Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 14th, 2021, 09:53 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Scarlet Witch (Avengers) (Public Testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella
Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Scarlet Witch (Avengers)

Army Test 1
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Scarlet Witch (370), Captain America (240), Winter Soldier (240), Ms. Marvel (350), Sage (190) (1390 points) Vs. Proxima Midnight (350), Black Swan (320), Thanos (500), Black Panther (200), Venom Pigeon (30) (1400 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Scarlet Witch (370), Professor X (220), Angel (90), Deadpool (285), Judge Fish (25) (990 points)
Vs. Fantastic Four (1000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Scarlet Witch (Avengers) (370), Star-Lord (250), Robot (210), Chun-Li (150) (980 points) Vs. Leonardo (210), Raphael (170), Michelangelo (170), Donatello (150), Splinter (230), Headpool (60) (990 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Scarlet Witch’s power and utility is more than enough to see her getting board time. She’s very hit or miss with damage, and gets so ridiculously strong as you buff her. In the first game she destroyed 500 point Thanos in one turn. Second game she takes out most of the F4 with help from Deadpool. This game her Altering Avenger gets a lot more play. AA really ruins a lot of figure’s plans and can make her deceptively tanky. In the third game she tore the turtles apart but still was an incredibly close game. She REALLY benefits from having her attack raised, and I’d wonder how she’d do with Enchantress since the current wording suggests that auto skull would be affected too.

Maybe I was getting lucky rolls, but the more I played her the more I felt she could actually do with a slight point increase. 3 attack isn’t hurting much, but when she’s rolling 5 attack dice it almost always leads to something getting hurt badly, and that’s not hard to achieve. And if she’s rolling well for her AA as well, she’s not going down anytime soon and can shut figures down. Sage is an incredible partner for her that bolsters both of her abilities, and I’d fear what she could do if you stack multiple buffers, or if I’d managed to pull off Cap + Sage + height in the first game.

This all said though, she’s a frail unit if she’s not rolling well, or against someone who outranges her, has MD, auto wounds, or has multi attacks. She has a lot of weaknesses that can be exploited easily with the right set up. She’s definitely a piece you could build teams around, but you need to guard her. The second team was built almost entirely around her and it showed it’s potency with the sheer amount of shutdown and redirection.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I loved her! I love her chaotic and creative abilities. She was terrifying to fight as just a couple of buffs made her damage potential so much higher, and she has several teams she can slot into. I had a lot of fun testing her though, and it was fun building teams that pushed her chaos further.
Pretty solid tester.
Old June 14th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed. Great tests and feedback.
Old June 14th, 2021, 01:38 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubberguy22
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Scarlet Witch (Avengers)

Army Test
Map: Country Road
Units:
Blubberguy22(me) played:

Scarlet Witch 370
Captain America 240
Winter Soldier 240 (who chose Captain America as his buddy, of course)
Ms. Marvel 350

vs.

Fantastic 4 + Future Force Spider-Man (1225 total)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Grundy's Grave
Units:
Blubberguy22 (me) played:

Scarlet Witch (370) + Mystic Flames (5)*
Captain America (Sam Wilson) (180)
Tar Pit (150)*
Blob (165)*
*with White Avenger Marker

vs.

Green Lantern (Kilowog) (310)
Green Lantern x3 (120)
Green Construct (Decoy) x4 (200)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: HYDRA Base Gehenna
Units:
Blubberguy22 (me) played:

Scarlet Witch (370)*
Ms. Marvel (350)
Magneto (375)*
Blob (165)*
Destiny (55)
*with White Avenger Marker

vs.

Shimmer (120)
Mammoth (210)
Wonder Woman (310)
Superman (440)
Cyborg (230)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Cost seems appropriate, and the unit is pretty well balanced. There are some times where she feels really strong while others she doesn't seem to do much when her rolls fail. Her attacks are middling without an extra die from either height or other units (like Captain America), but get pretty strong with just that single extra die. Positioning is definitely key with her.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: A lot of fun and ends up being scary to the opponents. Definitely a control type, and if she can get a good position she can either make opponents wary of approaching or lock them in to die. Sometimes she feels a bit lacking in her ability to control the battlefield when getting misses on her ability, but when it succeeds repeatedly it really shuts down the other team. Magical Defense gives her some nice longevity to continue to lock opponents out.
His first tests complete! Happy to see some new testers. His points were a bit off, but I tried to help steer him a bit on what we're looking for.

I'm gonna want at least 1 experienced tester here though, to get another set of hands on it to get a better judgement.

