO promises, but you know if they get made then you get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gaeta
One thing I wanted to make clear is that there is room for all types of players. One of Heroscapes greatest strengths is how easy it is to learn to play. We have no intention of deviating from that. We will always keep the game fun and accessible.

If we do tournaments and events it will never be at the cost of those core qualities. That doesn't mean a World Championship can't be competitive but at its core this game has broad appeal and we would never want to lose that.

Quote:
Good morning Scapers! I thought you might find this interesting. Scroll down:

https://renegadegamestudios.com/careers/

Also this:

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...lude-heroscape

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It
Do they have access to the AoA stuff? regardless of whether it will ever be released, are they also looking at that stuff?
We have all the reference material we need. You gotta just trust me on this one.

Quote:
Yeah you aren't going to see a pre-order product for us that's 1+ years out. We just find that's a bad idea. We're closer to the 4-6 month range. You're gonna get a TON of info about stuff prior to that as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna
did some very surface lefevel sifting. When the Transformers Deck Building Game was announced it was May 2021 and arrived in August/Spet of 2021. Seeing as how Transformers was already established, that is a weak starting point for guesses. Renegade announced the partnership with Hasbro in October of 2022. Acquire was revealed around February 2nd went up for pre order, it releases in July. Axis and Allies 1941 was announced in the Officer's Club at the end of February and drops in August.
That keeps in line with Scott's 4-6 months for items pre ordered. So if we look at the Hasbro partnership, more concrete information should be October 8th-ish. However, Age of Annihilation was still live when the partnership was announced. We got the "return" announcement about 7 months after failure. So, it could be likely that Heroscape stuff will be revealed in Jan-March 2024 which is around PaxEast.

That’s a pretty good analysis Vecna

Last edited by Anitar; June 13th, 2023 at 12:51 PM.
Old June 13th, 2023, 01:26 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: [NO POSTING] Info from Renegade Designers and Staff

@Anitar about that Discord screenshot:

Those were from my DMs with NickM, and he approved of me sharing that to the community.

EDIT: Whoops, this should have been a DM, not posted in here. My bad.
Old June 21st, 2023, 11:01 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

From Scott himself, we will have something at GenCon 2024.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; June 21st, 2023 at 11:14 PM.
Old August 4th, 2023, 01:29 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

Following a few weeks of Nick Medinger posting about the travels and adventures of his personal Heroscape logo pin...

Quote:
My Heroscape pin is pretty excited.

(The QR code just leads here)
Old August 5th, 2023, 12:18 AM

Today's news part II (new news)

Quote:
The “stretch” figures from the original campaign will be made available in some way TBD, so don’t stress about that. 😀
(As a reminder, those are Drake with a jetpack, evil Raelin on a manticore, Q-11, three Shioris, and Sonlen on his dragon)
Old August 5th, 2023, 07:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Glad our AOA efforts weren't in vain. (Now everyone will probably accept AOA as Official). Hooray!
Old August 5th, 2023, 12:58 PM

Scavorith lives.
Quote:
You all were busy while I was sleeping! We will use all figures shown during the campaign in the near future. Exact use and timing TBD. No reason to leave anything out.
Old August 9th, 2023, 01:04 PM

The Lack of Sprues II: Electric Boogaloo

Thanks to @Dandelions for digging these up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook

Old August 25th, 2023, 02:35 PM

Oh, hey, look, an actual announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Chung
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiegfried
I'm curious if there are breaks in between segments or if it really is just an hour of Heroscape
we dont break during segments, only between
Old September 22nd, 2023, 08:08 PM

This is Facebook, right?

A little addition to something we mostly knew.

Old October 4th, 2023, 08:07 PM

I have literally never heard these names before in my life

News about the impending news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Gaeta
We're thrilled to announce that Lee Houff and S. Rowan have joined team Renegade to work on ushering in the return of Heroscape in 2024!

Full Announcement �� https://renegadegamestudios.com/blog...de-is-growing/
Quote:
You guys let your imaginations run wild sometimes. �� Lee and Rowan have been doing amazing work since they got here and are just two members of a pretty big Renegade team. They're also long time fans of Heroscape. During their interviews I got to hear all about it.

We're all lucky to have them as part of the team. Be sure to give them a warm welcome! You'll get to know them, myself, and a few others Saturday! See you then!

Last edited by Anitar; October 4th, 2023 at 09:04 PM.
Old October 7th, 2023, 10:49 PM

Hour-long "Meet The Team" segment dropped, as planned.

Full transcript here, provided by @Dandelions.

Substantive highlights:
Quote:
Lee: Okay. Well, I already said Master Set. But what I am trying my hardest to do, is to create a thing… that is lower in price, like a low-cost entry point, so then that way if you’re like, man I can’t afford the Master Set, or aw, my kids would love this, boom.

Scott: Somebody in chat said, ‘master set confirmed?’ Yes, there’s going to be a Master Set. I mean, this isn’t really giving away, it’s kind of the obvious folks, but yes. There’s going to be a big box set that comes with lots of terrain and lots of figures so you can have big epic battles and lots of fun. And yes, you know it’s probably, you can read between the lines when Lee says a lower price point thing, there’s going to be more of a… it’s not exactly… a starter set, something that’s more for the uninitiated player to jump on, give Heroscape a try without having to buy a big box master set.
Quote:
Scott: So how many different terrain packs are you working on right now?

Lee: *sighs*. Three currently. But I would like for there to be more.

