Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
West Lafayette INDIANA Delta+ Tourney!

WHOOOO! We've been talking about it long enough, TIME TO DO IT WHOOOOOOOOO!

We here in humble West Lafayette, IN 47906 want to run a Heroscape tournament, using the incredible Delta+ pricing system.

We would like some input though. As usual, I'm going to ask what dates would work best for people? (weebaer, TheMind, this is where I need y'alls input. A date in March?)

We're talking about location right now. There are some pros and cons to using our wonderful FLGS, the big con being that they run things most Saturdays and they may not have space for us. The space they would have would be tables more suited for playing cards than for Heroscape.

Anyway, I'm just putting a feeler out there for now. Please inform me!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: West Lafayette INDIANA Delta+ Tourney!

I might have something on the 9th. The 16th or 23rd or 30th look fairly open.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM

TheMind knows what's in an order marker TheMind knows what's in an order marker

I am coaching Speech and Debate Nationals in St. Louis over Spring Break, so that's out for me. Other than that, March works well for me. Any time after spring break, in particular, is especially nice.

Also, as I have mentioned in person, I can get some nice rooms with sprawling tables at Purdue, with free parking, no Magic players, etc.

...Just saying.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMind View Post
I am coaching Speech and Debate Nationals in St. Louis over Spring Break, so that's out for me. Other than that, March works well for me. Any time after spring break, in particular, is especially nice.

Also, as I have mentioned in person, I can get some nice rooms with sprawling tables at Purdue, with free parking, no Magic players, etc.

...Just saying.
March 23rd seems to work well.

I'll see what the Shoppe's got going on on the 23rd. On one hand, if we can have it at the Shoppe, we could probably wrangle up a few more people that way.

On the other hand, if we have it at Purdue, we can keep the participants limited to people who will know and plan for Delta+ ahead of time. This way, we can put an emphasis on playtesting Delta, and having people put in battle reports. I would

Maybe we reserve a day in summer at the Sage's Shoppe now, and run a larger classic point cost tourney with an alternate format? That way we could run something larger if we really wanted to.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

This is a bit closer than the last tournament, so I should be able to make it. Not sure about on the 23rd though. I think Shedim Kabal is considering hosting a tournament that day in Chicago. Yours might actually be closer, but my dad really doesn't like Delta pricing so we'd probably go to Chicago if we have the option. I will have to talk with him about it.

Last edited by vegietarian18; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
This is a bit closer than the last tournament, so I should be able to make it. Not sure about on the 23rd though. I think Shedim Kebal is considering hosting a tournament that day in Chicago. Yours might actually be closer, but my dad really doesn't like Delta pricing so we'd probably go to Chicago if we have the option. I will have to talk with him about it.
I would much rather move the date around and get more people rather than make people choose.

What is it about Delta that your dad doesn't like? Has he tried it before?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

I really appreciate Delta. I like having the ability to take Templar Knights to a tourny... and be competative
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Quote:
This is a bit closer than the last tournament, so I should be able to make it. Not sure about on the 23rd though. I think Shedim Kebal is considering hosting a tournament that day in Chicago. Yours might actually be closer, but my dad really doesn't like Delta pricing so we'd probably go to Chicago if we have the option. I will have to talk with him about it.
I would much rather move the date around and get more people rather than make people choose.

What is it about Delta that your dad doesn't like? Has he tried it before?
Nope, we've never tried it. I think he'd like it fine if he tried it (I come up with a lot of our armies anyways; the changed point costs wouldn't do anything to him ). I was just saying that if there were two we would probably not take the Delta one. But since Shedim hasn't announced anything yet, I'm not sure if you need to change the date for me.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd go regardless, but I will admit I don't particularly like the delta pricing. But alas, it is your tournament, do as you please. I'll let you guys know more later about dates; I'm not quite sure yet.Would C3V/SoV be allowed alongside delta or no?
By the way, even if it's for heroscape, my parents won't let me set foot in Purdue.

(I'm worried someone will take that seriously. It's a joke, don't worry )

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; January 22nd, 2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: I'm not sure I'd let myself either :D
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Nope, we've never tried it. I think he'd like it fine if he tried it (I come up with a lot of our armies anyways; the changed point costs wouldn't do anything to him ). I was just saying that if there were two we would probably not take the Delta one. But since Shedim hasn't announced anything yet, I'm not sure if you need to change the date for me.
There's a big difference between not liking to concept and not liking the execution. I also think he'd appreciate it if he gave it a shot.

Is Shedim Kebal this fellow's Heroscapers ID? I'd like to contact him so we don't step on each other's toes in regards to tourney dates. I'm okay with doing something in April, with the caveat that the closer to the week before finals week it gets, the more dangerous.

Unless we pull it back and try late February instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I'd go regardless, but I will admit I don't particularly like the delta pricing. But alas, it is your tournament, do as you please. I'll let you guys know more later about dates; I'm not quite sure yet.Would C3V/SoV be allowed alongside delta or no?
Oh yes. Once we get some date/location details hammered out I'll post an official format with links and things, but we'd use the Delta+ version, which accounts for the C3V/SoV stuff released so far.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM

Late February seems kinda soon, and I couldn't make the 23rd. Shedim Kebal is his name, and I've already PMed him. I doubt we'll try out Delta unless a tournament has it, with how much other 'scape we already play, but I personally like the idea.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The place where Shedim runs his tourneys is 5 minutes from my house also, it Kabal.

Concerning West Lafayette, I'll check how far that is from Valpo. If it 's close, I a will likely come, if not, then 8 will have to finagle some things.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events