Last edited by Arkham; June 14th, 2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old June 14th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Pretty solid for a first timer.
Old June 15th, 2021, 12:40 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I love this design. Feels so much like an uber-powerful Wanda.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:23 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Scarlet Witch

Army Test 1
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Scarlet Witch (370), Quicksilver (240), Vision (340), Stan Lee
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic FOur (1,000)

Pre-game thoughts: Vision rolled 3 skulls, 1 shield, and 2 blanks at the start of the game. Those blanks should give Wanda a decent power boost.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Wanda had a pretty decent showing here. Negating Flame On was a big moment for the Avengers, saving them from a potential 4 wounds. Taking out Sue so early with some boosted Chaos Bolts was a strong play too.

Army Test 2
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (1,200): Scarlet Witch (370), Captain America (240), Zatara (230), Selene (360)
Team 2 (1,200): Doc Ock II (250), Rhino (220), Sandman (210), Kraven (200), Nitro (170), Mysterio (115), Mysterio Holograms (35)

Pre-game thoughts: Attack boosts with Cap and bonding with Zatara. Wanda is Kraven’s Prey

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The S6 obviously had a huge turn efficiency advantage here, with Zatara falling before accomplishing much of anything, but the two sorceresses really tore through whatever was thrown at them. Wanda got a few really strong Chaos Bolts in there, especially when she one-shot Sandman.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Scarlet Witch’s damage-dealing power when stat-boosted is pretty insane. Not uncommon to be scoring 6 skull double attacks, which will obviously tear through anything the enemy throws at you pretty quick. However, she’s relatively fragile for her price point. Human Torch, for example, will make short work of her if he can survive long enough. Altering Avenger is perfect. It can shut down some enemy plays, but it’s random enough that it doesn’t feel frustrating. Might be a little on the strong side, but not horribly so?

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Feels awesome! Perfectly on point.
I do feel like Hex Bolts is pretty insane, but not sure it needs to be toned down? I think it would be tricky to do so in a way that makes her feel good with and without stat boosters.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 05:33 PM

Thanks!

I definitely like it encouraged to play her with stat boosting, as the other Scarlets really don't need them at all to do their thing, and this being the Avengers Scarlet, really pushing her towards Cap, Vision, and to a lesser extent Star-Lord, feels appropriate. I also like how out of all the Scarlets, she feels the most vulnerable given her higher cost and lack of re-rolls etc. which sort of doubles down on her need for stat boosting and protective/support units in Quicksilver, Vision, and Cap.

Your 2 close wins lead me to believe she's in a pretty good place.

@330 before roll was upped from 12 to 14.
Close win. (Arkham)

@360 before roll was upped from 12 to 14.
Close win. (Arkham)

@370 before roll was upped from 12 to 14.
Medium loss. (Arkham)
Medium win. (Arkham)

@370 3-1

Close win. (Nobody)
Close win. (Nobody)
Close-Medium win. (Arkham)
Medium loss. (Arkham)

New testers aside, lots of close games, with some notable luck in some of the wins that might have tipped the other way. I do agree the Chaos Bolts potential might be a tad on the high side, so what I'm thinking is we make this slight tweak:
Quote:
CHAOS BOLTS
When attacking normally with Scarlet Witch, multiply the skulls in her attack by 1 + X. X is the number of blanks in her attack. After attacking normally with Scarlet Witch, if she did not inflict one or more wounds, she may attack normally one additional time.
That should prevent a big double 6+ skull attack from occurring, while still giving her the opportunity to do some damage, and capturing the feel of varying attack potential. It also captures a nice feel of if she picks on weak targets, it's less likely she'll need to attack again for a better outcome to break through.

I'll run a couple more games and see how that pans out.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 05:35 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks like a solid tweak. Keeps her reliable while limiting the big swings in her favor.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 05:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I dig that tweak.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 06:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Very reasonable limit.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 10:48 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Scarlet Witch

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Scarlet Witch(360), Cap(240), Vision(340), Star-Lord(250), Final Ruin(10) (1200)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Moon Knight(150), Shang-Chi(230), Nova(210), Swordsman(160) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Scarlet Witch(360), Cyclops(240), Wolverine(270), Emma Frost(220), Final Ruin(10) (1100)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Nebula(240), Gamora(300), She-Hulk(310) (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Scarlet Witch(360), Vision(340), Spider-Man(280), Hawkeye(220) (1200)
vs.
Cap(240), Winter Soldier(240), Ms. Marvel(350), Quasar(370) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Units:
Scarlet Witch(360), Vision(340), Quicksilver(240), Jubilee(60) (1000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 23rd, 2021, 10:51 PM

2 wins and 2 losses, all reasonably close. I think one final tweak on the d20 roll should suffice. Going to lower the Avengers +4 bonus to +2. Giving the opponent just a little more of a chance to avoid it(I recorded all the numbers, and that would have helped on a couple of the rolls).

With that, I think we're ready to move on at 360.

I propose a vote to move to Final Editing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library