Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 10th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ultron Drones - Public Playtesting

For reference:
Quote:
PROGRAM TRANSMISSION 20
After moving and attacking with Ultron, you may choose one figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Ultron. Chosen figures must be Androids, Cyborgs, or figures other than Destructible Objects that received at least one wound from Ultron's Encephalo Ray Special Attack this turn. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to your roll for each wound given to a figure this turn with Encephalo Ray Special Attack. If you roll 20 or higher, destroy the chosen figure and Ultron. Immediately place Ultron on the space previously occupied by the chosen figure and remove all Wound Markers from Ultron's card.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
But he does have to be chosen to both move and attack right? A lot of the game Vs the Fan 4 he was rubber wrapped so I was moving 2 Drones and making feeble attacks on Mr. Fantastic with Ultron.
I believe so yea, but you could have chosen to move him 0 spaces and then attacked with him. I never even thought about using the move 2 drones and then attack with Ultron approach.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

It made the most sense to me when Ultron couldn’t move. If I had realized I could have moved one Drone only and then attempted Transmission rolls I might have done that a couple of times. When you take a full turn with Ultron and don’t move him your default moved him 0 spaces so it counts, I didn’t consider that’s how it worked with Age of Ultron.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I hadn't contemplated your tactic, so I think another set of tests where someone plays him that way could be some good data.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure the "After moving and attacking" wording only specifies timing, and not a trigger that you have to do both. Who's in charge of rules nowadays.

Otherwise, what is your intent, Tickle? We can easily clean up the wording to make it clear, but I want to know what you want it to do first.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don’t have a strong preference either way. I was under the impression that he wasn’t able to use the Transmission if he was chosen with Age of Ultron but I’m fine if he is able to do that. I do think it’s a little ambiguous as it is worded currently. I’m leaning towards allowing him to use it because I want them to be at least as good with Ultron as they are with Brainiac 13. Which definitely comes from being able to keep multiple Drones close to Brainiac easily and his being a trigger when he would die instead of something you have to choose to do each turn. So I think giving Ultron more opportunity to roll Transmission and leaving Drones at +2 for that roll is the better strategy.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would have played it the way Tickle just described. Use one of the 2 moves from Age of Ultron (even if it's a move of 0) and then have Utron use the 1 attack granted by Age of Ultron, and you have satisfied the 'after moving and attacking' requirement to roll for Transmission. If you moved two drones and attack with Ultron, you didn't move and attack with Ultron so you don't get to attempt Transmission. If it were just a timing trigger, it would only say after attacking with Ultron, moving or not moving is irreverent to the timing. Thus it's inclusion indicates it's a requirement as part of the trigger, Ultron must have used both a move and attack action to use Transmission, an attack only bonding power would not trigger it, nor would a move only bonding power. Ultron must both move and attack to use Transmision (even if it was just a move of 0), however it doesn't otherwise need to be full turn bonding though. If it required a normal full turn, it would have said after taking a turn with Ultron, so the pseudo bonding granted by Age of Ultron satisfies the trigger requirement.
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I would have played it the way Tickle just described. Use one of the 2 moves from Age of Ultron (even if it's a move of 0) and then have Utron use the 1 attack granted by Age of Ultron, and you have satisfied the 'after moving and attacking' requirement to roll for Transmission. If you moved two drones and attack with Ultron, you didn't move and attack with Ultron so you don't get to attempt Transmission. If it were just a timing trigger, it would only say after attacking with Ultron, moving or not moving is irreverent to the timing. Thus it's inclusion indicates it's a requirement as part of the trigger, Ultron must have used both a move and attack action to use Transmission, an attack only bonding power would not trigger it, nor would a move only bonding power. Ultron must both move and attack to use Transmision (even if it was just a move of 0), however it doesn't otherwise need to be full turn bonding though. If it required a normal full turn, it would have said after taking a turn with Ultron, so the pseudo bonding granted by Age of Ultron satisfies the trigger requirement.
that's how I would interpret that too.
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I basically played it that way (Moving Ultron around was more useful than an extra drone), so I'm not concerned about that part.

I'm fuzzy on my rulings, but if that's correct then we should be good on that part!
Old October 10th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

Gonna try to run one more test tonight now that I understand how that should work better.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ultron Drones

Army Test
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Ultron, Ultron Drones x6, Gizmo, Mechanical Constructs x2 (1520) vs Captain America 240, Wasp II 160, Iron Man (Avengers) 270, Spider-Man 250, Hawkeye (Skycycle), Doctor Strange and Falcon (1520)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: They definitely played differently when I could use Transmission after using Age of Ultron. I was still able to keep 1 Drone in the SZ for most of the game as their OM hub.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: They feel rather balanced to me and I like how they play with Ultron now that I understand how Program Transmission works with Age of Ultron

Last edited by tcglkn; October 11th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:12 AM
Tickle Pickle

Updated with last test results.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sweet. Looking good. What are you thinking in terms of moving forward?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library