Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ceasefire

Thanks Kutless its nice to get feedback. I've really kinda drifted away from this, but since I'm working on another fanfic I figured it was time to give this thread a kick.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:14 PM

Jandar felt something nudge him in the back. Disregarding it he rolled over in the bed and buried his face in the old pillow. Another nudge came, this time harder. Jandar swatted away at whatever it was that was intent on keeping him away from a long nights sleep. Suddenly he felt the bed surge sideways tossing him onto the floor.
“What in the name of!”
He was not in a bed but on the grass. He had just been shoved off a small overhang by none other than Syvarris.
“Its time to go,” Said the elf. “some of your friends are already here.”
“My knights?”
“Yes, hurry up they’re eager to see you.”
Jandar picked himself off the ground and looked at the elf. He clearly showed no remorse about having woken up an Archkyrie in this manner, but shrugging off the informality he went over to the horses. There three knights sat huddled around a makeshift fire, eating breakfast. As he approached he picked voice of Sir Roger up immediately.
“For what a shame it is that a pretty little flower like she should be confined there amongst the dirt and muck of a poor retched town like that.”
“Her father owns the inn.” Nicholas replied.
“A tyrant he must be to keep such a golden angel of heaven locked away from the world.”
“And the war,” Bron muttered.
“So noble a quest calls to my heart gentlemen. Tis a rescue that she needs.”
“Not from someone like you,” Syvarris said, coming up behind Jandar causing the whole lot of them to turn around.
The Knights instantly arose from the seats to greet Jandar.
Bron was the first to get to him. He managed to put Jandar in an embrace even he couldn’t have broken.
“Thank you Jandar,” He said as tears welded up in his eyes. “For saving my brother. I promised to protect him but without you he’d be lost now.”
“No thanks are in order, you would have done the same for me.”
“I must correct you, my lord.” Nicholas said stepping up to him. “I am indebted to you even more so than before.”
Roger slowly approached Jandar and right before his eyes burst into tears. He then did the impossible, he embraced Jandar harder than Bron had.
“I’m so sorry my lord. It was my fault that you nearly drowned. If I had just found a better place to cross the river-“
“Peace brave Roger. The fault is not of your doing. I’m merely glad to see you all safe and well again.”
“We split off as soon as we could. Denrick and Gilbert are with Ullar. Daniel is somewhere camped out near the river close to here.”
“We better go and collect them,” Syvarris said. “There has been some disturbing news of late that I’ve been hearing and I think its best if you all were together.”
“Where is Adon?” Jandar asked.
“That old kyrie? He went missing in the middle of the night. He left you this.”
The bowman held out a piece of parchment with something tied to it. Unscrolling the paper Jandar read the message to himself.
I’m sorry to have to leave you without saying goodbye but pressing matters have arisen in a far away land across the sea and my duty calls me there. You are a naturally born leader Jandar, your men will follow you to their last breath. Only your actions will bring about the final end of this conflict. I’m sure that our paths will cross again in the future. Farewell and good luck.
P.S. You will find What you seek in Anund. There a trial will be had. Whether for good or ill I know not but your destiny will reveal itself to you soon enough.
Adon
Jandar thought about what Adon had meant, could his sword be in Anund, or did he mean something else. Jandar looked up at what was tied to the letter, It was a bright feather with silver tips and a blue stripe. He saw that all his comrades were staring at him, he smiled.
“Well I guess we better get going.”

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:44 AM

The orcs were making great time. Skorr glanced behind him for a moment. The pack of swogs were moving swiftly over the grasslands. There had been no enemy interferences yet. Something that pleased Skorr yet seemed to disappoint the others. They had past the mountains between Kinsland and Anund and were on the verge of entering Erkstrom. It all seemed too easy. Skorr raised his left fist in the air giving the signal to break camp.
They settled near a little cave that appeared to be out of use. The swogs were all moved to the back of the cave and given raw strips of meat to quench themselves on. Back in Kinsland they could have let the beasts hunt for themselves but now that they were in enemy territory it was imperative that they not give themselves away. Skorr sent two orcs to scout out the area and keep watch over their temporary campsite. Things could not be moving smoother. Skorr only hoped he would be able to redeem himself. It was most unfitting to be on a mission like this when the real glory came from the battlefield.
"Something wrong brother?" Captain Gertak came up to Skorr's side.
"No," he replied evasively. "Nothing that's your busniness."
"My riders are starting to complain about that archer you've brought with us."
"Deal with it."
"They think he's slowing us down."
"We're going to need him," Skorr said. "But I'm not going to have dissention in the ranks. If any of your rider's have an issue tell them to bring it to me. I'll make sure it won't be an issue any further."
"You still haven't told us how we're going to find the Kyrie lord and his band."
Skorr turned and looked up at the setting sun. Its bright rays still bothered him but not as much as they had before he had been brought to this world.
"I'm working on it."
"Well work fast, or I'll have to make sure its no longer an issue."
The orc captain went back to his fellow gruts. Skorr continued to watch the sun. He contemplated the mission. They were all expendable. Even if they were successful Skorr doubted that Taelord would restore his rank or even allow their safe return. Things would need to be done. It was always good to prepare for the worst. As the sun crept behind distant mountains Skorr tore his gaze from it and went to a spot in the cave, seperated from the others. He rolled out an old fur blanket and layed down upon the ground. There would be time for thinking later. For now he would focus on the hunt and his prey.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction