Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 6th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Ana Karithon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post
It seems she would go best with med. hero figures that have range on them. Off the top I think Kamon would be a good draft with her, even though he is often used as a clean up figure. The points and order markers would be a bit much for a tournment but I could see her working well with Skahan. Though generally if there are melee figures ajesent to Skahan she is going down quick.

Nothing tournment viable but just fun to play would be:

Laglor 110
Raelin:80
Ana:100
Skhan:120
Tandros:100

Total 510

Would be hard to set up and you would not get to many attack per order marker but in theory you should have a solid defence against range and Melee if you position Tandros Raelin and Ana right.
Trading Tandros for Rats will make it easier to play and allow you to try to get a glyph and have some board Control. Laglor and Skahen is a pretty good combo, Might also consider Syvarris and Kaemon. You would still have long range and a multi attacker plus its 10 points cheaper to get you at the 500 level.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:18 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, got some action with the Rana Pod. For some reason this idea has really caught my interest and I have put some thought into it.

Like it has been mentioned earlier Raelin v1 and Ana are the core of this group. That gets you in at 180 points.

Next you NEED a hero with long range and multiple attack that can benefit from Ana's healing word.

The top two candidates are Syvarris, who has a natural double attack of 9 spaces. Or Agent Skahen who gets a double attack of 9 spaces when buffed with Laglor. If you go Skahen and Laglor you committed another 230 points into your army for a total of 410 points. However, I would suggest that if you go Laglor and Skahen you should think about just going with the Vydar range pod and be done with it. (Plus Skahen and Laglor are hard to find figures).
IMO Syvarris is the best option because he is 100 points and leaves you with 220 still to build the rest of your army.

So the question is what do you fill out the last 220 points with? With Marvel Capt America is a nice fit, though it does lack any ability to get blocker units at the 500 point army limit.

Sonlen has been mentioned a few times as a good choice, though I personnally lean towards Kaemon Awa. The reasons for this is that KA has a longer ranged attack. At short range I perfer KA's double special attack over Sonlens normal attack+dragon swoop. Sonlen does get you another healer, but I feel that is a bit redundant with Ana. Plus, in this case I prefer KA higher defense plus counterstrike over Sonlens higher life total.

To round off the army (at 500 points) I went with rats x2 plus Marcu. The rats provide a viable screen plus allows some glyph grabbing options and Marcu offers some high movement options.

So then I took this army of
Raelin V1
Ana
KA
Syvvarris
rats x2
Marcu

against

Cyprien
Sonya
10th x 4

Map was flashfire.

First game Cyprien flew for a quick strike while the I tried to develop my pod towards the high ground on the left side of the map. Cyprien did kill Syvarris before falling to KA(though cyprien did lay two wounds on KA in the process). Losing Syvarris is a big deal to this army. Without his long attack the 10th were able to come up and drop multiple attacks while only haveing to fear KA's single long range attack. I did bring out some rats to engage them to follow up with attacks from KA, but having Ana compels KA to stay close. At the end of the day 10th did overwhelm the rats and bring down KA before mopping up the ladies. I think 5 Redcoats didnt survive the assualt.

Second game I was a little better prepared for Cyprien with my OM management, and he did not land a killing blow to Syvarris before he died. So then I was able to set up my pod with Syvarris this time and it made a absolutley huge difference. That 9 range double attacked prevented the 10th from easily setting up in numbers and laying lots of coordinated attacks on my group. After getting Syvarris healed a couple times the 10th started shooting at Ana. Though with Raelins def buff and 5 lives she lived long enough for Syvarris to thin out the 10th. Once Ana dropped (plus I was low on rats) I sent KA out to battle the 10th. What remained was mopped up by Syvarris who still snuggled raelin. (I probably could have less losses if I was more conservative with KA)

So then, I plan to try a few more battles when the oppurtunities arise. So far my obsevervations is that this pod should fear any quick strike unit while it is trying to set up. If it loses any key figure it is hard pressed to recover.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:59 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really want to try her with Sonlen because.... well just because I like Sonlen, and he seems like a good hero to focus healing on. At 500 points, this looks pretty solid:

Ana - 100
Raelin - 180
Sonlen - 340
Syvarris - 440
Izumi - 500

Set up the pod, set up the Izumi as a meat shield (hopefully in Raelin's aura) and start by shooting with Syvarris until the opponent starts attacking Ana/Raelin. Once they do, they should be close enough for Sonlen to get some shots in, so switch to him using Dragon Heal on whoever needs it.

I don't really like the max of two attacks per turn (excluding the samurai's weak attack), but it sure looks like fun.

I guess Deathreavers might be a problem, too, which is why it might be better to go with a Vydar range variant or Kaemon. But hey, I like Sonlen.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:48 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I really want to try her with Sonlen because.... well just because I like Sonlen, and he seems like a good hero to focus healing on. At 500 points, this looks pretty solid:

Ana - 100
Raelin - 180
Sonlen - 340
Syvarris - 440
Izumi - 500

Set up the pod, set up the Izumi as a meat shield (hopefully in Raelin's aura) and start by shooting with Syvarris until the opponent starts attacking Ana/Raelin. Once they do, they should be close enough for Sonlen to get some shots in, so switch to him using Dragon Heal on whoever needs it.

I don't really like the max of two attacks per turn (excluding the samurai's weak attack), but it sure looks like fun.

I guess Deathreavers might be a problem, too, which is why it might be better to go with a Vydar range variant or Kaemon. But hey, I like Sonlen.

I play that exact setup which we call the SARS Pod(as we discussed in Ana's pre-release thread). I've found it's actually very solid. The 2 attacks per turn can be a burden, but the goal is to have a solid ranged pod, which you do have. The Izumi are amazing for just about everything BUT Rats, however in the game I've played Sonlen does a good enough job taking care of that threat if it ever comes to fruition.

The goal was rotating OMs between Syvarris and Sonlen on height ending their turns next to Ana if they're expecting to be shot at. Syvarris first for his range, Sonlen when they get into Dragon range. They seem to last forever next to Ana with Raelin's Aura.
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM

I was thinking about the SARS pod also though I never tried it. For rats I think you can get by that problem by having Syvarris (or sonlen) surrounded by other units so your choosen attacker cannot be engaged by those pesky rats. With the Izumi in front, Syvarrs in the middle and the other 3 heroes around syvarris he will be completely blocked off from engagement. Having rats and marcus instead of Izumi might also be an option. Though in this case I like Izumi better because its a better shield vs melee and with only 4 rats your not going to do much board control anyway.

Good Trades I have had.

Old January 20th, 2010, 12:27 AM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

I can't find this anywhere: Can Ana heal herself with Healing Word? I know it says "adjacent to", which would normally exclude the casting figure, but why shouldn't a healer be allowed to heal herself like anyone else?
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Has to explicitly state it, like on Sonlen's card. Otherwise, no self-targeting, period.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

My friend and I were playing and he had Ana in his army. He was arguing that because of the healing power saying "after you reveal an order marker" that he would be able to heal an adjacent hero by revealing the X marker. I was pretty sure this was not legal but I let him do it because it was an amusing interpretation that I couldn't find anything specifically wrong with and he was losing rather bad. What do you guys think of this wording interpretation?

Old January 25th, 2010, 05:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
My friend and I were playing and he had Ana in his army. He was arguing that because of the healing power saying "after you reveal an order marker" that he would be able to heal an adjacent hero by revealing the X marker. I was pretty sure this was not legal but I let him do it because it was an amusing interpretation that I couldn't find anything specifically wrong with and he was losing rather bad. What do you guys think of this wording interpretation?
The X Order Marker cannot be revealed, so he can't do it.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My favorite thing to do if cyprien is anywhere to be found is glads, ana, and Raelin with any kind of range(or I suppose you can use her) to render him useless and kill him at leisure. I like her a lot, but that being said, because the aura is only useful against utgar I think she is overpriced and would sit nicer at 80.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
My favorite thing to do if cyprien is anywhere to be found is glads, ana, and Raelin with any kind of range(or I suppose you can use her) to render him useless and kill him at leisure. I like her a lot, but that being said, because the aura is only useful against utgar I think she is overpriced and would sit nicer at 80.
I don't know if I agree. Ana is basically the red-headed lovechild of Raelin and Kelda. She has a watered-down version of blonde-mom's aura and a beefed-up version of blue-mom's healing, and the Jandar girls are already 80 points apiece. And once Ana is in position, she doesn't require any order markers unless you want to throw 4 Attack dice at Cyprien. Limiting the aura to Utgar simply narrows the niche in which Ana can easily serve her purpose to keep her affordable. Any more versatility and she would be a worthwhile addition to nearly any army you could come up with.

I don't think she would be broken at 80, but I think she works at 100 as long as you give her a job to do.
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Theres no doubt she works at 100, but I feel 80 would be a much more reasonable cost. Yes she is good for all the reasons listed, so is Raelin and then some at 80... Ana is not as good as Raelin as her aura is smaller and more situational and clearly would be used with her, and she requires much more setup to get off her healing, which is of course powerful when it works. Raelin is easy to setup, one marker gets her close enough to units who have used two, however here you would most likely need 2-3 markers to get to a viable position.. I don't know, I can't say I have much experience as of yet, what she has done for me thus far has been good, but I would need to see her in a 1v1 scenario before being convinced..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units