Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #14 Added!

Thanks for adding my thread MegaSilver!

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #14 Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
Thanks for adding my thread MegaSilver!
No problem!
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #15 Added!

Unit Debate #15 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26753

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:59 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

You should do Jotun vs. Krug.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1009 View Post
You should do Jotun vs. Krug.
That's a good debate. Most people would have trouble deciding who is better, but I imagine Krug will when due to his cheap cost and bonding.
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Due to the problems from the forums:

The orginal Debates #16-17 will not be done again as they were, I will act like they did not happen. The next debates will run under normal mumbers of 16-17. Sorry to those who had those debates.

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master, who does not want to mess with reposting two debates that no one will really want to do over agin.
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #16 Added!

Debate #16 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26854
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #17 Added!

Debate #17 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26890

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:14 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

Debate ideas

Minions Vs. Sentinals

Axegrinders vs. Mohicans(include hero)

Nakitas vs. KM
or
Tagawa vs. Kozuke
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Is there any suggestions to improve my Unit Debates? I feel that I should add another number to my list, but I cannot think of any. Help would be nice.

It feels to me that my debates are going downhill, though I am not sure if they are...

Check with me first.

Okay. I hope you don't mind if I talk about some of your debates.

1-2 are great debates, IMO. In the first, the Knights are clearly better, since they are 2 grades higher in the Power Rankings, but the Gladiators are a close second.

The second one has been argued to death, but it had to be done eventually.

Valguard vs. Parmenio
was pretty lopsided. Neither unit is used much, but in the case that in a Roman army, you already have Marcus and all other Warlords/Soldiers you want, and it comes down to Valguard or Parmenio, 90% will pick Valguard, since he packs some offensive strength, and can survive a while, too.

BA and Migol debate
was pretty lopsided because the two are so different in point cost. They're equally good for their points, but most people will pick the overall better hero. It's like comparing Airborne Elite to Marro Warriors. Both are really good, but when people think "Debate" they think immediately "Who's better," not "Who's better, for their points."

Templar vs. Groks was pretty good, but most people agreed that they were both equally bad, but the Templar were simply cheaper.

Drones/Dividers

TSA vs. AA No doubt about it, the Aubrien Archers, with more synergy, and more attacks (usually) per order marker.

Raelin vs. Raelin Raelin ROTV is used in about 60, maybe 70% of all builds. You just can't go wrong with her. However, Raelin SOTM, will probably get into 5-10% of all builds. She's just not as useful. If they were both the same points, that might get interesting...

Grimnak vs. Tornak
was pretty obvious. Grimnak is the core of all Blade/Heavy Grut builds. Tornak's only use is once you already have Grimnak, but most people would rather choose Nerak or Raelin instead of Torky.

MacDirk vs. Denrick I've never seen Denrick used, and have only heard him being used in theme armies.

Soulborg Special was okay, but the Trons are a solid A army, but the Crons are only a B-B+ army. Trons are and forever will be (unless there's a sudden surge in large/huge army builds) better.

Anubians vs. Badru

Nilfheim vs. Braxas This guy and gal are probably the best dragons. Braxas is the second best dragon, no doubt, but we're voting for who is the best dragon, not the second best. Basically, 75% of people thought Nilf was better, and about 50% thought Braxas was pretty close behind. However, just because most people think that Nilf is just a little bit better, does not mean that Nilf will get a little more votes.

Heavies vs. Axegrinders

Cyprien and Sonya vs. Retchets and Iskra It's like comparing KMA to Shades. Both are fun. But only the first is competitive.

Generally a good rule of thumb is to check the books of those units and the competitive army forum to see how often they're used in competitive builds. Don't count the ones that say "Looks like fun, but probably not very competitive."

I have faith in you that your debates will improve, Megasilver. Don't stop them. Ever.

~Rednax
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #19 Added!

Unit Debate # 19 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26983

MegaSilver
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #20 Added!

Unit Debate #20 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27022

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units