Scott: Well there will be. There will be more.
Quote:
Rowan: I believe our valiant marketing team is going to be posting a link to a form you can use to apply to be a playtester for Heroscape. Just a few questions, just to get to know you.

Scott: What? You mean the people that are actually in there can apply to become official playtesters for future Heroscape? I guess that sounds pretty good. So, marketing team, you guys can put the link in the chat whenever you’re ready. But it is an application process, as you can expect, we don’t take everybody. It’s too many. But we do have lots and lots of people that are in our playtest pools, and work really hard. It is directed, it’s not like, if you think this is the chance to, oh, I’m just going to get a bunch of stuff and spoilers early and advance and not doing anything with it… it’s not gonna work out that way so well. But if you are really serious about playtesting and getting games in and providing directed feedback, you might actually have a mission to test this one specific thing out and give us feedback on these results, and that sort of stuff. Then this might be the right fit for you.
(That link is here)
Quote:
Scott: We just officially took over Heroscape just a few months ago from Hasbro. And the Avalon Hill team has been phenomenal, Craig has been great, he’s still involved, anything we do kind of goes through a process with our partners over at Hasbro and Avalon Hill. Craig is involved, when we send him things he gets to see things, and they’ve been really really supportive.

But the last month or so, two months, has really been just taking all the stuff that we inherited from them and doing our due diligence and inventorying it and seeing what’s there and making sure everything is there that we think should be there, and what’s not there and what other work needs to be done, because it wasn’t a hundred percent finished when it was turned over to us. There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done. We need to do a lot of design, and create art, and tweak sculpts, and test some gameplay, and all that sort of stuff. So that’s what we’re really focused on right now. We’re running some tests with some factories and things like that, and kind of vetting factories and doing what you call, that kind of production stuff.
Quote:
Scott: Historical units? A bunch of people were spamming historical units. There won’t be any historical units in these current waves that we’re working on right now, because we’re focused on the Age of Annihilation content, there was over seventy figures in that content and that’s what we’re working on as of today. So, you know. The far future? You never know.
Quote:
Scott: Backwards compatibility, yeah that’s been stated right from the start. That’s nothing new. Currently the game is backwards compatible and it should remain backwards compatible. That’s really not that big of a deal.
Quote:
Scott: Painted or unpainted? We’re not ready yet on that. It’s something we’re still exploring. I think I’ll state the obvious for everybody, it’s not 2003 anymore, so. It’s just a different ball game nowadays. But that’s not something we’re ready to commit either way, because we’re exploring it with factories.
Quote:
Scott: This game is gonna launch with organized play in stores and beyond on Day 1. We’re way ahead of the game working on that sort of stuff. You have some of the most organized play people probably in the industry, actually, here at Renegade.
Quote:
Scott: But by the next RenegadeCon, in early next year, we’ll be really ready to spill the beans on stuff. Jeanne’s gonna have all sorts of cool stuff to show you and characters to talk about because she’s going to have all the cool arts and sculpts and things like that.

I’m really excited about Raelin, for many reasons. Because what Rowan’s working on, got me really excited, it also got Craig very excited, and what marketing is working on has also got me really excited about that character. And if everything aligns and goes well, I think we’re going to do some really cool fun things, not just in the game, but outside of the game possibly.
Quote:
Scott: Somebody asks, will they be able to find new Heroscape in France? Yeah you should be able to find new Heroscape in France, we have Renegade France.
Quote:
Scott: No, we’re not going back and reprinting old figures. We’re moving forward. And all new figures, new gameplay, none of the molds exist for the old stuff anyway guys. They’re long long gone. So if you wanted to remake those figures, you’d just have to make new molds. So we’re not going to spend that time and energy making figures that have already come before, we’re going to make stuff going forward.

That doesn’t mean that you might not see personas from the past reappear, that’s possible. But we’re not just going to go and rehash what’s been done before.
Quote:
Scott: People have asked if all the content that was up on the Haslab campaign will be used, and the answer is yes, including all the stretch goals and things like that, you’re going to get to see all that content at some time. Doesn’t mean you’re going to get it all on day one, but you’re going to get it pretty close to the first year or so.
Quote:
Scott: Somebody asked, will there be efforts made to make sure that people who can’t access old figures can stay competitive?

Uh, yeah, that’s real easy with different tournament formats and things like that. We would never run for example, a major tournament and say that you have to have figures that are out of print and not available to everybody, would be legal in that sort of an event. But that doesn’t mean we can’t run some events that also allow classic figures. So we’ll try to take care of everybody, and again, it’s all about fun. So lots of different tournament formats and stuff like that.
Quote:
Scott: I just want to say, the next three months are critical for us, we’re working really hard, we will be launching Heroscape next year in 2024, and sometime in Q1 next year, maybe the next Renegadecon or somewhere right around there, that’s where we’re just going to reveal everything that’s coming in Wave 1. There’s multiple waves being planned. But Wave 1, and get to show off lots of stuff.

And probably the best way to make sure, maybe we will spill some beans, trickle some along the way before the big reveal next year, is to join our Discord, because we're all in there.
(It has been noted on Discord on multiple occasions that they do not tend to reveal any specific products until they're ready to open pre-orders, and the products will be released a few months later.)

Additional info, not from the stream:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor McGregor
You'll be able to run events anywhere. As to specific support for a specific event or prize support, we're too far away for those details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Chung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
He said around the time of the next Renegade Con probably
IDK if we know when that is
typically feb-mar

Last edited by Anitar; October 11th, 2023 at 09:37 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News